Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I understood her thinking here- it was risky and ill-advised, but she knew the guy and after Ichabod going on about their son being redeemable, I can't blame her for getting the idea that could apply to someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yeah, I understood the same, considering it seems like they decided to make Katrina not want to go outside and become accustomed to the modern world as much as Ichabod.

Complaints I've read about "going back to MOTW" are kinda shallow, as SH is pretty much MOTW, but the backing behind it is pretty limp-wristed, I won't argue that, or at least right now seem super low stakes. Or at least what we've seen so far is pretty lame compared to Moloch and friends. What might've bothered me most was Katrina saying there's a way to change Abraham back and then not really offer much to say on how, just the why, can't do it quite yet for untold reasons, and having to square off with everyone else in how to deal with HH.

Orion looks like some fun, but dunno how prevalent he is gonna be. Ichabod and Abbie still kinda carry the show. I don't really mind Hawley that much, but they could use him better still, but I guess he didn't take up too much time. Kinda lame to take the week off, I'm sure this will cause more viewers to jump ship cause of that. Although I'm interested from the preview, it looks like Katrina is at least joining the gang on an adventure this time rather than being sectioned off and then showing up to hose on everyone's fun when the time comes. She could be a fun dynamic if the writers want it to, but she kinda just sits in the background in her own plot right now. If she knows how to undo HH-ism, then she kinda should be working towards doing whatever she needs to do to get there or something, but still be in on Ichabod and Abbie's demon hunting fun time.

If they really want to use Jenny/Katrina/Hawley some more how about splitting up Ichabod and Abbie from time to time? That sounds crazy but maybe try pairing them off with someone else on occasion, see how that goes? Or if you can't at least give them something better to do than playing support roles all the time.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm totally fine with the latest plot development opening things up as opposed to the previous arc where every single thing was Henry's latest plot. We're not totally bereft of a recurring antagonist, we have Orion now, and I think breaking up his appearances with MOTW episodes is for the best.

And while Hawley and the "affable rogue" archetype isn't great, he's a lot better when it doesn't feel like he's supplanting Jenny.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sober posted:

If they really want to use Jenny/Katrina/Hawley some more how about splitting up Ichabod and Abbie from time to time? That sounds crazy but maybe try pairing them off with someone else on occasion, see how that goes? Or if you can't at least give them something better to do than playing support roles all the time.

Based on a synopsis I read, and the preview for the next episode they're going to do exactly that. Ichabod and Katrina go solve a mystery together while Abbie deals with other poo poo (Irving). And you're absolutely right, they should've been doing that from the start of the season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Hawley, to me, worked best as what he was set up to be initially: the group's drop-in magic bullshit supplier. He shows up for a scene or two per episode, gives some exposition on what the gently caress they've got to kill this week and how this whatamajig he's handing them should do it in theory, all couched in a layer of "charming surfer hick", and then buggers off. Maybe have him join the team on a mission like once every five episodes.

And I still like Hawley for the most part too, but yeah, I see where the problems lie big time with him.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Waffleman_ posted:

Why bother bringing it back now if you're just gonna take a week off after?

There's some football bullshit on next tuesday apparently, Gotham is taking the week off as well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Waffleman_ posted:

I missed Headless being Headless and not Abe.

It seems like the show realizes that this is a problem but still want Abe to be his own character hence the separation thing.

I am curious how this is going to go horribly wrong, it will probably involve Franklinstien's monster.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

mr.capps posted:

It seems like the show realizes that this is a problem but still want Abe to be his own character hence the separation thing.

I am curious how this is going to go horribly wrong, it will probably involve Franklinstien's monster.
So far nobody on the show brought up the point that returning Abraham to mortality would, in theory, make him a mortal man in a body that has no head. Unless they retrieve the head from Franklinstein first, who seems unlikely to want to give it back, Abraham is going to be extremely mortal indeed.

EDIT: And again, now we have a six-week time jump, the near-victory of Moloch, the armies of purgatory rising and only mostly falling again, two Horsemen still out there doing stuff... and Franklinstein still hasn't shown up or been mentioned. Like, wasn't this poo poo his only purpose in creation? Is he busy elsewhere, or just really bad at his job?

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 6, 2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Oh yeah, Franklinstein's still gone.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Did I miss it, or did none of the characters think to ask Orion why an angel was stuck in Purgatory in the first place? Seems like a very important question to ask.

Also, Katrina seemed to be terrified of him on first meeting, very clearly so. The implication seems to be that either she knows him specifically, or knows that angels in general are bad news for her. Neither idea seems very comforting. Either way, she didn't say anything about it, and nobody else saw her reaction, or she would have been questioned about it.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 6, 2015

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

Also, did I miss it, or did none of the characters think to ask Orion why an Angel was sent to Purgatory in the first place? Seems like a very important question to ask.
He was captured/beaten by the horseman at valley forge.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Ravenfood posted:

He was captured/beaten by the horseman at valley forge.
Huh. I remember he was beaten, but I thought that was just why he was out for revenge. You're probably right though. Still, you'd think an angel could get out of there, either on his own or with help from his boss. (unless the boss didn't want him out either)

Angels in Sleepy Hollow are kind of pathetic, it seems.

Abbie keeping that adorable mini-halo-chakram seems like a bad plan. He said he can find her anywhere, all she has to do is think about him. He never said she had to want to be found for it to work that way. Good luck ever hiding from him with that in your pocket.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm honestly getting pretty bored with Katrina. On the other hand, Jennie was killin it in that skirt!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Not sure if I missed anything but did Jenny and Hawley's stuff with that ancient Sumerian demon finder actually go anywhere?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Asehujiko posted:

Not sure if I missed anything but did Jenny and Hawley's stuff with that ancient Sumerian demon finder actually go anywhere?

