Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

bobvonunheil posted:

The game itself may be good (I haven't played it), but it sure as hell doesn't pass the 'Would I feel comfortable playing this in public' test.

See: The game's base currency cards.

Tendales posted:

There's actually an officially licensed Touhou port of Dominion. At least when it came out, it was the only licensed reskin of Dominion, and also the only licensed boardgame of Touhou. No one knows exactly why it exists.

This is what happens when your game divorces mechanics from theme. Please design responsibly.

e: Assault on Doomrock looks awesome, please tell me what the catch is and why I shouldn't buy it. PS. I already own Mage Knight, how does it compare to that?

Rexides fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Zveroboy posted:

Situation: Red and Blue have built roads than converge on an open building space. Red builds a Settlement. Can Blue then build a road on the other side of Red's settlement, or does the Red settlement effectively end the Blue road?

You can build a road through a settlement.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Zveroboy posted:

Edit: Speaking of Catan, I played it last night and something came up which I wasn't sure about.

Situation: Red and Blue have built roads than converge on an open building space. Red builds a Settlement. Can Blue then build a road on the other side of Red's settlement, or does the Red settlement effectively end the Blue road?

Aston posted:

You can build a road through a settlement.

That's wrong, Red would have blocked Blue from building in that instance. You can only connect to your own roads, settlements, or cities.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

bobvonunheil posted:

The game itself may be good (I haven't played it), but it sure as hell doesn't pass the 'Would I feel comfortable playing this in public' test.

See: The game's base currency cards.

This is the reason my group refers to it as the Pedo Maid Game and endlessly mocks our weeaboo friend who owns it.

Re Dominion alt arts, there's also the Nitroplus version.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

malkav11 posted:

Having received the latest Sentinels expansion today, Wrath of the Cosmos, I'd just like to clear up a popular misconception: A number of people here seem to believe that Adam Rebottaro, the artist for Greater Than Games, is incompetent and his (supposedly) lovely art is because he is not capable of doing better. (Personally, I like the art in Sentinels and think it's perfectly appropriate for the subject matter, but YMMV.) However, this expansion contains an environment deck called the Enclave of the Endlings and the art on this deck, still by Rebottaro, is as far as I can tell a spot-on emulation of Jack Kirby's art on various cosmic Marvel titles. So the style he normally uses on their games is clearly a deliberate choice.

Rebottaro has obviously improved his technique over time, but the only thing the art for Sentinels and its expansions emulates is deviantart faux-anime scribbled on some 13-year old's school notebook.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of his style but I figured it was a deliberate 90's kind of thing like Joe Madureira. I also don't think his pencils are colored the way modern comics are. Not my thing but I don't think it's due to lack of talent, more a matter of taste. His art looks more like super hero saturday morning cartoons than superhero comics.

:psyduck: Did you grow up watching saturday morning cartoons made in a former soviet country or something?

For your collective comparison pleasure:

90s saturday morning cartoon, Spiderman (1994):

Joe Madureira

Jack Kirby:

Old Rebottaro:

Recent Rebottaro:

I'm not saying it's necessarily fair to compare card game art to prolific comic book artists or even cartoon studios that have comparatively large budgets and staffs, but when you're actively inviting these comparisons I'm more than happy to point out the obvious: Rebottaro does not come out looking good compared to any of them. A more fair comparison would be other indie board game developers, but Rebottaro doesn't compare favorably to many of those either.

John Ariosa for Summoner Wars, Plaid Hat Games

Can't find artist credits for this one, but it's for Heroes Wanted. Imagine that, a comedic superhero game where you mash two cards together randomly to create your character STILL has better art than Sentinels

Scyther fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 7, 2015

QnoisX
Jul 20, 2007

It'll be like a real doll that moves around and talks and stuff!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Also, Legendary Encounters guy, we're getting that too so I'll report back when I finally play it.

Cool, thanks. I'm not in a big hurry to order it since Coolstuff is currently out of stock and my board game group won't meet again for a few weeks probably.

Btw, is anyone going to PAX South? Would be neat to maybe get together and play some game around then.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

bobvonunheil posted:

Cribbage is boss. Cribbage goons represent.

There is a variant of cribbage where you play cards one at a time in a 5x5 grid, and one player scores 5-card Cribbage hands vertically while the other scores them horizontally. It's a great game you can play with a standard deck of cards.

