Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Scyantific posted:

Apparently The original Flash pilot script was chock full of DC references, including:
Green Lantern, more Grodd, and Stargirl!

Oh man, those references would've been amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I like them for the implication that Hal Jordan is dead in this universe.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
John Stewart Diggle inshallah

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Scyantific posted:

Hahaha it's like the showrunners sat down, looked at their list of people to cast, and just said "gently caress it, cast anyone who was in Spartacus."

I mean this in a good way, obviously.

E: Apparently The original Flash pilot script was chock full of DC references, including:
Green Lantern, more Grodd, and Stargirl!

gently caress yay, Star Girl. I"m pitching my Stargirl plot right now.

She's Ted Knights Grand daughter, who was a brilliant scientist who worked on the atomic bomb but went crazy when he thought about all those he hurt and later developed the gravity rod technology as a way to make up for it but could never get it to work. He had two sons David and Jack (who will be Courtney's absent father unless Johns can talk Robinson in to let him appear which is unlikely given he has appeared once since he's series ended) . Ted will be dead but David kept working on it and perfected the gravity rod tech and Courtney steal it (she's a punk like her Dad) and David becomes her mentor.

I just wrote the Stargirl tv pilot CW.

Also if Jack ever shows up he has perfect his own version which he calls the Cosmic rod (why can't you be a brilliant scientist and art dealer?)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

John Stewart Diggle inshallah

If we can get Ra's al Ghul we can get this. Don't bother trying to tell me otherwise, no matter how logical the argument :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Of course Stargirl is going to show up.

Of course.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

sbaldrick posted:

gently caress yay, Star Girl. I"m pitching my Stargirl plot right now.

She's Ted Knights Grand daughter, who was a brilliant scientist who worked on the atomic bomb but went crazy when he thought about all those he hurt and later developed the gravity rod technology as a way to make up for it but could never get it to work. He had two sons David and Jack (who will be Courtney's absent father unless Johns can talk Robinson in to let him appear which is unlikely given he has appeared once since he's series ended) . Ted will be dead but David kept working on it and perfected the gravity rod tech and Courtney steal it (she's a punk like her Dad) and David becomes her mentor.

I just wrote the Stargirl tv pilot CW.

Also if Jack ever shows up he has perfect his own version which he calls the Cosmic rod (why can't you be a brilliant scientist and art dealer?)

To link it to the other series, she's a bit of a fangirl of the Arrow and the Flash and decides she wants to go bust some heads too. Courtney unknowingly picks up the rod, thinking it's just a fancy blunt object, and while out and about, accidentally activates it.

I don't recall the origin of the rod in the comics in Nu52 beyond that it's especially effective against tech

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Xelkelvos posted:

To link it to the other series, she's a bit of a fangirl of the Arrow and the Flash and decides she wants to go bust some heads too. Courtney unknowingly picks up the rod, thinking it's just a fancy blunt object, and while out and about, accidentally activates it.

I don't recall the origin of the rod in the comics in Nu52 beyond that it's especially effective against tech

And lets go pitch to the CW tomorrow.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
While I'm all for someone doing a Jack Knight Starman televison series, I'd watch the HELL out of that goon-proposed series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Of course Stargirl is going to show up.

Of course.

There's always hope until the episode airs. Stargirl sucks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Deadpool posted:

Geoff Johns is involved she will be part of the show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

Geoff Johns is involved she will be part of the show.

Stop spreading dirty lies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Deadpool posted:

Stop spreading dirty lies.

He is a writer on the Flash and she is based on his dead sister. It is not a dirty lie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

He is a writer on the Flash and she is based on his dead sister. It is not a dirty lie.

Some of us will chose to believe in a much better world where she won't be on the show though. That's the world we deserve.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Is he also involved in the Teen Titans show that is being developed? She could be a series regular over there.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
The people who wanted to see Stargirl in this thread were just joking, right?