They were the only reason everyone found out where the Horseman was.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asehujiko posted:

Yeah, Hawley broke it and used the crystal ball or whatever was inside to see where the demons and Abraham were, which was the Carriage House.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I must've looked away when that happened. I thought they were going to Abraham's hideout because that would be the most obvious place for him to be.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Robot Hobo posted:

Did I miss it, or did none of the characters think to ask Orion why an angel was stuck in Purgatory in the first place? Seems like a very important question to ask.

Also, Katrina seemed to be terrified of him on first meeting, very clearly so. The implication seems to be that either she knows him specifically, or knows that angels in general are bad news for her. Neither idea seems very comforting. Either way, she didn't say anything about it, and nobody else saw her reaction, or she would have been questioned about it.

Dude has black wings. It should have been immediately obvious that he wasn't quite the thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's weird to think that Moloch is gone and that Orion is our bad guy now. I wonder if Moloch's death is going to be permanent. It certainly wasn't for Irving.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Robot Hobo posted:

So far nobody on the show brought up the point that returning Abraham to mortality would, in theory, make him a mortal man in a body that has no head. Unless they retrieve the head from Franklinstein first, who seems unlikely to want to give it back, Abraham is going to be extremely mortal indeed.

EDIT: And again, now we have a six-week time jump, the near-victory of Moloch, the armies of purgatory rising and only mostly falling again, two Horsemen still out there doing stuff... and Franklinstein still hasn't shown up or been mentioned. Like, wasn't this poo poo his only purpose in creation? Is he busy elsewhere, or just really bad at his job?

Franklin preserved the body, but then they sewed Abe's grody old head on it. Poor guy has shriveled up eyeballs and a dried out old brain. He's probably been wandering around in the woods totally lost. :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speaking of Franklin, Clickhole published this piece on him that might give y'all a chuckle.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I was pretty underwhelmed by that whole episode, except 1)Ichabod calling Katrina out on poo poo 2)Jennie. Jennie will always be great.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't know how anyone could look at Orion and not immediately think "this guy might be kind of insane" so uh good job witness, you almost got our beloved horseman of death killed

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

WitchFetish posted:

I don't know how anyone could look at Orion and not immediately think "this guy might be kind of insane" so uh good job witness, you almost got our beloved horseman of death killed

Yeah he's definitely the Old Testament kind of angel, you know, the kind that made people drop to their knees in awe and terror of the glory of the Lord.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah he's definitely the Old Testament kind of angel, you know, the kind that made people drop to their knees in awe and terror of the glory of the Lord.

I really hope it turns out Orion is really the only angel like this, and all the other ones are just really chill dudes who just kinda shrug at everything going on in the show.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

mr.capps posted:

I really hope it turns out Orion is really the only angel like this, and all the other ones are just really chill dudes who just kinda shrug at everything going on in the show.

His own comments about being the only angel that wants to kill demons and better humanity by force points to this. Maybe he's the angel version of Vic Mackey and they were glad someone managed to deal with him if only temporarily.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

NeuroticLich posted:

Yeah, Hawley broke it and used the crystal ball or whatever was inside to see where the demons and Abraham were, which was the Carriage House.

When they were talking about all the ways they tried to get it to work was anyone else thinking hmm.... demon seeing stone... human blood maybe>?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

howe_sam posted:

Based on a synopsis I read, and the preview for the next episode they're going to do exactly that. Ichabod and Katrina go solve a mystery together while Abbie deals with other poo poo (Irving). And you're absolutely right, they should've been doing that from the start of the season.
Thank goodness, that sounds great. Hopefully they realized they can do that and actually took that into account and the next episode wasn't just an accident.

Unless you're one of those #ichabbie crazy shippers that can't stand to see them separated for more than a scene. We shall see.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Is this show turning into Supernatural? Except darker, not funny, and female siblings.

Seychelles82
Nov 4, 2014

Rurutia posted:

Is this show turning into Supernatural? Except darker, not funny, and female siblings.

Worse, it's turning into a supernatural Wuthering Heights and that's why I really haven't been feeling this season, with the focus being on the Crane family dysfunction. I've kind of stopped watching.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Seychelles82 posted:

Worse, it's turning into a supernatural Wuthering Heights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pMMIe4hb4
???

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Seychelles82 posted:

Worse, it's turning into a supernatural Wuthering Heights and that's why I really haven't been feeling this season, with the focus being on the Crane family dysfunction. I've kind of stopped watching.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Picture is missing Eddie.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I wonder if the sword has something to do with Irving coming back. Henry used it last, maybe it only has a one-soul buffer?

Didn't they bury Irving?!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Binary Badger posted:

I wonder if the sword has something to do with Irving coming back. Henry used it last, maybe it only has a one-soul buffer?

Irving was probably able to come back for the same reason all the Moloch-serving demons and Orion were able to escape purgatory after Moloch was destroyed.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lycus posted:

Irving was probably able to come back for the same reason all the Moloch-serving demons and Orion were able to escape purgatory after Moloch was destroyed.

That's my bet too. Moloch died a few hours after him, so he had an opportunity to escape almost immediately while he was still all hyped up and freshly dead, before purgatory had a chance to make him weird.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Binary Badger posted:

He did look a bit dirt-covered.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

The MSJ posted:

He did look a bit dirt-covered.

"Our bad, Irving."

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

Yessss, it's been my main gripe since we found out Abraham is the Horseman. I can't loving wait to get back the faceless, headless, horseman back. I was 99% sure he was forging a new axe in that scene, but was hoping he was gonna choose a new weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Looks like Fox wants Sleepy Hollow to be more episodic.

Is it too early to call Sleepy Hollow the new Heroes?

• Locked thread