Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Hmm. 1:30am western and stream has 12k more viewers than it did during fire Emblem 3 hours ago.

NOT FIRE EMBLEM'S FAULT NOPE NOT AT ALL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

MVP posted:

Silent Hill and classic Resident Evils are almost guaranteed to be boring.

You're boring

edit: I love you too, Tekkie.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
This dude sounds like he's about to start crying during his shoutouts

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Some games are simply more interesting if you know the game yourself. As someone who knows Silent Hill this run was cool, but since I haven't played that particular Fire Emblem I can't get as much out of it.

Also it was super early in Europe when that FE run started.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
that is actually both a PB and a WR for that particular category of Good+

the thingie says Any% but good+ is distinctly not any% so nah

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Time for Splatterhouse. :w00t:

Chafe
Dec 17, 2009
And its by zallard1. Awesome.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
lol i love it when really autistic sounding donations come in.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Two Splatterhouses then Morrowind, gently caress yes.

edit: wtf was that announcement about

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~
two words.

Just
Cats

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh good its not that poo poo Splatterhouse remake.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

aside from that jennifer boss fight quick kill which was admittedly sick as gently caress, I don't get speedrunning this. The stages are entirely auto scrolling.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jiro posted:

Oh good its not that poo poo Splatterhouse remake.

splatterhouse remake owns.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Alteisen posted:

splatterhouse remake owns.

Let's agree to disagree, for me that game was unfinished and poo poo rear end controls, the one bright spot in when it went side scroller was messed up pretty badly by poo poo controls.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

aside from that jennifer boss fight quick kill which was admittedly sick as gently caress, I don't get speedrunning this. The stages are entirely auto scrolling.

Still better than fire emblem.

And not everyone has the skill or time to grind out super mario 64 I guess?

Speedruns exist because people sperg out over things, and you never know what game someone will decide to fixate on.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Gibbo posted:

Still better than fire emblem.

And not everyone has the skill or time to grind out super mario 64 I guess?

Speedruns exist because people sperg out over things, and you never know what game someone will decide to fixate on.

actually it's not better than fire emblem because that game goes appreciably and notably faster on a speedrun where that just kinda didn't

nobody speedruns rhythm games or most shmups and would be laughed at for trying to do so because they are entirely fixed in how long they take, yes? Splatterhouse was kinda straddling that line. I'm not like super offended by it or anything either, just puzzled at the notion of speedrunning a game that's 80% autoscroller.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm pretty hyped for Morrowind. Also no sound :laffo:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
awesome no audio it'll be like the fire emblem run i guess.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Sound is borked

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

hey surprise more tech issues

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

actually it's not better than fire emblem because that game goes appreciably and notably faster on a speedrun where that just kinda didn't

nobody speedruns rhythm games or most shmups and would be laughed at for trying to do so because they are entirely fixed in how long they take, yes? Splatterhouse was kinda straddling that line. I'm not like super offended by it or anything either, just puzzled at the notion of speedrunning a game that's 80% autoscroller.

but at least now it's not a potentially high traffic time, and it still had more viewers than fire emblem.

And the music was catchy.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Gibbo posted:

but at least now it's not a potentially high traffic time, and it still had more viewers than fire emblem.

neither of these things were the point you blithering loving moron I'm trying to talk about splatterhouse

i don't loving care that you didn't like fire emblem, goddamn.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Is he fighting the Count from Sesame Street?

Chafe
Dec 17, 2009
Holy poo poo man I know you hate Fire Emblem but you're literally a broken record at this point.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

neither of these things were the point you blithering loving moron

i don't loving care that you didn't like fire emblem, goddamn.

And you didn't like a game for X reason. Oh no autoscroller not a great speedrun. At least it didn't waste 3 hours of stream time.

Fire emblem.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

I really hope a quick $300 comes in for the Morrowind bonus run, that looks cool as hell.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Can somebody please explain to me kill/save the animals?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
How many chest bursters can one man have?

e: oh it's a woman whoops

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was watching the guy practice his Morrowind run on Twitch back before Christmas. It was pretty drat crazy and should be a good run.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

jon joe posted:

Can somebody please explain to me kill/save the animals?

It's a super metroid thing. Killing the animals is faster but people go all boo hoo my virtual animals. So a bunch of bleeding heart people donate to save the animals.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Gibbo posted:

And you didn't like a game for X reason. Oh no autoscroller not a great speedrun. At least it didn't waste 3 hours of stream time.

I don't think you understand that "I didn't like thing" is usually not a cue to jump in and start incessantly chanting "well it was better than this other thing that I've been bitching about for the past gently caress knows how many pages nonstop but has no relevance to the thing currently being talked about" which by the way holy poo poo the loving irony of your own post really is lost on you isn't it.

and my post wasn't even just straightforward disapproval, I said that I didn't get speedrunning it because it seemed like mostly auto scroller, like did I miss something there? Was he doing anything to expedite the stages progress or is he just confined to the stage scroll because it didn't look like he could do much to actually speed most of the game up.

you really are just looking for any excuse to bang on about how much you hated the fire emblem run which is bafflingly pathetic, gently caress off dude.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You have to admire the level of not giving a poo poo about trademarks going on here.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

I don't think you understand that "I didn't like thing" is usually not a cue to jump in and start incessantly chanting "well it was better than this other thing that I've been bitching about for the past gently caress knows how many pages nonstop but has no relevance to the thing currently being talked about" which by the way holy poo poo the loving irony of your own post really is lost on you isn't it.

and my post wasn't even just straightforward disapproval, I said that I didn't get speedrunning it because it seemed like mostly auto scroller, like did I miss something there? Was he doing anything to expedite the stages progress or is he just confined to the stage scroll because it didn't look like he could do much to actually speed most of the game up.

you really are just looking for any excuse to bang on about how much you hated the fire emblem run which is bafflingly pathetic, gently caress off dude.

The other guy's a dumbass but Jesus, calm down, you're getting near Doctorwhat levels of mad.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
This is even less speedy runny than the first one holy cow.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What if instead of 3 hours of Fire Emblem they did 3 hours of Morrowind?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Swan Curry posted:

The other guy's a dumbass but Jesus, calm down, you're getting near Doctorwhat levels of mad.

yeah but I'm right so gently caress that guy

on the matter of the actual game did the guy say why he was doing the secret levels?

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

What if instead of three hours of Fire Emblem they stop posting about it?

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Morrowind then Rogue Legacy, I'm really excited

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I want a fullplay of FFX13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014