Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Nolgthorn posted:

Can anyone tell me where toadette lives I'd like to stalk her and I don't think toad is going to do anything about it.

that's disgusting. Think about what comes out of your mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

Can anyone tell me where toadette lives I'd like to stalk her and I don't think toad is going to do anything about it.
I think the mushroom kingdom is right next to gensoukyo, I can show you how to build a portal there if you like but you'll have to figure out how to get to Toadette's place on your own from there.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Before you mess with Captain Toad, ask yourself: What do I treasure?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

elf help book posted:

Before you mess with Captain Toad, ask yourself: What do I treasure?

adventure

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
What can change the nature of a Toad?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

but how do I get back to... tokyo?

Neo Rasa posted:

power

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Is that my answer?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:yikes:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Y'all are loving up the cute.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Treasure tracker is what I was looking forward to, now that I have it all that I care about is Splatoon.. give me that sweet ink.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Nolgthorn posted:

Treasure tracker is what I was looking forward to, now that I have it all that I care about is Splatoon.. give me that sweet ink.

Kirby.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Nolgthorn posted:

You say this like Toadette wouldn't wreck your poo poo herself, be honest now

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Neo Rasa posted:

What I wouldn't give for a Nordom amiibo.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

I'm more excited about woolly world. Kirby seems like it would be incredibly better as a handheld game rather than something on the tv. I can't imagine myself playing that any other way than on the gamepad looking at the gamepad, missing the wiimote and imagining myself not crying.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Carrasco posted:

What I wouldn't give for a Nordom amiibo.

Wii think, therefore wii am... Wii think.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Do Wii games work with the Wii U controllers or do I have to get a Wiimote Plus?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Original Wii games need a Wiimote. Can't use a Wii U Pro controller or gamepad with them. Wiimotes work with a lot of Wii U games.

Buy them refurbished from Nintendo's online store.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Nolgthorn posted:

This guys posts own.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So uh, I bought a Wii U during boxing week sales while really drunk and it arrived recently. I did basically zero research on this and haven't had a Nintendo console since the 64. I have a couple of questions...

1. Can I play games without a TV? Seems like the TV mirrors everything on the controller's screen anyway.

2. How does the 'gamecasting' work? Does it transmit the video output on the controller through my wifi or does the Wii U have its own signal? I assume it's not possible to use the Wii U controller without being near the console, right? Like some kind more awkward to carry 3DS

3. Finally, can someone recommend me some good co-op Wii and Gamecube games I might have missed out on? Preferably ones I can just buy through the online store.

Thanks!

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 7, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Away all Goats posted:

So uh, I bought a Wii U during boxing week sales while really drunk and it arrived recently. I did basically zero research on this and haven't had a Nintendo console since the 64. I have a couple of questions...

1. Can I play games without a TV? Seems like the TV mirrors everything on the controller's screen anyway.

2. How does the 'gamecasting' work? Does it transmit the video output on the controller through my wifi or does the Wii U have its own signal? I assume it's not possible to use the Wii U controller without being near the console, right? Like some kind more awkward to carry 3DS

3. Finally, can someone recommend me some good co-op Wii and Gamecube games I might have missed out on? Preferably ones I can just buy through the online store.

Thanks!

1. Most games yes, some games no because they use the gamepad screen for gameplay stuff.

2. The WiiU's own signal and no.

3. There aren't any Wii or Gamecube games on the online store. The only gamecube game on the WiiU eShop, technically, is Wind Waker HD because it got a remake. The WiiU's full compatible with Wii discs, though you'll need a Wiimote and Nunchuck to even access Wii Mode.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Away all Goats posted:

Thanks!

1. Many games, yes, but not all.

2. The console broadcasts a wifi signal to the gamepad for the video (and bluetooth for the controls), but not through your router/internet connection. I don't know the official range, but it's at least 12 feet, maybe more if there's nothing blocking the path.

3. Nop too lazy to think about it right now sorry.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The tablet range seems vary from 6 to 24 feet. Any other electronics aroubd and walls make a massive difference compared to my other wireless stuff.

