Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If there's one thing modern audiences hate, it's huge tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If they cast a woman with 34E breasts in the role it would be all anyone would talk about. Oh can you imagine the handwringing thinkpieces on Salon.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TV Executives posted:

If they cast a woman with 34E breasts [...] Oh can you imagine the ratings.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
It's not as if Kat Dennings is making me watch Two Broke Girls, though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah that's about as Powergirl as they are likely to find.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Am I the only one who watched Agent Carter last night? I really enjoyed the hell out of it. I was super excited to see Enver Gosdsdhkjahdkja - that dude from Dollhouse who was the only good thing on there. Also, Chad Michael Murray was kinda hilarious.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The two episodes last night were really good. It is nice getting to see some more of Roxxon since they've only really been name dropped in the movies and AOS.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I haven't seen any of AoS (apart from like the first 3 episodes), do I need to before watching Agent Carter? I'd assume not since it's set in the past

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Thankfully, you don't have to watch it before or after.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lamont posted:

I haven't seen any of AoS (apart from like the first 3 episodes), do I need to before watching Agent Carter? I'd assume not since it's set in the past

So far all you need to have seen is the first Captain America movie. They might tie in some plot later because stuff Peggy Carter did has had ramifications for season 2 of AoS.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

muscles like this? posted:

So far all you need to have seen is the first Captain America movie. They might tie in some plot later because stuff Peggy Carter did has had ramifications for season 2 of AoS.

Sounds like I'm good to go! I will get around to watching AoS sometime, especially as I hear it's actually good now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

And even if you haven't there's a ton of flashbacks.

The Carter stuff in AoS was all during the war and Agent Carter started post-war, so if it comes up it will probably be minor.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Entire series of Daredevil goes up 10th of April. Here's a dumb motion poster video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h334vn103YM

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Waterhaul posted:

Entire series of Daredevil goes up 10th of April. Here's a dumb motion poster video.

Also, one of Netflix's execs is now saying that the Marvel shows will be released at approximately one-year intervals, which is really odd given that Jessica Jones was confirmed for 2015 just a month ago. Possibly a mistake; will wait for clarification.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Barry Convex posted:

Also, one of Netflix's execs is now saying that the Marvel shows will be released at approximately one-year intervals, which is really odd given that Jessica Jones was confirmed for 2015 just a month ago. Possibly a mistake; will wait for clarification.

This seems really odd from a logistics perspective. So they have to lock the daredevil actor into a contract for defenders, which wouldn't happen until 2019 then? So he has a job for 2015 and 2019.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

King Burgundy posted:

This seems really odd from a logistics perspective. So they have to lock the daredevil actor into a contract for defenders, which wouldn't happen until 2019 then? So he has a job for 2015 and 2019.

I'm hoping that is bad info. Or that we are missing part of the picture. One series per year is pretty dumb.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

It was originally confirmed for May I thought? Not often you see a release date moved up.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
The every year thing for the Netflix series doesn't make much sense. Having them be on a 6 month rotation would seem to make more sense. Charlie Cox was cast in late May, with Daredevil airing 11 months later. Krysten Ritter was cast early December, going 11 months from then would be a November release of Jessica Jones, making it a 6 month release schedule. You maybe get Charlie Cox back for an episode in Jessica Jones, maybe a two-episode cameo in Luke Cage with another in Iron Fist. That keeps him around for 4-5 more random episodes and then you bring everyone back to start filming Defenders in fall of next year for a summer 2017 release.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Agent Carter was pretty fun, if very clichéd. I had no real interest beforehand, but it looks and sounds much better than I was expecting. All things considered it does seem pretty inconsequential, though.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

And again, Marvel and Netflix issued a press release just a bit over two weeks ago that confirmed AKA Jessica Jones for 2015, so not sure what's up.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

And again, Marvel and Netflix issued a press release just a bit over two weeks ago that confirmed AKA Jessica Jones for 2015, so not sure what's up.

It wouldn't be shocking for an Exec to be completely wrong about the plans and schedules of their company. It certainly wouldn't be a first. I'd trust the press releases over an exec in an interview.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Hakkesshu posted:

Agent Carter was pretty fun, if very clichéd. I had no real interest beforehand, but it looks and sounds much better than I was expecting. All things considered it does seem pretty inconsequential, though.

Inconsequential to a shared universe is the BEST thing a show can be.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Was Taters posted:

I assume it will have a bunch of connections to Iron Man 2.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume it will have a bunch of connections to Iron Man 2.

That would make it worse.

Agent Carter was pretty dope though, and I say this as someone who has an odd urge to spit anytime someone brings up SHIELD.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Was Taters posted:

Nah, not really. It's not like the main conflict is at all interesting, at least yet.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

That would make it worse.

Agent Carter was pretty dope though, and I say this as someone who has an odd urge to spit anytime someone brings up SHIELD.

It already does since Anton has appeared.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Consequentialness is a terrible standard by which to gauge quality, and that mentality in comics is why even terrible event miniseries are still huge sellers.

Also, it's highly unlikely that any Marvel TV series will ever be consequential to the films on any sort of substantial sort of storytelling level, both due to the practical challenges (different people involved, different budget, different production schedule, different audience sizes), as well as the more abstract risk of cultivating the perception over time that you have to watch X seasons of TV to "get" the newest film.

And yes, with the recent Inhumans reveal, SHIELD certainly feels more consequential, which is a good thing as long as the writers know what they're doing with that storyline. That's not the same thing as actually being consequential, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My superpower is the ability to move goalposts with my mind.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oooh EJO's got a recurring part on SHIELD

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I'm dying to see some Daredevil footage. For some reason I expected (unjustifiably probably) that we would have something by now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Finally gonna prove Koenig is a Replicant LMD!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

mikeraskol posted:

I'm dying to see some Daredevil footage. For some reason I expected (unjustifiably probably) that we would have something by now.

Considering the debut is merely four months away, it is kind of weird that we haven't had any footage.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Considering the debut is merely four months away, it is kind of weird that we haven't had any footage.

TV is kind of a different beast. There is no real trailer for the new season of Game of Thrones either and that's also out in April.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

TV is kind of a different beast. There is no real trailer for the new season of Game of Thrones either and that's also out in April.

Yeah I just saw that. I feel like GoT season announcements and season trailers were usually around the same time previously, but I might have just not paid attention before. But HBO also doesn't have to spend much money hyping GoT either at this point, so there's that. At this rate I feel like the vast majority of potential audience members probably do not even know Daredevil exists, let alone is coming out in 12 weeks on Netflix.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I feel like most Netflix shows are like that, apart from maybe House of Cards and Arrested Development since they were hyped up a lot beforehand. I never knew Orange is the New Black, Hemlock Grove, Bojack Horseman or Marco Polo existed until the day they premiered. Granted this is a Marvel show so you'd think there'd be more marketability there, but I don't know. I'm sure we'll see a trailer real soon though.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

All the movie trailers we're waiting on will probably get shown during the Super Bowl, there's a chance Daredevil might get a feature there too.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dacap posted:

All the movie trailers we're waiting on will probably get shown during the Super Bowl, there's a chance Daredevil might get a feature there too.

I'd be downright shocked if it didn't.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is funny but I'm also going to read way too much into it and take it as a sign that they are going to have Purple Man in JJ or Luke Cage.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I also expect one during Agent Carter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

This is funny but I'm also going to read way too much into it and take it as a sign that they are going to have Purple Man in JJ or Luke Cage.
Shouldn't he be tweeting Melissa Whatshername?