Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Sage Grimm posted:

Cause when the schedule was finalized the game wasn't yet out. Unknown why they didn't agree on a seed but doing unseeded runs was what they were comfortable with (there's a surprisingly large group that do runs like that, even for money) so I guess they didn't want to diverge.

One guy on couch said if they used the same seed then the guy behind could cheat by screen watching. Which is true but youd hope they could be trusted not to do that in a charity marathon eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

yes, yes I do like Chemical Plant Zone music

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

One guy on couch said if they used the same seed then the guy behind could cheat by screen watching. Which is true but youd hope they could be trusted not to do that in a charity marathon eh.

Who loving cares? The winner doesn't actually matter or get anything.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I just turned on the stream again and recognized Werster from his jacket and stature alone.

fml

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nobody wants Knuckles for anything.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Werster and Naegleria on the couch :burger:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I always feel like an rear end in a top hat because I've never liked Naegleria much. He's just comes off as incredibly abrasive to me and incredibly smarmy during the Mario Party stuff during the bonus stream.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

Cause when the schedule was finalized the game wasn't yet out. Unknown why they didn't agree on a seed but doing unseeded runs was what they were comfortable with (there's a surprisingly large group that do runs like that, even for money) so I guess they didn't want to diverge.
They do, but normally it's a best of three and the runs don't go as far. Also they tend to do a lot of restarts for a solid start which Slack refused to do because it'd be "boring" :v:

Basically Isaac races are probably not a good fit for GDQ. It'd be like a two-hour block for two people to play the same four flours multiple times.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

That swear jar's getting filled.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Tracula posted:

I always feel like an rear end in a top hat because I've never liked Naegleria much. He's just comes off as incredibly abrasive to me and incredibly smarmy during the Mario Party stuff during the bonus stream.

I found him abrasive last *GDQ, but I actually enjoyed his commentary during F-Zero block

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I remember the one Sonic 1 run at I think an SGDQ where he totally botched it and said "gently caress it" and started doing silly tricks which was kinda fun.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tracula posted:

I can see that, but he's really cool when they are playing a game he likes.

That said, Naegleria and Werster have historically not liked each other, so it's interesting to see them share the couch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tracula posted:

naegleria is basically :goonsay: personified

he is terrible

he knows a lot about some speedgames tho

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Here's a truth bomb on Genesis vs. SNES music: first-party stuff and big third-party stuff (Capcom, Konami, Square) had great music on both platforms, most of the other stuff kind of sucked!

Also who were the brothers that did a co-op run of Sonic 2 one year and argued the whole time? That was a great run.

Edit: Also Naegleria is funny sometimes (usually when he's running something by himself) and can be annoying and awful sometimes (his commentary on the Barkley run).

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I see Werster and Sonic on stream but no black people and it's a goddamn tragedy

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Why is John Belushi at AGDQ?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

God drat that was fast

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

DoubleDonut posted:

Also who were the brothers that did a co-op run of Sonic 2 one year and argued the whole time? That was a great run.

That would be Mike89 and Werster.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm waiting for the part where the supposed bad music starts :confused:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Eonwe posted:

naegleria is basically :goonsay: personified

he is terrible

he knows a lot about some speedgames tho

"20's a nice start."
"...19 would have been better, though."
"Well, yeah."

Love it already.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

The VC version with botched sound? Gross.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Please do not abuse Tails.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
RUBBISH!

:ramsay:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TailsButtHoleGuy's avatar agrees with Terper

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

RUBBISH.

:vince:

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Never change, Werster :allears:

FANSean
Nov 9, 2010
i love this run

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I love the heckling going on here. Sonic 2 is a really difficult speed run though.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Werster's comentary is better than this run :allears:

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Ahaha the commentary. I'm half expecting the guy to say "WELL YOU loving DO IT THEN" any moment now

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I see Werster and Sonic on stream but no black people and it's a goddamn tragedy

The planets can only align so many times.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Werster being rude af B)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I can't remember how it works for aussies, is werster being a twat or a oval office?

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Werster seems like a great coach.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

kaschei posted:

I can't remember how it works for aussies, is werster being a twat or a oval office?

He's being Werster

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Well, at least you didn't di-- oh, never mind.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
That was PERFECT and then you blew it.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

This will end in a brawl.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

"On emulator!"
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Comrade Question posted:

This will end in a brawl.

I'm pretty sure TimpZ is okay with Werster's heckling. It's not like he just walked up to the couch and started talking poo poo out of nowhere.

• Locked thread