Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Oh Lord, they're voice acting....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
alrighty. second i see buff white ginger i'm shuttin this thing off and going to bed.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
I like you, black guy. You're all right.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
"For the record, I don't condone this"

I'm with that guy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

real glad they decided to voice act this embarassing fanfic of a video game

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Safari Disco Lion posted:

As much as I'm enjoying the stream this time, it seems to have a LOT more of my two biggest pet peeves with GDQ events; constant "shoutouts to X!" and awkward nerds trying to be funny with really stupid jokes or puns.

Poor little baby having to listen to people having fun.

That run was cool but this is why most Megaman fangames suck, they all completely miss the point of most the MM games and just put annoying one pixel jumps and retarded GOTCHA deaths, if you notice in the anti grav section the left path near the start led to you dying, that's not challenging that's just stupid.

And this game was worse in the past with its awful checkpoints.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Schwarbage posted:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just tuned back in. Is Mega Man Unlimited a rom hack or something? I thought that was the name of that thing from a couple years ago where you could make and share your own Megaman levels that got aborted for some reason.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Schwarbage posted:

He is LVCreed and he is also a good dude.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Regardless of quality of the games, I am so goddamn sick of this commercial, just have an awkwardly spoken ad instead like turtlebeach

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Pretty sure Megaman lost, so I don't think Dr Wily was foiled.

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

Boxman posted:

So, how long until the Tetris run gets uploaded to Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ouT85htCI Actual content starts at 25 min or so.

DanAdamKOF fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 8, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

raditts posted:

I just tuned back in. Is Mega Man Unlimited a rom hack or something? I thought that was the name of that thing from a couple years ago where you could make and share your own Megaman levels that got aborted for some reason.

Fangame, apparently a pretty hard one at that. Seemed well made though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

darkwolf220 posted:

Pretty sure Megaman lost, so I don't think Dr Wily was foiled.

Hey its gonna take him at least another month to get a new death fortress built.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

raditts posted:

It's a fan-made game.

They're doing Mega Man 1 next, which makes me happy because it's the only one I've ever beaten. (When I was like 12.)

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
In case anyone was wondering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmMispgpUs0

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Brother Entropy posted:

real glad they decided to voice act this embarassing fanfic of a video game

I don't know what people see in Mega Man, anyway. It's a little robot dude that zaps other robot dudes, and people are nuts about tying the plots together and all this dumb crap.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Internet Kraken posted:

Hey its gonna take him at least another month to get a new death fortress built.

It's his own drat fault for insisting that everything looks like cartoon bones.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

I don't know what people see in Mega Man, anyway. It's a little robot dude that zaps other robot dudes, and people are nuts about tying the plots together and all this dumb crap.

'canon' as an idea is basically a terrible invention that ruins nerds' lives, forcing them to tie together decade-old loose ends that even the actual creators stopped giving a poo poo about

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

you kill bosses and take their powers and thats pretty cool

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

Have I shown you my chart that explains the Zelda timeline?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Gamma Nerd posted:

you kill bosses and take their powers and thats pretty cool

Well no I get the appeal of the gameplay, my issue is less about the cannon and more about the canon :downsrim:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I might be wrong but I think the Megaman X games and beyond started trying to have real stories beyond "Wily makes robots to be bad", and that's where most of the terrible fan stories came from. The stories are still terrible but in a way that appeals to nerds with bad taste I guess.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Brother Entropy posted:

'canon' as an idea is basically a terrible invention that ruins nerds' lives, forcing them to tie together decade-old loose ends that even the actual creators stopped giving a poo poo about

Everyone needs a hobby, I guess

But seriously guys, everything's equally fictional, after all. :shrug:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I might be wrong but I think the Megaman X games and beyond started trying to have real stories beyond "Wily makes robots to be bad", and that's where most of the terrible fan stories came from. The stories are still terrible but in a way that appeals to nerds with bad taste I guess.

Yeah but there's nothing in that fangame that's worse than some of the poo poo they did in later X games

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

holy poo poo lol.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Random Stranger posted:

Have I shown you my chart that explains the Zelda timeline?

You mean this one?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SWMadness posted:

everything's equally fictional, after all. :shrug:

I'm not.

Or am I?

Rirse posted:

You mean this one?

Mine has more circles. And a timecube.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea Nintendo released an actual zelda timeline

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

BIG JON ON THE COUCH.

Everybody get hype!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Big Jon doing the countdown!!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Eonwe posted:

yea Nintendo released an actual zelda timeline

It's funny cause for years they said there wasn't one, then came up with their own bullshit when

BIG JON

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Big Jon hype

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

We got $27 from AwesomeGamer90. Hey guys long time watcher, I'm enjoying things this year. An additional $10 will come if no one says "HYYEEEEPPPP" for the rest of the week. Keep it up guys, good luck.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my bro big jon commentating

aw yea

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

big jon and duckfist on the couch, this is officially the best agdq

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
He's back. Bless you Big Jon

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
AMERICA! :911:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
he just hit DelayWaterCurrent real time, nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E