Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

MrBling posted:

Lollin' a bit at the fact that the Chelsea scheme of buying up all the youth and sending them to Holland backfired and let Leicester sign a promising young striker ahead of them.

There will always be players who don't believe in the Chelsea method(tm). Sometimes you have to let people find their own way to the light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

There will always be players who don't believe in the Chelsea method(tm). Sometimes you have to let people find their own way to the light.

Look at this way, they've successfully cut out that entire part where Chelsea buy the player, don't use him for three years, sell him for cheap and then buy him back for £20m+ when it turns out he was good. Now they can just pay Leicester £30m in two seasons time.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

MrBling posted:

Lollin' a bit at the fact that the Chelsea scheme of buying up all the youth and sending them to Holland backfired and let Leicester sign a promising young striker ahead of them.

He'll go to Chelsea in a year or two probably

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

ephex posted:

but think of all the colour ink cartridges they could buy!

I thought they didn't like the Coloured in Barcelona?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I posted an ITK scoop about messi going to chelsea maybe a year or more ago can anyone with archives find it so i can gloat

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

dxt posted:

I thought they didn't like the Coloured in Barcelona?

The only ink cartridges not coloured are the black ones.

Do you see the issue here?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Suso is off to Milan.

Great job, Liverpool FC.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Xabi posted:

Suso is off to Milan.

Great job, Liverpool FC.

Is that official? I read that Milan was going to pick him up in the summer, but nothing from either club, just journalists and the like. What's he like?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Is that official? I read that Milan was going to pick him up in the summer, but nothing from either club, just journalists and the like. What's he like?

He was good in Spain on loan for a year and has looked like an okay attacking midfielder when I've seen him (which isn't much).

He's been pretty marginalized for his entire Liverpool career so it's very hard to say whether he's actually bad or whether he's just not been played because we don't know how to manage players well.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I always though he looked talented, but he hasn't broken through at all and we have a few young midfielders so I can't pretend that I'm really fussed about him going.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He couldn't handle sitting behind Stevie G anymore.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Always looked like a talented kid and showed more than enough to get more time. But I guess it's better to keep Markovic........

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
He's a great player but maybe a bit slow for the Prem

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
No I'm not talking about Gerrard hahahahahah :smith:

Vod Kanockers
Nov 13, 2010

To think Germans were considered "organized".
Some fat oval office is saying Shaqiri is going to Inter for sure.

He's got some greatest hits.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
tbf a couple of those were pretty close to happening iirc. I think Agger to Barca and ADM to PSG were actual things?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Agger hosed off to the retirement home and Di Maria is at United mate.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

tbf a couple of those were pretty close to happening iirc. I think Agger to Barca and ADM to PSG were actual things?
Well known player goes to rich club with gap in squad?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Agger hosed off to the retirement home and Di Maria is at United mate.

how dare you speak that way about the Danish Superliga

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

how dare you speak that way about the Danish Superliga

Thank u

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Tancredi is less reliable than goal.com

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hegay posted:

Thank u

I forgot your dad pays all their salaries.

Stop payment on Sacha Kljestan's checks thanks.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Falcao to Madrid was 99% done until he ended up at United.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
United have signed Valdes on an 18 month deal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30716222

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

United have signed Valdes on an 18 month deal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30716222

What does this mean for anyone? Is he really going to play for them ever?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

pik_d posted:

What does this mean for anyone? Is he really going to play for them ever?

I would imagine it means Lindegaard will leave.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I would imagine it means Lindegaard will leave.

If he doesn't it will mean De Gea will and that's bad.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I'm sure he will be quite rusty, but that's still a very good signing for a backup, especially if he's been training with the squad for a while. Most teams' second choice keepers are terrifying liabilities, atleast you can put Valdes in a goal and be reasonably confident he'll be okay.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

I forgot your dad pays all their salaries.

Stop payment on Sacha Kljestan's checks thanks.
Wrong bad league

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

R. Mute posted:

Wrong bad league

That's what you think.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

irlZaphod posted:

Tancredi is less reliable than goal.com

He's usually right about Serie A incoming, but that's it.

Speaking of, Diamanti is going on loan to Fiorentina for the rest of the season.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

I'm sure he will be quite rusty, but that's still a very good signing for a backup, especially if he's been training with the squad for a while. Most teams' second choice keepers are terrifying liabilities, atleast you can put Valdes in a goal and be reasonably confident he'll be okay.

I have no idea what you could have possibly seen in him from his time at barcelona that suggested he was competent

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rumour is Bony's being offered some poo poo pay as you play type deal with a low weekly to get around FFP rules. Poor little rich club.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

sassassin posted:

Rumour is Bony's being offered some poo poo pay as you play type deal with a low weekly to get around FFP rules. Poor little rich club.

City have done that now with everyone buy Aguero and Yaya, new signings or with players that have signed new deals. Not exactly pay as you play, but 'lower' basic wage (£70k/w - £90k/w) and then lots of performance related add ons that don't get counted against FFP. Apparently its the same thing Barcelona do, but I don't know how true that is.

Seems ridiculous to be referring to that some as a 'lower' basic wage, but I guess comparatively it is...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

City have done that now with everyone buy Aguero and Yaya, new signings or with players that have signed new deals. Not exactly pay as you play, but 'lower' basic wage (£70k/w - £90k/w) and then lots of performance related add ons that don't get counted against FFP. Apparently its the same thing Barcelona do, but I don't know how true that is.

Seems ridiculous to be referring to that some as a 'lower' basic wage, but I guess comparatively it is...

It means players will get really lovely if they dont play every game. See: Barcelona this season.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

It means players will get really lovely if they dont play every game. See: Barcelona this season.

and will get proper hosed off if the team are doing poo poo.
Although that's their own fault I suppose.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

sassassin posted:

2.5 year contract for Ched. YES! To the 60,000 protestors - clicking on a petition - your lust for vengeance was based on jealousy. Go Ched!

Listen you loons, it doesn't matter what Ched did. He served his time. You are cross because he isn't working in McDonalds. End of. Chuff off. If Ched apologised that wouldn't be good enough for you either. You are used to politicians apologising. Some of us stand strong.

Ched didn't rape a football. Your logic is guardian level.

lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Oldham Athletic decide against signing convicted rapist Ched Evans following "threats to staff and their families"

Are the Ched-haters still going to try to claim the moral high ground?

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sassassin posted:

Are the Ched-haters still going to try to claim the moral high ground?

ludicrous stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Not bold yet, but it's being reported that Shaqiri to Inter is done. €2m loan, €12m mandatory option in June, plus a bonus if Inter qualify for the CL.

• Locked thread