(edit: rules for this variant are here. It helps to know what cribbage hands are the 'best' - the highest scoring cribbage hands are the likes of 5-5-5-5-10, 6-7-7-8-8, etc)

Reppin' strong. And this variant sounds awesome. I also want to try this out - http://www.kingscrib.com/

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If I just got Battlestar Galactica, would I be missing out on a lot by not getting the expansions? I'm going to see some friends who love traitor games next month and want to get the most out of it.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Scyther posted:

Rebottaro has obviously improved his technique over time, but the only thing the art for Sentinels and its expansions emulates is deviantart faux-anime scribbled on some 13-year old's school notebook.

There aren't any images up that I can link, but I assure you that the Enclave of the Endlings is pure Kirby.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Scyther posted:

:psyduck: Did you grow up watching saturday morning cartoons made in a former soviet country or something?

For your collective comparison pleasure:

90s saturday morning cartoon, Spiderman (1994):

Joe Madureira

Jack Kirby:

Old Rebottaro:

Recent Rebottaro:

I'm not saying it's necessarily fair to compare card game art to prolific comic book artists or even cartoon studios that have comparatively large budgets and staffs, but when you're actively inviting these comparisons I'm more than happy to point out the obvious: Rebottaro does not come out looking good compared to any of them. A more fair comparison would be other indie board game developers, but Rebottaro doesn't compare favorably to many of those either.

John Ariosa for Summoner Wars, Plaid Hat Games

Can't find artist credits for this one, but it's for Heroes Wanted. Imagine that, a comedic superhero game where you mash two cards together randomly to create your character STILL has better art than Sentinels

This is more of what I had in mind:

Stylized 90's Corny Joe Mad art

Some Ugly Cartoon Thing:

Another Ugly Cartoon a Thing:

Poor Storm and Beast :(

Anyways, the point I was trying to make was Sentinel guy's stuff looks more cartoonish with exaggerated features and less like any particular printed comic book era. And I think he does that style worse than the stuff linked above. He has a webcomic thing going on with the faces, and the recent coloring has gone crazy with the gradients.

I didn't mention the Kirby comparison and haven't seen any of that yet

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TheKingslayer posted:

If I just got Battlestar Galactica, would I be missing out on a lot by not getting the expansions? I'm going to see some friends who love traitor games next month and want to get the most out of it.

The expansions add a lot to the game, but they also change it in major ways sometimes.

I think Pegasus didn't change the game much- it just adds a bunch of cards and another side ship. It also adds the Cylon Leader character type. There can only be one of those per game, and they win the game under their own secret conditions, independent of the humans and normal Cylons. The basic gameplay pattern doesn't change a whole lot from the base game- you just get more options.

Daybreak, for my group, changed the game significantly. It alters the way Treachery Skill cards work by giving them all a "Skill Check" effect that gets resolved whenever the card is counted up during a skill check. Some other skill types have this, too, but the Treachery ones really change how the game plays by frequently spiking players' hands with additional treachery cards, and a new type of card called Mutiny Cards, which you play as an Action the way you might use Quorums as the president. The treachery cards rapidly proliferating makes it hard to win skill checks without side effects, and the mutiny cards have unpredictable effects that resemble "once per game" powers in scope.

I consulted the FAQ while I wrote this, and learned that my group played Daybreak wrong last week. The FAQ states that the treachery card, "Violent Outburst", which moves the current player to Sickbay, cannot be used to break them out of the Brig. However, we were doing this constantly, and it became necessary at one point because I (the Cylon Leader version of Boomer) was the only player not in the Brig. I think the expansion would have been less fun if we hadn't been able to break people out with that Treachery card, but that is a house rule so YMMV.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

This is the reason my group refers to it as the Pedo Maid Game and endlessly mocks our weeaboo friend who owns it.

Re Dominion alt arts, there's also the Nitroplus version.

There are also official Etrian Odyssey and Nippon Ichi reskins out there lol, and maybe another one I'm forgetting.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

This is more of what I had in mind:

Stylized 90's Corny Joe Mad art

Some Ugly Cartoon Thing:

Another Ugly Cartoon a Thing:

Poor Storm and Beast :(

Anyways, the point I was trying to make was Sentinel guy's stuff looks more cartoonish with exaggerated features and less like any particular printed comic book era. And I think he does that style worse than the stuff linked above. He has a webcomic thing going on with the faces, and the recent coloring has gone crazy with the gradients.

I didn't mention the Kirby comparison and haven't seen any of that yet

Well you're definitely right that he does the style worse than those examples, but I still don't think his bad shading, shapeless anime blobfaces, tenuous grasp on anatomy, or anything else about his artistic incompetence is a stylistic choice no matter how you spin it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've never heard of Heroes Wanted. Is it any good?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

I've never heard of Heroes Wanted. Is it any good?

