Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

Gold makes things faster? Or just to buy items?

Gold from the orbs makes it faster to get the items than to find the hidden areas and collect them normally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I don't remember being able to color armor when I played.

Extra armors aside.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

I don't remember being able to color armor when I played.

Extra armors aside.

He did a cheat code for that.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

darkwolf220 posted:

Gold makes things faster? Or just to buy items?

They need a certain amount of gold at certain very specific points to buy equipment, so you have to kill the checkpoints to get the gold right there and not waste time digging it out of dirt or whatever.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah this game looks like it appeals a ton of NES/SNES nostalgia but as someone that doesn't care much for it its not very interesting. Its cool to hear the devs encouraging the speed runners so much though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Shovel Knight is a pretty cool game. It's very worth buying if you like platformers.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

So, how long until the Tetris run gets uploaded to Youtube?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tracula posted:

We all loved Boshy and Mario Bros 2/Lost Levels as well.
Nope, I distinctly remember reading bitching about Boshy. Though I really enjoyed both of those a lot. The Lost Levels runner is a really underrated cool dude who should have a larger audience. Has cool overlays on his stream too and is generally just a great streamer. Also has a loving impossible to remember username so I can't tell you.

flatluigi posted:

How does the slow music even happen?
I don't know, but I think with the Touhou game they gave up and just let it happen. So that should show you how that game rates. :ohdear:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I don't remember the Boshy run getting any hate at all, was a loving boss run. The game got a fair bit of goon rage-disdain though.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I just remembered how awesome the Kaizo Mario run was. Lets not forget that one.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Like ten pages late but here to say mother fucker that Tetris block was AMAZING

edit - I want to throw a vote in for the Super Mario World run last night, dude was within striking distance of the WR on a heavily-contested speedrun.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

That would be a brilliant design idea for a AGDQ 2016 shirt if it wasn't for all the trademark/copyright issues.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Smokey the Bear is gonna kick this dude's rear end. He is definitely NOT using proper fire safety. Where are the Proper Fire Safety% runs?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah this game looks like it appeals a ton of NES/SNES nostalgia but as someone that doesn't care much for it its not very interesting. Its cool to hear the devs encouraging the speed runners so much though.

The retro thing is just a nicely pulled off dressing on an extremely tight and well designed platformer. I mean I guess if you don't like platformers sure it's not interesting but. You should

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
How does anyone hate Explodatorium? This is the best level in the game :ohdear:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man this level is really cool but it just really makes me wish this game had modern graphics :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Alright, has any drama happened yet? Has anything really, really cool happened? I watched some chubby black guy play Mario The Lost Levels and he was a whole lot of fun to watch, but that's all I've seen since this started.

e: heard about Pokemon Red plays Twitch already

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

Well, it's an incredibly solid game too. It's hard, but not too hard, you have the choice to use relics (special powers) or only your shovel and it's perfectly possible to complete the game either way. It's an incredibly fair game, if you die it's your own fault. It has amazing music and it actually does the "vintage" style correctly in that they use limited color palettes, etc. and didn't just slap some pixel art on an underlying 3D engine like most everyone else.

I love the game to death, and I'm not even a huge fan of the old Mega Man games etc.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Omnikin posted:

Like ten pages late but here to say mother fucker that Tetris block was AMAZING

edit - I want to throw a vote in for the Super Mario World run last night, dude was within striking distance of the WR on a heavily-contested speedrun.

The whole Mario block was really damned good (we'll just ignore the whimper it went out with)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Internet Kraken posted:

Man this level is really cool but it just really makes me wish this game had modern graphics :v:

Why?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

ok you're just dumb then

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The saddest anime.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

rest in peace, touhou

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
So these fuckin dudes hate Explodatorium and not Iron Whale. I am disappointed in this run so far (even though it's really loving good).

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

Alright, has any drama happened yet? Has anything really, really cool happened? I watched some chubby black guy play Mario The Lost Levels and he was a whole lot of fun to watch, but that's all I've seen since this started.

Some guys played Tetris for a while. It's better than it sounds.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

more like bluetrash

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Because I don't have much nostalgia for old NES/SNES games or their music.

Your Computer posted:

Well, it's an incredibly solid game too. It's hard, but not too hard, you have the choice to use relics (special powers) or only your shovel and it's perfectly possible to complete the game either way. It's an incredibly fair game, if you die it's your own fault. It has amazing music and it actually does the "vintage" style correctly in that they use limited color palettes, etc. and didn't just slap some pixel art on an underlying 3D engine like most everyone else.

I love the game to death, and I'm not even a huge fan of the old Mega Man games etc.

I don't get why people think saying you don't care for old game nostalgia means the game is bad. Its a really solid platformer with good design. I mean you can hear the devs doing commentary right now that shows why its well designed.

EDIT: I'll admit though the main reason I don't have nostalgia for this stuff is because I was REALLY loving bad at it as a kid.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Today I learned there's people who don't like Shovel Knight, 2015 sucks

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

deadpan posted:

That would be a brilliant design idea for a AGDQ 2016 shirt if it wasn't for all the trademark/copyright issues.

Actually since it's a parody, as long as it doesn't use trademarked words like "Tetris" or "Pacific Rim" it would be fine.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get why people think saying you don't care for old game nostalgia means the game is bad.

I never said that, though? :confused:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I dont know if Shovel Knight could actually work with an updated art style

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

why do you have to have nostalgia to like something

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Internet Kraken posted:

Why would it be improved tho. How having "modern graphics" (these graphics aren't even 16-bit) would make the game better.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

zari-gani posted:

Actually since it's a parody, as long as it doesn't use trademarked words like "Tetris" or "Pacific Rim" it would be fine.

Last minute shirt design!? :dance:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

KKKLIP ART posted:

I dont know if Shovel Knight could actually work with an updated art style

A gritty reboot where Shield Knight lies impaled on Shovel Knight's shovel and, in rage, rips the Enchantress's head off in a bloody mess. Only on Playstation 4.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

zari-gani posted:

Actually since it'd be a parody, as long as it doesn't use trademarked words like "Tetris" or "Pacific Rim" it'd be fine.

Alright, work for me. :)

Already ordered your Kill the Animals shirt, great design.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Dias posted:

The saddest anime.

Look closer...

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Flameingblack posted:

There was some minor drama involving a donation comment in reference to events in Paris being read out on stream and a little bit of a scheduling kerfuffle that resulted in Peaches getting to do his run of Kid Chameleon earier.

and then as far as cool stuff, some guys went Super Saiyan on tetris grand master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dias posted:

Why would it be improved tho. How having "modern graphics" (these graphics aren't even 16-bit) would make the game better.

It means I would like it more personally, which is all I said.

Your Computer posted:

I never said that, though? :confused:

I thought it was implied, sorry.

• Locked thread