Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Execellent, I've waited since season 2 for the show to finally get into the Diggle, Bing, H.I.V........E. mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Sincerely hope the HIVE involvement is just Queen Bee showing up and giving Diggle poo poo for using Bing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

dordreff posted:

Sincerely hope the HIVE involvement is just Queen Bee showing up and giving Diggle poo poo AIDS for using Bing.

Fixed.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
This interview is old but I just noticed something.

quote:

Arrow is no slouch in hand-to-hand combat. He’s held his own, and even bested, such expert fighters as China White, Malcolm Merlyn and Slade Wilson. Oliver has obviously received extensive training and will be mastering another martial art soon.

“One of the cool things we are going to do this year is we have never, in the present day, seen Oliver learn anything new, except maybe how to smile more. In terms of combat, Oliver is going to learn something new this year, which I’m very excited about.”

Who's gonna teach him how to fight and what martial art is he gonna learn?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Eddain posted:

Ollie sighs and draws his katana.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eddain posted:

The little understood martial art of making your enemy poo poo himself when you grab the blade of their sword with your bare hand and go :stare: at them.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The little understood martial art of making your enemy poo poo himself when you grab the blade of their sword with your bare hand and go :stare: at them. smashing clay pots

I believe you mean this

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Eddain posted:

He's going to watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and learn the simple truth of martial arts

http://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Azhais posted:

He's going to watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and learn the simple truth of martial arts

http://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE

That's from Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's even in the video title. Pull yourself together, man, lives are at stake here.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

No fuckin way, there is a Dr. Bong? That loving owns.

Wrong comic universe though. Although, it could be fun to watch Arrow team up with Howard the Duck to fight Dr. Bong, I don't see the show going that way.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 7, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Eddain posted:

Thea's DJ not boyfriend is going to teach him how to drop some killer beats.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Jerusalem posted:

The little understood martial art of making your enemy poo poo himself when you grab the blade of their sword with your bare hand and go :stare: at them.

I'm pretty sure Oliver was the one that went :stare:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ugh i seriously thought this was on again tonight :( . What episode should I watch in rememberance?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The last three.

Love the scrunt av.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm pretty sure Oliver was the one that went :stare:

It was more :stonk: on his behalf.

That duel was so much better than I thought it was going to be.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Hollismason posted:

Ugh i seriously thought this was on again tonight :( . What episode should I watch in rememberance?

The one where Felicity is a goth. The all black is appropriate now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hey it's a promo for Episode 10, now with 100% more Vinnie Jones!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ScGQ_4wxAk

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Scyantific posted:

Hey it's a promo for Episode 10, now with 100% more Vinnie Jones!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ScGQ_4wxAk

Interesting that we look to be in for some Atom suit prototyping, a la Iron Man. I was kinda thinking they'd use the 5 week time lapse to show him already suited up after the winter break.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nice shot of Laurel in there. I'm getting real excited.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crunk Abortion posted:

Interesting that we look to be in for some Atom suit prototyping, a la Iron Man. I was kinda thinking they'd use the 5 week time lapse to show him already suited up after the winter break.

A major time jump wouldn't make sense to me thematically since we'd be skipping past the important mourning period and especially how Team Arrow handles Thea. And it would skip past the immediate "What now?" for Team Arrow.

I think the way to go if I was the show runner would be to do the next episode as immediate fallout and mourning. End with Team Arrow vowing to carry on Oliver's legacy, Ray getting his first Atom prototype going, and Oliver rising from the dead.

Then with the next episode skip ahead a month or two or three. Team Arrow is working out the kinks with Roy in the green hood and Laurel as Canary. Ray is working out the kinks of his armor and trying to get it into a practical form. The new crime fighters of Starling City are struggling. Meanwhile Oliver is recovering and finally able to start training. We find out who saved him and what kind of state he's in. Episode ends with Team Arrow and Atom getting their poo poo together as Ollie starts to get his poo poo together.

