Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

2.5 year contract for Ched. YES! To the 60,000 protestors - clicking on a petition - your lust for vengeance was based on jealousy. Go Ched!

Listen you loons, it doesn't matter what Ched did. He served his time. You are cross because he isn't working in McDonalds. End of. Chuff off. If Ched apologised that wouldn't be good enough for you either. You are used to politicians apologising. Some of us stand strong.

Ched didn't rape a football. Your logic is guardian level.

Actually the Guardian take that I read yesterday was "If you're mad at this, don't campaign against Ched Evans, campaign against lenient rape sentencing" which is pretty reasonable imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

sassassin posted:

2.5 year contract for Ched. YES! To the 60,000 protestors - clicking on a petition - your lust for vengeance was based on jealousy. Go Ched!

Listen you loons, it doesn't matter what Ched did. He served his time. You are cross because he isn't working in McDonalds. End of. Chuff off. If Ched apologised that wouldn't be good enough for you either. You are used to politicians apologising. Some of us stand strong.

Ched didn't rape a football. Your logic is guardian level.

Please source your quotes

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

You are cross because he isn't working in McDonalds.

tbf no one would be cool with him working at McDonalds, either

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Are we certain Ched Evans never raped a football?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
So wait, Ched Evans raped a woman, served the time and now shouldn't play football why exactly? Are all convicted criminals who have served their time supposed to be shunned forever? What's the point of the correctional system again?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

mackintosh posted:

So wait, Ched Evans raped a woman, served the time and now shouldn't play football why exactly? Are all convicted criminals who have served their time supposed to be shunned forever? What's the point of the correctional system again?

Hell, we let rapists who didn't serve their time become the top scorer in the league some years

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

tbp posted:

Hell, we let rapists who didn't serve their time become the top scorer in the league some years

alleged!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mackintosh posted:

Technically he's not served his time he's out on license

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

tbp posted:

lol

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Looks like Luciano Becchio may be coming home to where he belongs, as well as Sol Bamba

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

No allegedly about it. I saw him lift the golden boot.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Nastasic might be off to Schalke, which is bizarre since it apparently means Pellegrini rates Boyata above him. I can only assume its because Boyata's an academy product.

OTOH there's also rumours that it might be part of a swap deal with Draxler, which given I've seen nothing but highlight reels of him doing roulettes and banging in 30 yard volleys against Real Madrid, seems like a good thing?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I wish Arsenal would sign the midfielder and defender they desperately need, they're wrapped up in extended negotiations for a 16 year old polish kid.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Messi is joining the Chels according to the biggest Catalan radio station, which seems fairly reliable to me???

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

I wish Arsenal would sign the midfielder and defender they desperately need, they're wrapped up in extended negotiations for a 16 year old polish kid.

Wenger will have him on the Gauloises in no time.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I would be a bit more inclined to believe the Messi to Chelsea rumors if Barcelona weren't currently under a transfer embargo. Then again this is the board that bought Verm, Song and Mathieu.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I would be a bit more inclined to believe the Messi to Chelsea rumors if Barcelona weren't currently under a transfer embargo. Then again this is the board that bought Verm, Song and Mathieu.

They can still sell

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Are we certain Ched Evans never raped a football?

Worse, he got raped by football!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAah0ME4bY

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Hegay posted:

They can still sell

Yeah but the only thing more unlikely than a club selling Messi is a club selling Messi when they are banned from buying players to replace him for 2 years.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Yeah but the only thing more unlikely than a club selling Messi is a club selling Messi when they are banned from buying players to replace him for 2 years.

but think of all the colour ink cartridges they could buy!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

He's not very useful walking around and pouting all day long.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Did anyone mention Valdes signing for United?

De Gea contract runs out in 2016 and he's yet to sign a new deal....

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Big Taff Man posted:

I don't like this one bit.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

The Big Taff Man posted:

havent you got enough crocks on the books already

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Messi doesn't get back enough

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

he'd be a good backup tbh but it just depends on whether or not hes on stupid wages to justify being an old man on the bench

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Steven Gerrard to LA Galaxy is a Done Deal.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
good for him, hang out with robbie keane in beverley hills, scissor tackle prospects earning $30k per/annum

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Messi doesn't get back enough

I'm sure Jose could teach him to track back

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

I'm sure Jose could teach him to track back

the spanish government cant make him track back through his bank accounts ffs

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

mackintosh posted:

He's unrepentant about it though so you can hardly claim he's rehabilitated mate when he thinks of himself as innocent.

Good little transfer for Oldham though.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Pierre Emile Højbjerg on a loan to FC Augsburg is a done deal.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
The loan is for one and a half years apparently.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

blue footed boobie posted:

You have to remember that Wenger is an ambush predator like those snakes that live in the dark and eat bats, he can go for a long time without eating but when the time is right and he sees a tasty bat BAM! he'll strike and then spend the next 6 months slowly digesting it.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Big Taff Man posted:

As I said before, I'll melt the gently caress down if we let De Gea go and replace him with loving Valdes

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

If Bony moves to City, we can finally begin the long-awaited and delayed reign of Gomis

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

has lionel 'the lion' messi moeved to chels yeat?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Lollin' a bit at the fact that the Chelsea scheme of buying up all the youth and sending them to Holland backfired and let Leicester sign a promising young striker ahead of them.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TelekineticBear! posted:

Looks like Luciano Becchio may be coming home to where he belongs, as well as Sol Bamba

I saw Becchio in person a few years ago and he ran about 40 yards the entire game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

The loan is for one and a half years apparently.

Nope, it's just until the end of this season.

• Locked thread