My group has mixed reviews, I'm in the "like it" camp. It's a hand management, turn optimization game and a lot of people just don't grock it. You pretty much set up for a killer turn and hope to do a bunch of cool stuff based on board placement and what's in your hand. The people who don't like it are the ones who can't see a few turns ahead to a changed boardstate.

It's definitely a try before you buy game.

Me in earlier thread posted:

The game is very simple, but I consider it a strength. After playing it I described it as River City Ransom the game. The beauty of the game comes from trying to milk as many points as possible a turn. This involves proper zoning of yourself/bad guys, where the 1st player is, what is in your hand vs in your discard, what to block with on subsequent turns, making points with headlines, and more. Beating the boss isn't even the most efficient way to earn points every time.

As far as your concern about quirks, they are optional. Even if you don't want to use them as a way to lose points, I think they add a lot to the game. For instance I was DinoHawk with the creepy quirk. Every time someone had an active card with the same value I had to touch them and say "Hi, I'm DinoHawk" as creepily as possible. So you get fun situations where since I'm a dinosaur I have stubby arms and have to get up from the chair to go caress people in the middle of the game. It is just a fun mechanic that is easy to implement and doesn't take away from anything. As far as balance of quirks, yes, some are harder to accomplish or remember than others, but whatever. In our game nobody missed a cue because you always wanted to do your quirk.

Full disclosure: I am casual friends with the designer Travis Chance, knowing him from my local Netrunner scene. Knowing that, I would have liked the game anyway because it is well-designed while being goofy as gently caress.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Scyther posted:

Well you're definitely right that he does the style worse than those examples, but I still don't think his bad shading, shapeless anime blobfaces, tenuous grasp on anatomy, or anything else about his artistic incompetence is a stylistic choice no matter how you spin it.

Yeah, I think I would agree that his art is amateurish and that's not deliberate, so I concede that. But, I think he references common cartoon caricature styled art rather than actual superhero comic art which makes it even worse! There are people out there that like this kind of stuff though (not me).

There is an occasionally neat looking card though:

This guy's face at least looks like a Kirby caricature. Draw everyone like that, minus the muscles. Even the women. Especially the women.

I wonder how much it would cost to hire an actual Kirby imitator like Tom Scioli to do the card art:
I would buy the poo poo out of Godlands Sentinels of the Multiverse.

It can't be that expensive given the comic industry; it's like $100-$400 per page of art for a 22 page book with most being on the low end of the spectrum. But I realize Sentinels probably started even more meagerly than the average indie comic and the artist probably their buddy or a designer or something.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I wonder how much it would cost to hire an actual Kirby imitator like Tom Scioli to do the card art

Hiring an actual competent artist would go against the intentional decision of having atrocious artwork for Sentinels, though, so why would they do that?

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

For what it's worth I would much rather they hired an actual competent game designer :haw:

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

malkav11 posted:

Descent is unbalanced and kind of swingy with too much reliance on dice (seriously, defense shouldn't be a roll...and wasn't, in 1st edition), but if you can find someone who actually enjoys the Overlord role, which is completely different from and IMHO far less satisfying than the heroes, it's not terrible, no.

Thread moves fast. I realy like Descent as well, but it is very swingy and the rules could be better written. I like being OL or heroes.

Here's a link to a description that I think sums up the game well and why some people will or will not like it: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1297096/ol-role-easier-heroes-role (the second post)

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Dude just ripped off his own nipple and is pensively inspecting it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheKingslayer posted:

I think the game is better if you use about half of Pegasus, but it's not strictly necessary. However, I would definitely grab a pdf of the Pegasus rules since I think it has some important errata. I dunno, I think it would be important to play the base game at least a few times before adding an expansion though, there are a lot of moving parts.

I bought Maria finally and I can't help but feel like I'm hitting the hard stuff now. Anything I should know before I play? I expect to get it to the table once in the next ten years, so I want to be ready.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Somberbrero posted:

I bought Maria finally and I can't help but feel like I'm hitting the hard stuff now. Anything I should know before I play? I expect to get it to the table once in the next ten years, so I want to be ready.
To play Maria well, you have to learn how to lose :v:

echoMateria
Aug 29, 2012

Fruitbat Factory

QnoisX posted:

So is Legendary Encounters worth it? I was checking it out and it seems pretty neat. But since it's a deck builder, card sleeves are pretty much required. Even the reviews say as much. Is it worth around $85 for the game and sleeves? I've played Legendary, but do not own it. The option to mix the two together for added replay isn't really an option. Unless I bought Legendary as well. I doubt I'll be buying Legendary though. While it's not a bad game, I just don't feel like a superhero fighting villains. I much prefer Sentinels for that, even if the art isn't as pretty. Although, at least the art isn't repeated over and over and over. That was another issue I had with Legendary. They have decades of art to pull from and yet they repeat the same images. Other than that, it's pretty decent. I usually think of myself as a Shield agent directing a group of heroes to fight for me, considering you start with only Shield agents and work your way up. Actually that's why Fury is my pick when we're selecting decks.

