Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Terces posted:

I don't know why, but that's loving hilarious to me. Also,

:wtc:

Moody teenage angst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hajj Podge posted:

Moody teenage angst.

You just don't understand them. :colbert:

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Well I didn't think it was possible goons but it turns out it is.

I've found the worst thread on the RSoF

They just come out of the woodwork goons, I mean I knew the community was bad but I never knew it was this bad...Just look at there names, it took me a few posts to figure out what was going on.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Pizza Lady it has been a solid month or two since you "cleaned" my bank, and I still can't find any of my useful stuff and spend more time waiting at the GE for things I need to buy than I do actually doing what I needed said things for.

Do not let her touch your bank. You can't find anything and will never have any convenience left in your gaming experience ever again. She boxed my cannon and sold all of my spirit shards. 4-dosing all of my potions didn't help it made me have to undo it so I can make overloads. Whyyyyyyyyy

Organize Not Purge!

Still love you though. Sort of.

Professor Oak fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 6, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Professor Oak posted:

Pizza Lady it has been a solid month or two since you "cleaned" my bank, and I still can't find any of my useful stuff and spend more time waiting at the GE for things I need to buy than I do actually doing what I needed said things for.

Do not let her touch your bank. You can't find anything and will never have any convenience left in your gaming experience ever again. She boxed my cannon and sold all of my spirit shards. 4-dosing all of my potions didn't help it made me have to undo it so I can make overloads. Whyyyyyyyyy

Organize Not Purge!

Boxing the cannon I get, but selling shards and 4-dosing the pots? :confused: I mean, most mixes need 3-dose, right?

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Boxing the cannon I get, but selling shards and 4-dosing the pots? :confused: I mean, most mixes need 3-dose, right?

Shards are bought at the same sell price, but the limit is annoying especially when you have like a bunch and can't rebuy because of the limit.

Also stop living in the dark ages 4 dose everything

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Convince me this man is not doing terrible things to these sheep. That is clearly lust in his eyes.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Professor Oak posted:

Organize Not Purge!

Still love you though. Sort of.

If anything could be stored at Diango or your POH, it was done. There's no point in keeping all those spirit shards since you can buy/sell them in massive amounts with no GP loss, and 4 dose potions with 6 dose flasks all the way is cleaner than 1 dose, 2 dose, 3 dose, 4 dose potions and 1 dose, 2 dose, 3 dose, 4 dose, 5 dose and 6 dose flasks. As far as I recall, you didn't tell me to keep your potions at 3 dose. SSJGokuWeed, now Actuary specified that I keep his overload ingredients at 3 dose, and so I did that.

I even left your tab 0 the way you asked it, and it still drives me nuts to look at - you said it had all your vital stuff so how is it you still can't find anything?

For reminder's sake here is the before and after of your bank:

Before:
- Grimy herbs not together with other herbs and scattered in other tabs
- Dominion tower items mixed in with skilling urns
- Weapons and teleport items scattered in different tabs
- Pyramid plunder items mixed with melee weapons and armour
- Useless quest items and cosmetics scattered throughout different tabs
- Zaros shards that could've been placed at the Sanctum taking up bank space
- 99 shards taking up extra space when a skill shard bag could free up 4
- Divine locations and items obtained from it mixed up with old treasure hunter dubloons and 1 and 2 dose flasks
- Chronicle and elder fragments that could be turned in for XP
- Auras - auras everywhere
- 99 Capes and hoods scattered and not set next to each other based on their skill

After:
- Weapons and armour all put together in their own tabs, going by melee, magic, ranged, hybrid, other
- All the stuff you wanted in your main tab is now together and sorted based on level needed to make/use, so random herbs, potions, logs, gems, etc. aren't all over the place
- Jewelry and various dungeoneering items in their own tab
- Useless :effort: cosmetics and Dominion Tower goods put in their own tab, unlikely to be ever used again

Conclusion:
- Goons are messy nerds :colbert:

gently caress you Jagex, gently caress you.

Remember Pizza Pirate's ironic Pubbie Special?

Here it is, unironically. Reminder this is the 200m mining exp guy, and you can see below he gets mad at someone for mining 'his' Seren rock.

Swicky was complaining about a lovely pubbie who crashed him at Ascension Dungeon, and this is part of the brain cell murdering poo poo the pubbie was spraying while rapidly clicking everywhere. I'm irreversably dumber now as a result of this, and Swick even ditched Sir Poopsock and Agrippa, who came to help crash, leaving us numb and dumb. :mad: Funnily enough, the pubbie stopped being a dipshit after everyone but me left, and then another two pubbies crashed him - so he left.

Jagex works so hard at bot banning that this green dragon bot gently caress has 90 Ranged just from green dragon botting. Are they even trying at this point?

e:

Themata fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 7, 2015

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
Just finished cleaning out and organizing my bank, guys! What do you think?

e: skills for the PRYING EYES of """Pizza Man"""

Cabbage Disrespect fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 7, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:eyepop:

Today's lesson: Don't gently caress with Kari when it comes to banks and bank etiquette.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Mr. Showtime posted:

Just finished cleaning out and organizing my bank, guys! What do you think?

