Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
While it certainly wouldn't surprise me to learn Sekai's been doing repairs (poorly) on Build Burning the whole time and has diminished its output, I wish we'd seen that happen at some point. :shrug:

Then again, Sei's not infallible and for all we know Shia's a builder of the same level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Great episode and I hope powerpuff Fumina shows up again. Also a Plavsky projector starting up must be like a bat signal to the meijin, since he just instantly teleported into the room to preside over the battle royale.

And I hope this isn't the last we see of him or Lady.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gotta say, though, the new mysterious newtype love interest being called Shia conjures up some very strange mental images.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

chumbler posted:

Great episode and I hope powerpuff Fumina shows up again. Also a Plavsky projector starting up must be like a bat signal to the meijin, since he just instantly teleported into the room to preside over the battle royale.

That was the best part of the episode. All the teams starting to interact in the most generic way possible and then MEIJIN KAWAGUCHI OUT OF NOWHERE FLAMENCO TIME.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Darth Walrus posted:

Gotta say, though, the new mysterious newtype love interest being called Shia conjures up some very strange mental images.

Allahu ackbar?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

That was the best part of the episode. All the teams starting to interact in the most generic way possible and then MEIJIN KAWAGUCHI OUT OF NOWHERE FLAMENCO TIME.

Honestly I just wish Kawaguchi was their mentor instead of Ral.

Or maybe like he is a teacher at their school and mysteriously he vanishes every time Meijin Kawaguchi shows up to mentor the Gunpla Battle Club. They couldn't be the same person though, he wears sunglasses.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly I just wish Kawaguchi was their mentor instead of Ral.

Or maybe like he is a teacher at their school and mysteriously he vanishes every time Meijin Kawaguchi shows up to mentor the Gunpla Battle Club. They couldn't be the same person though, he wears sunglasses.
So like Henry The Phantom RenegadeSpace Medafighter X? I'm all for that. :v:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Just make the entire show about Meijin Kawaguchi already. It's clearly what both the audience and the creators want. Just have him traveling the country interrupting unfun Gunpla matches to remind everyone to have fun and build more model kits while flamenco plays the entire time.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
ditch lady kawaguchi too

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Just make the entire show about Meijin Kawaguchi already. It's clearly what both the audience and the creators want. Just have him traveling the country interrupting unfun Gunpla matches to remind everyone to have fun and build more model kits while flamenco plays the entire time.

Heck I'd love to see them just bring back the entire S1 cast. Meijin has been the high point of these past few episodes and that really says a lot right there.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

muike posted:

ditch lady kawaguchi too

Nah she's cool and works as a bad cop to his good cop. And also the terrible fashion sense (nice shirt and tue aside) to the meijin's impeccable taste.

On a side note, I don't think anything in Try or even BF1 can top the Red Warrior's entrance. The wilted flower coming back to life put that scene over the top.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I just want Gunpla Cop Sei to show up with Gunpla Dad Cop so bad.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Allahu ackbar?

Actually, I was more expecting her to hire a skywriter to do 'I AM SORRY SEKAI KAMIKI' above Tokyo after whipping his rear end in a Gunpla match, then claim her entire sports career was 'meta-modernist performance art'.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
sei's dad has to be a gunpla senator by now

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

let's settle this labor dispute with gunpla!

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

chumbler posted:

I have here a projection of what he will look at the glorious age of 35.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Zedd posted:

So like Henry The Phantom RenegadeSpace Medafighter X? I'm all for that. :v:

Astro Nut posted:

:shepface::hf::shepface:

Caros
May 14, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They can always reuse the QanT mold. Its basically that but with a different weapon and more edgyness.

Not really, no.

While it's clearly a 00 inspired Gundam, including a GN drive, it is closer to the Exia than the Qan[t] and even then the relationship is tenuous.. While I really, really do hope that we get a Transient Gundam MG, you aren't going to get one going off the Qan[T] frame because the two have almost nothing in common. The closest thing we've seen is the Exia Amazing/Dark Matter.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just want a Transient Gundam kit for that lance. Because hell yeah lance equipped suits.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I thought of 1 Gundam before I thought of 00 Q-T actually.

It's still pretty different though. It's clearly a mostly-scratchbuild.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TARDISman posted:

I just want a Transient Gundam kit for that lance. Because hell yeah lance equipped suits.

I'd be surprised if we didn't see one.