Anyway, from what I've seen, the Alien theme meshes better in the Encounters game. You actually feel like the Aliens are after you. You also work as a team with cooperative actions, instead of just doing your own thing. Only thing stopping your teamwork is the hidden agendas and someone dying to a Facehugger and being an Alien player. Well..that or you all dying horribly. Either way, sounds like good times. Of course I haven't played it. So how far off am I? Is it really just terrible and all hype? Already asking around with my gaming group to see if they want to play it, but thought I'd ask here for hopefully opinions of people that have played it already. Thanks.

Me and my friend who bought it had high expectations (he has all Legendary stuff) and we liked it even more than expected. It is nowhere as solid as a deck builder as Dominion of course, but it is a tense co-op with a working deck builder system.

Even though we have all Legendary stuff, I wouldn't think of combining it with anything else. It is a personal preference really. Some might want to have Wolverine fighting against aliens, but we like keeping the game in a theme closer to the Alien movies rather than aim a comic book mash-up.

Rexides posted:

This is what happens when your game divorces mechanics from theme. Please design responsibly.

e: Assault on Doomrock looks awesome, please tell me what the catch is and why I shouldn't buy it. PS. I already own Mage Knight, how does it compare to that?

They are quite different. Assault on Doomrock feels like a much smaller card game when you compare. Mage Knight is more like Heroes of Might and Magic the boardgame, while Assault on Doomrock is like older, mostly text based RPGs. One is designed by Vlaada and published by an established toy publisher, the other is a self published game by a first time designer. So it is not as polished or high budget but it does things cleverly different and looks good enough visually to be a game that I'm glad that I own. Both has a very long play time though.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

echoMateria posted:

Both has a very long play time though.

BGG lists both of them as "150 minutes", which for Mage Knight actually meant ~5 hours for my group. Is the long play time a result from analysis paralysis, or due to a lot of things having to happen before the game is over?

I also read that AoD is in the same league as Ghost Stories in terms of difficulty, and would hate to spend a few hours just to lose over and over again (you lose faster in GS at least). On the other hand, the staged nature of the game (defeat three encounters) should give you a sense of accomplishment even if you didn't make it to the end, is that correct?

e:

Lorini posted:

I have had an epiphany!!! (I know you guys can't wait to hear this)

Since I'm committed to playing games being the journey and the winning taking a significant back seat to that I am now OK with hidden goals.

That is all.

:woop:

Maybe I also shouldn't worry about losing in AoD then!

Rexides fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 7, 2015

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Since I'm committed to playing games being the journey and the winning taking a significant back seat to that I am now OK with hidden goals.

That is all.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Somberbrero posted:

I think the game is better if you use about half of Pegasus, but it's not strictly necessary. However, I would definitely grab a pdf of the Pegasus rules since I think it has some important errata. I dunno, I think it would be important to play the base game at least a few times before adding an expansion though, there are a lot of moving parts.

I found the politics rules impenetrable, but here's how to do it:

1) Read out the two cards, note which power can bid on each.
2) The winner of the last battle chooses the suit to play in - only cards of that suit count (suit is randomly chosen before any battles have taken place).
3) The players put the cards down face down, they can bluff with cards not in the correct suit.
4) The cards are revealed, highest value wins and ties are broken from left to right (I.e. the power on the left will always win in a tie)
5) At this point, in order the winning powers will decide if they want to a) take a politics card or b) keep their investment in reserve.
IF take a card) they can choose to discard it, play any part of it, or play all of it.
IF keep in reserve) the card they kept in reserve remains on the board for their power. The value of that card can then be added to future politics cards at stage 4). The suit doesn't matter (I.e. If you had a 5 of Hearts in reserve and the suit was Spades, you could add the 5 of hearts to a three of spades for a total of 8), but you still need to play a card of the current suit to be able to add the reserve (so if the suit was spades you couldn't play a 3 of diamonds then add the 5 of hearts for a total of 5).
6) This continues until either a) both politics cards have been taken or b) there are no more players with cards of the suit. At this point either everyone who played a card that was not used takes their cards back, OR the unused cards remain on the board for the round (optional but recommended).