I've seen worse

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
So what's the deal with the clock thing anyway. I can't move it and it seems to show random times.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The clock is set to runescape standard time and I would guess it can be moved in edit mode. Haven't messed with it yet.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Here are my recommended Combat Ability setups, as well as hot keys to use. I use my mouse on my right and keys on the left, so this is set up to use any ability quickly and easy with my left.

Magic

I like to let magic build up so I can do the Rave Party (E) and Self Choke (F) thresholds. I Goon Breath (V) if it won't hit undesirable targets. For me, it's one of the more AFKable skills.

Ranged

Ranged is similar to magic. I do the Double Trouble (E) and Triple Trouble (F) thresholds as much as possible, along with Bombardment (V) which has a chance of hitting lots of targets. Skeletor (R) is good if you'll be standing in place because it makes your thresholds extra powerful.

Melee (2 Handed)

This is my Saradomin Godsword setup. I have a prayer breaking ability (2) inbetween the two basics (1) (3), because otherwise those two would loop forever and ever. Melee is the only skill that can do this. I like to do the Tazmanian Tornado (5) or Ground Pound (R) if there's multiple enemies, otherwise I use Hammer Time (F) to beat a foe into submission. Cat Scratch (V) is good for causing bleeding damage while using other attacks.

Melee (1 Handed)

This is my Drygore setup. This takes a lot more concentrated investment than the other ability bars and I use it only for bosses. I have the prayer breaker and basics as usual, and the Magician Tricks (5) is good when surrounded by the boss and foes. Destroy (R) is usually linked with Cat Scratch (V) because how many times you hit and at what frequency seems to vary. The best thing to do with thresholds is to chain it quickly as possible. When doing thresholds, you can set off a fast hitting move like Cat Scratch (V) or Sacrifice (6) right before the last blow hits to shave a few seconds off, increasing your DPS. For example, when I fight a God Wars boss, I like to do Magician Tricks (5), Cat Scratch (V), Destroy (R) then Sacrifice (6) because it alternates between fast hit, threshold, fast hit, threshold.

There's also a Fisting ability that can replace the prayer breaker (2) that you punch in to gain adrenaline between thresholds. It ensures constant DPS.

Hope this helps anybody looking for good combo bars!

You'll also notice I have a few constants, such as Shark Eat (Q) which is set universally to ensure I heal quick as needed, Neck Crick (G) for adrenaline build and damage reduction, William Wallace (X) for adrenaline maintence/binding freeing, and one extra slot that I fill with different things depending. I wish there were two more keybind spots to be honest.

Themata fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 7, 2015

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Thanks! I like that you've got Money Potion on all of em. And that Destroy is too cool to need a clever name.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Yes, i win. I WIN.

yesssssssss

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Yes, i win. I WIN.

yesssssssss

What do you call it when you're caught napping on the job while afking Firemaking?
Firesleeping!

What do you call it when you choose to train Theiving on a plugged in laptop?
Picksocket!

What do you call it when you play the latest Sid Meier game while training 'old school skill for new school rewards'?
Civination!

Also:
Did you enjoy the story of Bungh0? Here is the sequel adventure, in Mungh0 Bungh0 G0es V0gue!

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

Themata posted:

What do you call it when you're caught napping on the job while afking Firemaking?
Firesleeping!

This one wasn't very good. Are you okay? Is something Themata?

In other news, I am now prepared:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mr. Showtime posted:

:catstare:

This post started so good too...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mr. Showtime posted:

Cue piped-in boo's from the back.

Also, as I'm without any good internet, I might have to keep off RS for a few days. Thank you, Time Warner. In that span, would it be alright to ask for a quick bank clean? Because I don't want my duder to not poopsock miss out on some cool poo poo, including possibly the house parties.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Hehehehe

Edit:

What the gently caress is wrong with people in this game

Swicky fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 8, 2015

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Themata posted:

Also:
Did you enjoy the story of Bungh0? Here is the sequel adventure, in Mungh0 Bungh0 G0es V0gue!

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Mr. Showtime posted:

Ugh, that is disgusting.

You bought something from Acer.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Themata posted:

Also:

Mien Gott.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Mr. Showtime posted:

Everyone should be cool like Mr. Showtime.

Latest Treasure Hunter promo:

quote:

Open Treasure Hunter chests from 09th January 2015 00:00 GMT to 19th January 2015 23:59 GMT and you could grab one of the new Alchemist’s Amulets!

Pick up the new fragments on Treasure Hunter and once you’ve collected 10 you’ll be able to combine them into an Alchemist’s Amulet. Upon combining them, you’ll receive a lump sum of cash straight in your pocket – and you’ll then be able to use the amulet daily for another pile of gold!

