Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
but seriously i played GW2 and on the surface I agree with your points, i just think those things are very superficial in the end. more poo poo to do to achieve the same garbage mmo gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

ive never played an momo i am better than all of you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ludwig van Halen posted:

mmo but with dodge rolls
rogue like like lite but with dodge rolls
shootmans but with dodge rolls
mapgame but with dodge rolls

On the other hand CABELAS DANGEROUS HUNTS 2013 was very much improved by the addition of dodgerolls

maybe its just funnier to dodge around an angry lion than another generic guard

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
dangeous hunts owns a lot more than any hunting game should

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxJtZ4_Yi4M

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

HAS MUERTO

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Phoenixan posted:

dangeous hunts owns a lot more than any hunting game should

cabelas alternates their hunting series so there should be a new dangerous hunts this year

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

at the date posted:

Having played several MMOs, Guild Wars 2 is the only one I could recommend to another human being in good conscience, and even then with a substantial list caveats. What saves it for me is that its version of open world PvP is really drat good and it has the most elegant and enjoyable RPG combat system I've experienced outside of Dark Souls 1 & 2. Plus it has free updates and no sub fee whatsoever, so I drop it for a few months and pick it up again just like Battlefield or whatever.
source you're quotes

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

im sure it would be responsible to take the time that psn is down as a good time to get some sleep but i loving was so goddamn close to having my stupid chocobo mount and i logged out to give a friend a ride i sware to god

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Yodzilla posted:

yeah origin is perfectly fine imho. the real issue is having to manage yet another friends list
it needs more idiot "social" features imo, like user groups

and optional public user profiles viewable from a normal web browser without logging in so you can show people at a glance how big a pisslord hell fucker you are

at least it's not uplay v:shobon:v

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
origin is the Amazon App Store of the gaming world and it only lived by being a requirement to play ea shoot mans

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
it's tolerable but lol if u buy any games thru origin that are available literally anywhere else that isn't uplay

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

jony ive aces posted:

it's tolerable but lol if u buy any games thru origin that are available literally anywhere else that isn't uplay

Err yeah because you can redeem it on origin anyway.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
yeah i have quite a few james in my origin library now

i only actually bought rear end erect 3 & the saboteur through origin sales, the rest are either
  • "on the house" titles (dragon age :barf:)

• whatever crap i got from giving a dollar all to charity in that humble origin bundle

• cd keys for stuff i already had on steam meaning there's literally no reason to add them to my origin as well but w/e

• cd keys for literal cds i own, except for some reason my c&c3 one didn't work but my kane's wrath one did? lol

so yeah i'm p. much never going to play any of these on origin except rear end erect 3 & the saboteur

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
also gj inventing your own bespoke artisanal non-standard ui elements so my password manager won't work ea you piss-guzzling chucklefucks

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
i think thats the most games ive ever seen anyone have in origin

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
:tipshat:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Nayato posted:

i think thats the most games ive ever seen anyone have in origin
there's people with more from when origin's discount codes stacked and you could get games for free

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

there's people with more from when origin's discount codes stacked and you could get games for free
loooooooooooooooooool

e:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jony ive aces posted:

loooooooooooooooooool

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Its still loving creepy that origin scanned my steam account for EA games, and added them to my account.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

and gently caress ea for never putting dlc for rear end affect on sale

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i played final fantasy 14 for about two hours and :confused:

the UI is pretty i guess but i don't want to play any more

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i've gotten the mmo sickness out of my blood

:feelsgood:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

incoherent posted:

Its still loving creepy that origin scanned my steam account for EA games, and added them to my account.
wtf how did it do this

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i've gotten the mmo sickness out of my blood

:feelsgood:

I still suffer from UO and AO cravings

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

i, as an avid gamer, have long seeked out a steam analogue that features less games and less deals

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

jony ive aces posted:

wtf how did it do this

it just scans for its games and probably creates a shortcut to them in origin

maybe it does actually verify ownership and credit to account but i doubt it

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Balobam posted:

i, as an avid gamer, have long seeked out a steam analogue that features less games and less deals

you can get better discounts on origin games by using a vpn

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

you can get better discounts on origin games by using a vpn

you have to be careful of what region you buy from, though, or you could get locked into only being able to play the game in russian or some poo poo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

incoherent posted:

it scanned the registry/disk for installed ea games and would have found them if they were steam or retail or w/e else

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

ea and ubisoft dont make good games ever so theres no need to use origin or uplay at any point in your life

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
actually battlefield + the far cries are pretty good. also rear end creed pirates wasn't bad.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Widdiful posted:

ea and ubisoft dont make good games ever so theres no need to use origin or uplay at any point in your life

true

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

thank goodness alereon is here to protect us from those jerks.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

whose that

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Shaggar posted:

actually battlefield + the far cries are pretty good. also rear end creed pirates wasn't bad.

also trials

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

who the gently caress is alereon

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012