The rules for reserving/conserving power completely flummoxed me until I played it with people who knew the game.

Other stuff to look out for: when retreating, you cannot pass through ANY units, not even yours or your supply trains.

Never invest too heavily in one battle unless winning it will win you the game.

I've played twice, once as Prussia/Prags, once as France. I found in both cases that it is easy to focus too much on the Austria map and not enough on the France map, which is a mistake because games can easily be won and lost there. I won as the pragmatics because France was asleep at the wheel, and I almost won as France in the Netherlands (one turn away from winning), but was pipped by Prussia.

Edit:

Tekopo posted:

To play Maria well, you have to learn how to lose :v:

This too - nothing teaches you the art of tactical retreat better than this game.

Stumiester fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 7, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
How dependent on expansions is the 7 Wonders wonder pack? I had the chance to pick that up cheap, but haven't actually received it yet. Should be in today though, and I'm curious how many of the wonders I'll be able to use with just the base game.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

jivjov posted:

How dependent on expansions is the 7 Wonders wonder pack? I had the chance to pick that up cheap, but haven't actually received it yet. Should be in today though, and I'm curious how many of the wonders I'll be able to use with just the base game.

Do any of the wonders directly reference leader cards, black cards, or debt? If no, then you're probably safe. As far as I know, no new resource types or anything were added by expansions.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I believe 2 of the Wonder Pack's wonders are Leaders-dependent. Don't have it on hand to confirm though.

e: vvv Apparently only 1 of them!

Merauder fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 7, 2015

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

jivjov posted:

One of the wonders, Abu Simbel, requires Leaders, but you should get Leaders if you don't have it anyway :)

http://rprod.com/uploads/WONDERPACK_RULES_US.pdf

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lorini posted:

That is all.

I knew you'd come around. Now go! Go and play Troyes! It calls out to you, like a wronged, forgotten lover.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

jivjov posted:

Well, Abu Simbel needs leaders and I think the Great Wall expects Leaders and Cities. It has a dove, at least. Manikin Pis and Stonehenge should be fine?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Echophonic posted:

Well, Abu Simbel needs leaders and I think the Great Wall expects Leaders and Cities. It has a dove, at least. Manikin Pis and Stonehenge should be fine?

You can still use side A of Great Wall without any issues. And honestly, while side B uses expansion symbols there is nothing that you need from the actual expansions in order to run it (except an understanding of the rules). In a pinch you can use the negative military markers in place of debt tokens for stage 3.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

echoMateria posted:

Me and my friend who bought it had high expectations (he has all Legendary stuff) and we liked it even more than expected. It is nowhere as solid as a deck builder as Dominion of course, but it is a tense co-op with a working deck builder system.

Even though we have all Legendary stuff, I wouldn't think of combining it with anything else. It is a personal preference really. Some might want to have Wolverine fighting against aliens, but we like keeping the game in a theme closer to the Alien movies rather than aim a comic book mash-up.

It's basically Legendary Marvel, right? For me, Alien is Ripley running a lot, not Hicks blasting aliens with a shotgun. :(

Echophonic posted:

Manikin Pis and Stonehenge should be fine?

Sorry, are we talking about the little peeing boy in Brussels?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Guy A. Person posted:

You can still use side A of Great Wall without any issues. And honestly, while side B uses expansion symbols there is nothing that you need from the actual expansions in order to run it (except an understanding of the rules). In a pinch you can use the negative military markers in place of debt tokens for stage 3.

The Catan wonder promo was released before Cities and has the broken coin symbol; it said if you don't have the money to lose you just go to $0, no debt necessary. You could do the great wall the same way.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fat Samurai posted:

Sorry, are we talking about the little peeing boy in Brussels?

Yes, we are. It was made as a joke, and nobody in their right mind plays with it.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

TheKingslayer posted:

Pegasus expansion replaces the 2D cardboard basestars with 3D plastic basestars, which look much cooler.

Other than that you're missing nothing.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Jedit posted:

Yes, we are. It was made as a joke, and nobody in their right mind plays with it.

Eh, even if the flavor is a joke, the actual board itself is perfectly playable.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Pegasus expansion replaces the 2D cardboard basestars with 3D plastic basestars, which look much cooler.

Are those in Daybreak as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Grab the errata (I forgot what it was) for one of the cards, which was included in Pegasus but you can just read online. Aside from that the expansions are all mixed bags. Just play the base game until you're sick of it, then consider expansions.