But that’s not all – you’ll also have a chance to win the previous amulet that was available before. Combine the old amulet with the new one you create during this promotion for an upgraded version, including all amulet benefits: the 20 high alchemy charges, Grand Exchange teleport options and the cash bag per day too!

Are you feeling lucky? Each time you use the amulet to get your daily cash bag, you have a chance of the amulet rewarding you with 1 million gold instead!

All regular accounts get at least one Key per day, and RuneScape members get two! You can earn more through gameplay – just visit the wiki to find out how, and to learn more about Treasure Hunter itself.

Head to our billing page to buy more Keys, redeem Bonds in-game, or simply click ‘Buy Keys’ when you’re in Treasure Hunter.

The RuneScape Team

Pay2win.txt

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
Behold:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Wow that new Treasure Hunter promo is legitimately awful. :wtc:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I have a stinking feeling that 2015 is the year Jagex goes full blown Maple Story with TH and then wonders why everyone stops playing in favor of picking up literally any other game

edit:

All leddit posts calling out this new shtity promo are getting hidden. I wonder if leddit becoming a "official fansite" has anything to do with it?

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 9, 2015

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Magres posted:

Wow that new promo is legitimately awful. :wtc:

runescape.txt

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Magres posted:

Wow that new Treasure Hunter promo is legitimately awful. :wtc:

I don't get it, it sounds a lot like how last year's alchemist amulet promo worked?Or maybe that was 2013. Either way.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

widespread posted:

Cue piped-in boo's from the back.

Also, as I'm without any good internet, I might have to keep off RS for a few days. Thank you, Time Warner. In that span, would it be alright to ask for a quick bank clean? Because I don't want my duder to not poopsock miss out on some cool poo poo, including possibly the house parties.

I missed this before, but I'm totally up for it. Just shoot me a pm through the forums. :)

Nintendo Kid posted:

I don't get it, it sounds a lot like how last year's alchemist amulet promo worked?Or maybe that was 2013. Either way.

It's the addition of the free cash bag with a chance of it being 1 mil daily that's :wtc: The old amulet doesn't have that feature.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Themata posted:

I missed this before, but I'm totally up for it. Just shoot me a pm through the forums. :)
Sent a PM with sensitive poo poo. Take a guess what the sensitive poo poo is

Themata posted:

It's the addition of the free cash bag with a chance of it being 1 mil daily that's :wtc: The old amulet doesn't have that feature.
Sounds like you can buy bonds, then make the costs back for more bonds. But still, bonds should not be used for keys, I reckon.

EDIT: gently caress me, my internet was... uh... magically fixed. So yeah, change "any time" to "probably tomorrow sometime"? Yeah.

widespread fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 9, 2015

joachim783
May 9, 2013
they didn't say this in the news post but it only has 100 charges http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Luminous_alchemist%27s_amulet

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

joachim783 posted:

they didn't say this in the news post but it only has 100 charges http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Luminous_alchemist%27s_amulet

It might decrease their :profits:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Doing well on my goal for Plauges End

:colbert:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Here's the other easy way to do wave 36 in Kiln, without using an invincibility crystal. Stand on the north side of the middle rock and wait for them to close in like this. Then go one step to the east and kill one Jad like you killed all the others, and then kill the other one.

I think wave 35 is much harder because the Jad there spawns in different place and always catches me off guard.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Please don't post actual pictures of me.

Decent elite clue

You've seen what happens when two punsters, the amazing Pizza Lady and Hawt Jon get together and start making puns... but what happens when we get several others all going at it too?

It's no Mistery that it becomes Showtime, and that some people can't Camli handle it. From dawn to Tusk, we will all Act 2gether and bring the world joy.

Hankering for some OSRS fun, I checked in on what exciting things were happening!

Oh. So this is how they train magic these days.

Another Crystal impling? Yesssss. A pubbie was so busy mining a coal spot he didn't even get the chance to grab it. That makes 19!

:catstare: How in God's name did Hedonquir amass so much junk in such a short time?

:jerkbag:

Then 9 minutes later, a pubbie requested he turn privacy off:

How divine!

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Themata posted:

Hankering for some OSRS fun, I checked in on what exciting things were happening!

We just got a new solo boss yesterday on OSRS, the snake-god of the Poison Wastes, Zul-rah. Release preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69CrNcVa7TY

The fight plays out similarly to the QBD on RS3, with unique drops including a best-in-slot melee helm, staff-modifiers for the best-in-slot staves, and a blowpipe that consumes darts as ammunition. All of the new equipment gives a chance of inflicting a new poison that ramps up from 6-20 damage per poison tick.

The blowpipe adds +60 accuracy and +40 strength to the base stats of the darts loaded into it and fires at dart-speed on rapid. As a result, it's hilariously broken for PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQa6dwChrO4&t=60s

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Here's a terrible bank album for you all to look at. It's probably never going to be more organized than it is.

http://imgur.com/a/ILiD2