Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Stream got interesting for about 5 seconds there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Anime Curator posted:

just want to say that I have been enjoying much of AGDQ so far. what really drew me into it to begin with was that awesome uncharted run. the first couple of games they showed were a bit meh but I kept at; in fact I was planning to stop watching it after the tomb raider run, but luckily I didn't. the TAS bit was fun and interesting but that was it for me for night number one, I didn't really catch any of monday's stream because I was busy throuout the day but it seems I missed some good bits. The speed rund of Donkey KOng Country 2 was fun to watch but not as good as the Super Metroid run the previous year. Just want to say that I enjoyed the mario runs especially the first. Probably my favorite segmen t thus far. glad to see feasel giving commentary during Zelda II though I think it could have been better? the glitch run utterly failed and that was funny. Not really paying much attention to the radiant dawn run since it's long and I have never played it so instead I am watching people review halloween havoc 95 and critiquing it. I'll get back into AGDQ though

What bar is Ike?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

imo the zelda 2 run that feasel did a couple years ago was better than the one this year. feasel is a cool dude in general. his run of tomb raider 2 from last sgdq(?) is also a choice run to watch.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
That ruled.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
the 2 hours I've spent watching this was just validated.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
FE speedrun with time set aside for dramatic reading would've been better.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I loved not only that awful dialogue he read but that they went in-depth about how he's a useless character from a gameplay perspective. I'm glad I stuck with this run.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Come to daddy.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

nerdbot posted:

I loved not only that awful dialogue he read but that they went in-depth about how he's a useless character from a gameplay perspective. I'm glad I stuck with this run.

He has his own song that made it's way into Smash. Oliver is really cool.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
Now thinking this would be better as an Oliver percent run.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I remember the first time I saw that, I moved my character to attack him and it took me 15 seconds to realize he had switched to my side.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
THE RUN SO NICE IT KILLED THE STREAM TWICE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

steakmancer posted:

THE RUN SO NICE IT KILLED THE STREAM TWICE

Nothing stops the fire emblem run.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
MEDIOCRE AETHER

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
That run ruled, especially towards the end.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Went in expecting a terrible run, was pleasantly surprised by an inoffensive run instead.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
It's a shame that the combat itself comes off as so viscerally bland and long, because in therms of routing and planning and execution that was actually a nuts speedrun

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

WDIIA posted:

It's a shame that the combat itself comes off as so viscerally bland and long, because in therms of routing and planning and execution that was actually a nuts speedrun

Welcome to most RPG speedruns. They're a lot more interesting to read about than to actually watch.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i already wish I was there so I could commentate this silent hill run instead

this nerd doesn't even do the quick opening strategy, COME ON

EDIT: Fun fact, we counted the steps coming out of the cafe to reach the first key to determine whether it was faster to go left or right out of the cafe at the start. Going camera left is faster by like 5 steps and thus roughly a second!

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
HARRY WITH THE BELL BOTTOMS

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dude in the back is trying to fight sleep so hard, but keeps rocking back and forth lol.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

requesting a silent hill block at next sgdq

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
"Really? You're making pretty significant head way for this to be your first time"

thanks for ruining the joke

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

requesting a silent hill block at next sgdq

In addition to being an underrated game, Silent Hill 4 is a fun speedrun.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Why do they keep saying otter?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

mango sentinel posted:

In addition to being an underrated game, Silent Hill 4 is a fun speedrun.

silent hill 4 is not a fun loving speedrun who the gently caress told you that

god drat it do not even joke about that

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Al Borland posted:

Why do they keep saying otter?

Runner is a furry and his character is an otter, googled his name.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

oh holy gently caress he forgot the rifle and he won't notice for another 20 minutes

unless he's doing good+ that's pretty lol

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Uh, I just bought the humble bundle merchandise pack for 30 dollars, but when I try to select a country for shipping "Malaysia" is not in the list, what?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

:negative:

I was hoping it was something else.

But he does look like I expected...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

oh boy here comes thread

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Oh good, he is doing good+ hence no rifle.

granted I really wanted to see what would happen at the last boss when he realised he didn't have enough ammo to complete it and would have to dodge lasers for minutes until the boss dies of its own accord but ok, roll on tekkie.

was good+ a donation incentive or something

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Justin Time! posted:

Uh, I just bought the humble bundle merchandise pack for 30 dollars, but when I try to select a country for shipping "Malaysia" is not in the list, what?

lol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's kinda funny how a survival horror game can be easily chumped out just by running around like you're on crank

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's kinda funny how a survival horror game can be easily chumped out just by running around like you're on crank

lol i think most of them are like this.

Deadspace too monsters don't even go through doors.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Catching up from tonight's runs, judging from the comments I picked up Lost levels immediately and Big Jon didn't disappoint.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Please donate for Morrowind bonus any% run. Morrowind rules.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

sockpuppetclock posted:

Please donate for Morrowind bonus any% run. Morrowind rules.

I donated to save the animals earlier. I kinda wish I woulda donated to morrowind or rogue legacy name though but RL wasn't on the list.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

wow can't you let a nerd have his t-shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Silent Hill and classic Resident Evils are almost guaranteed to be boring.

• Locked thread