Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

kalstrams posted:

v0v sorry i didn't pick your favourite game
run's quite sick though, that game is surprisingly broken

they did a sonic generations run yesterday, it was really cool. lots of glitches exploited, especially one that involves tricking the game into continuing 3d physics in the 2d sections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

sonic 3 and knuckles was the last good sonic game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Widdiful posted:

sonic 3 and knuckles was the last good sonic game

nope sonic generations is really good

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Notorious QIG posted:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

As a Millennial I posted:

i'm going to guess that deviant posted about owning all the amiibos, then edited it out after remembering the earlier cjs discussion re: unemployment

i saw what it was and rest assured it was extraordinarily shameful

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
all sonic games are bad and sonic has always been for kids whose parents didnt love them enough to buy a snes

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

sonic generations is equal parts old school sonic and the good parts of post-sonic adventure sonic. also it doesnt have all the furry characters, just sonic and (iirc) tails

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

o yeah i forgot about generations lol

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
it goes
neo-geo>snes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>genesis>lmao turbografx where did u even buy this thing

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

it goes
neo-geo>snes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>genesis>lmao turbografx where did u even buy this thing

neo geo means your parents didnt love you so they just bought the most expensive one because obviously thats the best

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
dude turbografx was legit the best console hardware wise just from a being interesting + good point of view gently caress you spope

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Space-Pope posted:

lmao turbografx where did u even buy this thing

japan pretty much, because it actually came out at an appropriate time and was semi-successful as a result. it was in between the 8- and 16-bit systems in terms of power (12-bit? :v:). Famicom - 1983, PC Engine - mid-1987, Super Famicom - late 1990 made sense, while stateside the tg16 was released after the Sega Genesis :lol:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

i saw what it was and rest assured it was extraordinarily shameful

two of each, one for play and one for display?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

they did a sonic generations run yesterday, it was really cool. lots of glitches exploited, especially one that involves tricking the game into continuing 3d physics in the 2d sections
yea, saw it, quite good run as well

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hubris.height posted:

dude turbografx was legit the best console hardware wise just from a being interesting + good point of view gently caress you spope

tg16 also has the best shmup of all time, :siren: BLAZING LAZERS :siren: (or gunhed if youre japanese/a weeaboo)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i had a genesis and my friend had a snes and occasionally we would trade for a month. it was a very good setup

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

i had a genesis and my friend had a snes and occasionally we would trade for a month. it was a very good setup

did this too, was a v good setup

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
honestly i never knew anyone who owned a neo-geo as a kid. like there was one kid whose parents were divorced and were clearly competing for his love. i remember he had like a 5,000 point chaos army for warhammer when we were like 13

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

univbee posted:

did this too, was a v good setup

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i knew a kid with steel battalion and even he didn't have a neogeo.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

it was the best when it first came out in japan, because it was competing w/ the sega master system and famicom. but it came out like a couple weeks after the genesis in north america so it was like why bother

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

oh my god super monkey ball next :getin:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

i'm going to guess that deviant posted about owning all the amiibos, then edited it out after remembering the earlier cjs discussion re: unemployment

nailed it. most of them were gifts or purchased on discount though so idgaf.

i mentioned to my father i got smash before xmas and he made it rain. :D bideo shame dad best dad

the fact that they're not called Nintendollies is just iwata wasting my time

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

the problem with neo geo wasn't so much that the console was like $600, it was that the games were $250 each when you could get an snes console with 2 controllers, and two new releases for less than that

i mean even if i were a broken newly-divorced parent buying my kid's love it would be a far easier and cheaper proposition to just buy him everything for genesis+snes as opposed to :retrogames: on neo geo stuff

edit that reminds me, the really rich kids where i lived (and i went to the most expensive high school in my city so the bar was pretty high) would get a super nintendo copy device letting you put roms onto floppy disks :filez:

univbee fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 7, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
do u remember the amstrad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eleomOSKuw

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

you're among friends here, deviant. post all the amiibos you want

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we have a couple dupes from xmas. this is what happens when you buy toys for yourself.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
im the lil wink from the pig warlock

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

man i forgot how good super monkey ball was. i wonder if the 3ds or iphone ones are worth picking up

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

you're among friends here, deviant. post all the amiibos you want

i wasn't all about them until i got one, they're pretty well made, and the smash functionality is nice.

got the wii fit trainer, put her in the red shirt, named her "Miss Fit".

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

man i forgot how good super monkey ball was. i wonder if the 3ds or iphone ones are worth picking up

this run loving owns and the runner is really cute

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
neo geo will always be the best because it has NEO TURF MASTERS and WINDJAMMERS on it

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Space-Pope posted:

all sonic games are bad and sonic has always been for kids whose parents didnt love them enough to buy an IBM-compatible PC

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Space-Pope posted:

all sonic games are bad and sonic has always been for kids whose parents didnt love them enough to buy a snes

this is the most blatant case of protesting too much i've seen itt yet

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

what the actual gently caress is this run

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i was team sega as kid because i really liked the shining force and phantasy star series also uncensored Mortal Kombat mannn

that being said my first "console" was a commodore64 with a shitload of pirated games

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

i have it on my phone, it's good

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
a good clickhole

The Ability To Play As Bowser Has Made Our Society More Evil

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

we had genesis and snes and i didnt play either of them because i literally spent what free time i had climbing trees and riding my bike as fast as i could (then learning a lot about first aid because i had no sense of 'maybe this is too fast')

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
what did you do when it got dark outside

• Locked thread