If season 2 does well, I want season 3 to be the Excel Saga series, bringing back characters from both seasons. One ep we've got Gunpla Detective with Sei's dad, then Fellini's dating advice for Gunpla nerds, followed by the Meijin tracking down people and berating them for having fun wrong.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

i, too, would stop after deciding to make exia a base because there's nothing better

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Caros posted:

While it's clearly a 00 inspired Gundam, including a GN drive, it is closer to the Exia than the Qan[t] and even then the relationship is tenuous.. While I really, really do hope that we get a Transient Gundam MG, you aren't going to get one going off the Qan[T] frame because the two have almost nothing in common. The closest thing we've seen is the Exia Amazing/Dark Matter.

Looks like a heavily modified Astraea to me. With a dash of AGE FX Burst thrown in. And maybe that SEED Gundam that had sensor knives.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
astraea and exia are nearly identical. i think it's just basically a heavily modified exia as a callback to the exia amazing due to the character basically being Julian But Not but i'll wait for actual lineart

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Looks like a heavily modified Astraea to me. With a dash of AGE FX Burst thrown in. And maybe that SEED Gundam that had sensor knives.

AGE-elements seems unlikely; aren't they still under contract with the TV station that AGE aired on, where they can't show any AGE or AGE-inspired suits or else they have to pay royalties to the TV station?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

As long as we don't get Actual Cannibal Shia Kirima, I don't think you have to worry too much.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

As long as we don't get Actual Cannibal Shia Kirima, I don't think you have to worry too much.

What if she eats gunpla?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

AGE-elements seems unlikely; aren't they still under contract with the TV station that AGE aired on, where they can't show any AGE or AGE-inspired suits or else they have to pay royalties to the TV station?

They showed Fardain in Season 1 so it depends on how blatant it is, I guess.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ImpAtom posted:

I just bring it up because I remember reading that contract was the main reason there was no 00 Season 2 or AGE stuff in the first season of Build Fighters, and that the 00 Season 2 elements became available for use again like the day before the last episode of BF season 1 aired, which is why they were able to include the cloak from the Exia Repair on the Amazing Exia/Kampfer Amazing kitbash in the final battles.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Could you say an episode number? Couldn't it have been Side 7 instead, since that one's also a rather short O'Neill cylinder.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

chumbler posted:

What if she eats gunpla?

Maybe she doesn't, but maybe her gunpla does. Dahmer Gundam.

The sooner Yuuma becomes Young Ral and turns the Lightning into a souped up Gouf variant the better.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurking Haro posted:

Could you say an episode number? Couldn't it have been Side 7 instead, since that one's also a rather short O'Neill cylinder.

I can't remember the specific episode number but it was pretty specifically Fardain, it had the 'shielded' buildings and everything.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I can't remember the specific episode number but it was pretty specifically Fardain, it had the 'shielded' buildings and everything.

Just fast-forwarded through season 1. Couldn't find anything that wasn't a regular O'Neill cylinder with normal buildings. Maybe it was just shorter than 30 seconds.
There was lot of dessert (stage), though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think the Transient's just generally based off of 00 designs. The forearms are almost identical to Exia, the legs seem to have most in common with the 00Q and almost certainly not Exia, which had squarer thighs. Chest gem and head look most like Exia's too, and it has the single GN drive. The shoulders looks like they could come from one of the UC Delta Gundam designs. Pretty much every part seems to be distinct in some way. Really hope it get a kit, as Iove the legs an head design.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro Nut posted:

When you think about it, Ramba Ral always turns up when and wherever a good fight starts...

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shia helping Sekai to improve the Build Burning sat badly with me, because the whole point of the BBG was it was some insane custom made by Sei. Having someone else able to easily tune it up seems like it robs its special nature a little. The whole "I wanted him to be stronger :wotwot:" thing was pretty smug as poo poo too, compared to BF with them all hanging like buddies and giving each-other tips because they share a hobby they enjoy, and ultimately pointless with a full upgrade coming next episode.

A better part of a decade has passed since BF and the sport has changed. You should just be happy you don't see nascar style brand uniforms.

As for the upgrading, she was teaching him techniques that he can use next week when Fumina and Yuuma put their crafter pants on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

nuru posted:

You should just be happy you don't see nascar style brand uniforms.
I really should watch Tiger and Bunny one of these days.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I really should watch Tiger and Bunny one of these days.

You should. Its tone and sense of humour is quite similar to GBF's.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

At the rate Yuuma is changing he might be the next Mr. Ral.

He got the itchy butt too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eej posted:

He got the itchy butt too...

And did the "So this is youth..." line as well. AND he's the most likely to stay single at 35+.

• Locked thread