If not, go back watch the five or so episodes of Smallville she was in if you want to see her for some reason.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Deadpool posted:

Was Stargirl in JLU? The chick who wore the captain america costume and fought with a staff right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

achillesforever6 posted:

Was Stargirl in JLU? The chick who wore the captain america costume and fought with a staff right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

That's her, yeah. She's a legacy character based on a Golden Age duo with an American flag motif (and Stargirl's debut came in a series called Star and S.T.R.I.P.E.).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
My bigger issue isn't that Johns shoehorns in the character based on his sister into everything, it's that he never DOES anything with her after he does so. Like, her just being there is no more of a tribute than naming Girl On Train "Courtney" would be. If you want it to be more, have her do cool stuff, give her a good, notable story arc.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
New trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ykw3ZsfGNGE

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

CobiWann posted:

While I'm all for someone doing a Jack Knight Starman televison series, I'd watch the HELL out of that goon-proposed series.

Robinson has never let anyone use Jack Knight beyond the non-speaking part in Identity Crisis since the series ends and he even likes Johns (and is pretty much responsible for his career) so it won't happen.

Courtney was interesting towards the end of the JSA run when either Guggenheim or Willingham was writing he.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's kind of creepy at this point.

Edit: There were some talks about actually bringing Jack to the small screen a few years ago, they wanted him on Smallville.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 8, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Who is the new lady?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And in a surprise to exactly no one Cisco continues to rule.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Golden Gilder

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:flashfap:

January 20 come sooner

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Rhyno posted:

And in a surprise to exactly no one Cisco continues to rule.

If you had told me this after seeing the pilot I would've called you a liar, or at least been very surprised.

But yes. Cisco rules.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

sbaldrick posted:

Golden Gilder

Pretty sure a white chick is playing her.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

PaganGoatPants posted:

Who is the new lady?

Peek-a-Boo?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Edit: There were some talks about actually bringing Jack to the small screen a few years ago, they wanted him on Smallville.

Back in the early 2000s when Smallville was new and the same people were working on Birds of Prey, there was talk about the adapting Starman as a third series to be on the WB network. I was a loyal Starman fan (bound the complete series into custom hardcovers, letter columns and all), and I never forgot James Robinson saying that Jonathan Pryce was his casting choice for the Shade, and Tony Harris suggesting Justin Theroux as Jack Knight.

Then Birds of Prey was canceled, the Starman series had ended in 2001, and any talk of preproduction just faded away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Back in the early 2000s when Smallville was new and the same people were working on Birds of Prey, there was talk about the adapting Starman as a third series to be on the WB network. I was a loyal Starman fan (bound the complete series into custom hardcovers, letter columns and all), and I never forgot James Robinson saying that Jonathan Pryce was his casting choice for the Shade, and Tony Harris suggesting Justin Theroux as Jack Knight.

Then Birds of Prey was canceled, the Starman series had ended in 2001, and any talk of preproduction just faded away.

Yup, that's it. Do you remember the other rumored show? A Brave and the Bold series spinning out of BoP starring Ted Kord, Dick Grayson and Tim Drake.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need a show about Tim Drake and Dick Grayson

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rocksicles posted:

I need a show about Tim Drake and Dick Grayson

....being taunted by Damian Wayne? :shobon:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
totes

throw in some Jason Hood for the badguy

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 8, 2015

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yup, that's it. Do you remember the other rumored show? A Brave and the Bold series spinning out of BoP starring Ted Kord, Dick Grayson and Tim Drake.

That's the first I've ever heard about that! Poor Ted always gets screwed out of being on TV... first that, then JLU, and most recently Arrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's been like 12 years since the panel they discussed the BatB at so I'm kind of fuzzy but I think Ollie was gonna be a part of it and possible Conner Hawke as well.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The most important thing about making it Courtney is it helps DC gain in the one area they have Marvel beat, getting female heroes to the screen.

Have they said any more about the horrible Hourman series they pitched?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Surprisingly, this will be the 6th live action Black Canary.

5 if you don't count the weird telepath thing they did with Dinah the Younger on Birds of Prey.

It's only the 2nd Green Arrow, and there's only been like 4 Batmen. Canary being mother/daughter (or sister/sister) thing is a little bit cheating though.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

PaganGoatPants posted:

Who is the new lady?

Might be Linda Park, I think she's supposed to appear soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That is most definitely not Linda Park.

• Locked thread