For coop on the eShop check out Super Mario 3D World. Does Captain Toad count? One can play while another does backseat puzzle solving.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 7, 2015

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:
Got a Wii U of my own after using someone else's for a while. I know I have to call Nintendo to transfer just one NNID from a console with multiple NNIDs to a new console, is there a guide somewhere so I know what to have on hand (passwords and such) and a rough estimate of how long it will take (in USA if it matters)? I don't really care about saved games or purchases from the eShop, is there another option? I have access to both consoles.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Neo Rasa posted:

The tablet range seems vary from 6 to 24 feet. Any other electronics aroubd and walls make a massive difference compared to my other wireless stuff.

For coop on the eShop check out Super Mario 3D World. Does Captain Toad count? One can play while another does backseat puzzle solving.

There's a small wall directly between my WiiU and my bed and the tablet can't be assed to bridge the 8 feet or so between the two, even when the door is open. I don't know anything about the technology used but in terms of signal the gamepad is effectively a controller and not a tablet. It really doesn't take much to lose the signal.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The tablet gives up if the latency crosses a certain very-low threshold, even if it could theoretically go farther.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
For anyone in the UK, shop.to are selling Nintendoland for just £5 as part of their January sale.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Bayonetta 2 is just so much more ridiculous and over the top than the first game and it's absolutely amazing and I'm just four chapters in :allears:

Pretty much the game I bought the system for and I believe I made the right decision.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

There's a small wall directly between my WiiU and my bed and the tablet can't be assed to bridge the 8 feet or so between the two, even when the door is open. I don't know anything about the technology used but in terms of signal the gamepad is effectively a controller and not a tablet. It really doesn't take much to lose the signal.

Mine works through about 16 feet and 2 walls in a similar setup, seems pretty circumstantial to your house materials/other signal traffic/etc.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
For contrast, my bed is one wall and 10 feet from the wii and it won't work at all, since apparently the walls here are made of lead :(

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Whilst I can do it from the other side of the wall behind the Wii U, in the dining room, but cannot successfully play whilst on the other side of a bookcase beside it. I pull it a bit forward so it can be seen past said bookcase, and suddenly the range extends right into the middle of the hallway.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I've been able to take my gamepad into my bedroom and play my Wii U in bed and closed the door and it works fine through the wall, although it does hiccup occasionally. The living room TV is on the opposite side of the wall as my bedroom though so I'm not going very far.

I've tried to be a mega goon and take the gamepad into the bathroom and play Mario while I take a dump but nope it's just too far away.
:goonsay:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Gammatron 64 posted:

I've tried to be a mega goon and take the gamepad into the bathroom and play Mario while I take a dump but nope it's just too far away.
:goonsay:
That's what the 3DS is for, chump.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Booted up the 3DS version of Smash for the first time in many months and was saddened to realize that the stages are generally a lot better. Corneria-chan... :(

edit: Whoops thought this was the Smash thread

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

irlZaphod posted:

Look at this guy not willing to rearrange furniture for precious Wii U dumps. :smug:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

irlZaphod posted:

You don't know what you're missing man. Luigi fighting Koopa while you poop is where it's at.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Polo-Rican posted:

Booted up the 3DS version of Smash for the first time in many months and was saddened to realize that the stages are generally a lot better. Corneria-chan... :(

Smash Run is way better than the awful party mode in the Wii U version, too. The 3DS version would honestly be better if it weren't for the fact that it's on a handheld and not a console. Big drunken smash bros fights aren't quite the same when you're all huddled around little 3DSes and not on a couch looking at the TV.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Adventures in 3d World's Miiverse.

Found a helpful Mii in world 5 that wrote "Everyone assumes Toad wears a diaper. I think its pants considering he doesn't have legs."

This is the first primarily single player game where internet integration hasn't made me want to punch the developers in the dick.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Polo-Rican posted:

Gammatron 64 posted:

Smash Run is way better than the awful party mode in the Wii U version, too. The 3DS version would honestly be better if it weren't for the fact that it's on a handheld and not a console. Big drunken smash bros fights aren't quite the same when you're all huddled around little 3DSes and not on a couch looking at the TV.

I find that there's nothing one version really has as an advantage over the other that the other can't equalize with an advantage they have, except for your preferences.

I like the 3DS version better by the way.

And for this to not be completely out of topic, I just got Captain Toad and Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta. All set for the rest of winter (and spring perhaps)! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Rudoku posted:

You don't know what you're missing man. Luigi fighting Koopa while you poop is where it's at.

Poopa Troopa

• Locked thread