Then skip ahead another couple of months for the next episode. Team Arrow and Atom are pulling it together and managing to move past Ollie and to the future. Then boom, episode ends with Olliver returning to Starling City to find he's been replaced, not just by his own team but Atom.

So I'd probably be cool with condensing as much as six months into the next few episodes as everyone recovers, but I think for the next episode we need to start up right where we left off to get the important character and motivation stuff as well as the awesome visual of Oliver rising from a Lazarus Pit.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
If we're in for time lapses they'll probably come in montage form rather than episode - lapse - episode. Major lapses between weekly episodes would be super jarring.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
The trailer for the midseason premiere of The Flash gaves us our first look at Pied Piper, so I guess our douchey DJ is out of the running for that position.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STAC Goat posted:

A major time jump wouldn't make sense to me thematically since we'd be skipping past the important mourning period and especially how Team Arrow handles Thea. And it would skip past the immediate "What now?" for Team Arrow.

Arrow has always had its own time sync up with real world time so 5 week break for us = 5 weeks pass for the characters. I expect we'll jump in on them searching for Ollie who they think is just missing

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

high six posted:

The trailer for the midseason premiere of The Flash gaves us our first look at Pied Piper, so I guess our douchey DJ is out of the running for that position.

There's still music meister. Although in all probability Merlyn is going to kill him so Thea can realize just how much of a oval office Merlyn is.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 8, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That would be points in his favor though.

Reality
Sep 26, 2010
We are going to see what happened after he got stabbed 5 seasons from now in a flashback. He'll just be back to arrow-rapelling up buildings or whatever next episode.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

That would be points in his favor though.

Oliver is starting to come around to Malcolm

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
When are we back on air?

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Mr Beens posted:

When are we back on air?

Two more weeks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mr Beens posted:

When are we back on air?

Flash Jan 20, Arrow Jan 21

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Have another promo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Unless the entire sentence Malcolm was saying is "Oliver Queen is dead but I am bringing him back in 3 episodes", I don't see how that scene doesn't end with Diggle filling his face with bullets while Roy flips around.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I have given orders to several very expensive hitmen to kill your wife and daughter if I don't call them off in the next 24 hours, Mr Diggle, so I suggest you put the gun down and let me leave you to your grief."

Alternatively, he's a ninja.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
It's apparently possible that Supergirl, despite airing on CBS, will be able to crossover with Arrow and Flash. Awesome.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Unless the entire sentence Malcolm was saying is "Oliver Queen is dead but I am bringing him back in 3 episodes", I don't see how that scene doesn't end with Diggle filling his face with bullets while Roy flips around.

Eh.

"It was Oliver's choice to face Ra's to protect Thea. If you do anything to me I've made sure that the truth will get to Ra's. Will you let Oliver die in vain and make Thea suffer?"

Merlyn's safe until someone convinces Ra's to pardon Thea.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sober posted:

It's apparently possible that Supergirl, despite airing on CBS, will be able to crossover with Arrow and Flash. Awesome.

If they do, I hope they let the Arrow/Flash people write it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Aphrodite posted:

If they do, I hope they let the Arrow/Flash people write it.
Berlanti and co. are actually doing Supergirl anyway so...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You'd have to work in the "Look! Up in the sky!" bit somewhere.

And I kinda want the crossover to happen if only so they ditch the idea of Superman already existing in the Supergirl show. It's a fresher idea if she's the first one.
(Well, OK, Smallville technically did it, but... y'know... Smallville)

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I like Roy as a character - theres a lot of potential for him there and maybe i'm just a sucker for sidekicks in general (Off hand the only super hero movie that had a sidekick in recently was captain america 1).

But I also think its great that Roy's main trait at the moment is useless flipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Supergirl first episode will just be an hourlong FOX news talking heads report with them all yelling about how American morals are disappearing with the coming of aliens, and how the Founding Fathers didn't want to give even normal women the right to vote, so this one that flies around should be put to death. Also, look at her breasts.

• Locked thread