Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Blechy is killing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Holy poo poo this is fantastic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Add this to the must watch list immediately.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

You can't understand how good this guy is at this unless you've actually tried to play this game

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Blechy killing it for commentary right now.

e: ^^^ yeah this game is loving impossible to play.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i love anime and i love this commentary

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This owns but... when she dies... what the hell is drifting down? I want to say they look like Panties, because :japan: but I hope I'm wrong.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

that was loving hilarious

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
well he beat the estimate. :smug:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

This owns but... when she dies... what the hell is drifting down? I want to say they look like Panties, because :japan: but I hope I'm wrong.

It's her backpack.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Blechy needs to be paid by GDQ because dude is super prepared every time he commentates on a run and seriously enhances the hell out of them. :v:

yeah i was about to say this guy's been hella cool every run he's been doing commentary for and basically interviewing the guy who made within a dark forest

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

Her pink backpack - it's also the one-up item.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Sire Oblivion posted:

It's her backpack you weirdo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Congratulations to anime girl for finding happiness in a door.

Fulla Lizards!
Sep 12, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

It's a backpack

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

PotU posted:

wow an anime game :puke: :throwup:

loving this!!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Sire Oblivion posted:

It's her backpack, I think. (Sick man.)

And yeah, watching a speedrun doesn't really convey how ridiculously hard UK is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you're going to have someone read a script for the commentary I'm pretty sure there's nobody there better suited for it, that was just amazing all around.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
drat, those Japanese deviants are at it again!

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
If y'all like the looks of that game, please go buy Yumi's Odd Odyssey/Umihara Kawase off the 3DS eShop. It's a fantastic game.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Well that was fun. Somehow the run failing spectacularly made it even more fun.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Blechy's voice is loving golden. The man was born to do radio.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Sire Oblivion posted:

jesus christ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ullerrm posted:

It's her backpack, I think. (Sick man.)

It's her...oh you ninja edited. Yes it's her backpack but I was confused at first because it does look like panties if you're not really paying close attention. Given the art style of this game y'all need to stop attacking the dude for thinking that and being confused by it.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Oh wow, I have no idea what to expect in a shovel knight speedrun. I'm really anticipating something amazing.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

ullerrm posted:

And yeah, watching a speedrun doesn't really convey how ridiculously hard UK is.

I have decided that watching someone who knows their poo poo and just destroys a game like that, they seem to make it look so easy.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im that fedora guy just now

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sire Oblivion posted:

You're really loving dumb.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Also, I've been meaning to play Shovel Knight but I've been too busy being lazy lately so I haven't gotten round to it yet. Should I be worried about spoilers?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Countblanc posted:

Congratulations to anime girl for finding happiness in a door.

i wish the same for all humanity

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
If you're not watching tune the gently caress in for Tetris right now.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

see you tomorrow posted:

You can't understand how good this guy is at this unless you've actually tried to play this game

This. I picked up the 3DS title but I assume it's just as balls hard as the SNES game and probably easier.

Kikas posted:

It's her backpack.

I was thinking that but the way it falls through me off. Welp.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

That was so good. :patriot:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Also, I've been meaning to play Shovel Knight but I've been too busy being lazy lately so I haven't gotten round to it yet. Should I be worried about spoilers?

Not really. There's only one real thing to get spoiled on and it's not like you're gonna be playing a game like that for the story.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

They really need to slip in more super short runs like that. Not always feasible, I suppose, especially since they're running behind this year, but having a few people who can drop in to the hooked up system and do a five to ten minute run would be fun. Like Die Hard a few years back...

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
Fucks sake. My modem was force-updated and killed my connection just long enough to miss whatever that was.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

something posted:

Oh wow, I have no idea what to expect in a shovel knight speedrun. I'm really anticipating something amazing.

I don't remember there being any huge glitches, it's just a lot of solid execution and breaking checkpoints for money.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Spoilers, there's a damsel in distress and he rescues her.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tracula posted:

If you're not watching tune the gently caress in for Tetris right now.

yeah I got to watch one of the people running this stream a little bit of practice and holy poo poo

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I don't think the plot is really detailed enough to be a spoiler. If you don't want to see bosses/art assets in advance, that's up to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

there should be another GDQ marathon spun off called Anime Games Done Quick

it'd be worth it alone just to see goons squirm and post poo poo like this

Sire Oblivion posted:

• Locked thread