Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
i only keep tortoise shells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
speaking of tortillas, what the gently caress are these abominations?

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

thanks for responding.

i am of the paranoid opinion that the whole thing is some astroturf push for deregulation, explaining the lack of opposition, but thats just me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sniep posted:

ya i was the one originally to hit back after darwin edited it out and grab it from my browser cache and rehost it.

just giving back to the community

Thank you.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
myself, I am eating a gas station taquito

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
all my best posts come from the gas station, the gas station being my b hole and its main product being foul smelling air

Metrication fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 7, 2015

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

myself, I am eating a gas station taquito
gay subculture slang just keeps getting weirder and weirder

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Main Paineframe posted:

the system is slow and generally quite generous to businesses, doesn't usually have a "gently caress this, they're blatantly flaunting the law, let's skip all warnings and notice periods and just bring down the hammer" option, and uber hasn't really been around THAT long

the system is generally ill equipped to quickly deal with a company or person that is both acting in bad faith and ultimately has zero intention of following the law because they don't believe that the law applies to them at all.

uber is the sovereign citizen of the business world.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sniep posted:

i'll be the canned nacho cheese sauce

I worked at an amusement park

The nacho cheese starts out as (1, 2, 5)-gallon bags of alginate solution, a clear flavorless gel made from kelp with the consistency of snot

You manhandle this thing into the machine and a thing punches it open to spill out into a vat

Then you add a measured amount of orange milk solids powder and the machine stirs it for a while and heats it up: nacho cheese sauce

there is another machine where you put in the alginate and dump in vanilla flavored milk solids instead and the mixture is refrigerated: soft-serve ice cream

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Food science is hosed up

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sniep posted:

speaking of tortillas, what the gently caress are these abominations?

looks like pita after date with a foot

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

The nacho cheese starts out as (1, 2, 5)-gallon bags of alginate solution, a clear flavorless gel made from kelp with the consistency of snot

You manhandle this thing into the machine and a thing punches it open to spill out into a vat

Then you add a measured amount of orange milk solids powder and the machine stirs it for a while and heats it up: nacho cheese sauce

there is another machine where you put in the alginate and dump in vanilla flavored milk solids instead and the mixture is refrigerated: soft-serve ice cream

is it the same goo from the beginning? If so, that's loving awesome

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Syncopated posted:

fake ice cream is horrible

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Syncopated posted:

Yeah, exactly the same bags go in both machines. One gets cheese powder and hot, the other gets vanilla or chocolate powder and cold.

There may have been other products at the park also made with an alginate base (milkshakes seem like a good bet) but those were the only two I was familiar with.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Sagebrush posted:

nice classist bullshit story that i've heard a billion times on the internet

processed nacho cheese sauce does contain sodium alginate, true. but it's like 0.5% to 1% of the product

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
foodchat is the most obnoxious thing in yospos because it's a bunch of fat fuckers lf'ing about idiot poors and their lovely food choices while they shovel calories into their face

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

uncurable mlady posted:

foodchat is the most obnoxious thing in yospos because it's a bunch of fat fuckers lf'ing about idiot poors and their lovely food choices while they shovel calories into their face

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

i enjoy eating tasty things some times

yospos judges me for it

tori assumes im fat or something

the cycle will continue as it always has

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
reminder that gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins and you will spend eternity burning in the LAKE OF FIRE for your corpulent indulgence

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Mr Dog posted:

reminder that gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins and you will spend eternity burning in the LAKE OF FIRE for your corpulent indulgence

gently caress yeah that osunds like a lot like my favorite video game as of late: Dark Souls

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i should probably play ds1 at some point but i'm still not bored of ds2 yet

pls send help

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Mr Dog posted:

i should probably play ds1 at some point but i'm still not bored of ds2 yet

pls send help

sit down and play through ds1 its so so so so ownage

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

tech bubel status:

spotted in SF by a fb friend:

lol if your city is so fuckin infested with tech scourge that companies put fuckin niche rear end service training ads/awareness on delivery vehicles that are decorated in really bad pixel art

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

uncurable mlady posted:

Never forget the six hour rant about how horrible McDonald's is from a bunch of people who eat bacon-covered 1900 calorie burgers on the reg.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

uncurable mlady posted:

only the finest raw fish and rawdog cocks passes my lips

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

cylindrical food best food

pizza is a cylinder

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sniep posted:

ya i was the one originally to hit back after darwin edited it out and grab it from my browser cache and rehost it.

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

wt

theadder fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 8, 2015

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

fritz posted:

pizza is a cylinder

as are burritos.

checks out imo.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

currently in a burrito coma and can concur

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

when i like to indulge on my way home from college i go to a takeaway pasta place where i get chicken pesto and wholegrain penne

it's great and cheaper than mcd's

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

uncurable mlady posted:

nice classist bullshit story that i've heard a billion times on the internet

processed nacho cheese sauce does contain sodium alginate, true. but it's like 0.5% to 1% of the product

next ask him to tell you the story about the native african tribe. they have one great trick for dealing with criminals that you just won't believe!

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

made from kelp

so what you're saying is that nacho cheese and soft serve ice cream are vegetables

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the midwest sucks

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
fuckin uber, man... drat.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

next ask him to tell you the story about the native african tribe. they have one great trick for dealing with criminals that you just won't believe!

they beat the person and/or drag them to a public meeting with the headman/chief and then likely take them to the police if possible

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

they beat the person and/or drag them to a public meeting with the headman/chief and then likely take them to the police if possible

beaten before the cops are involved? i just don't believe it

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

but what if they do not consent to joinder under admiralty law?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I found the post

Sagebrush posted:

dr. dad, a psychiatrist who specializes in terminal illness and grief and dying (hella fun job right) sometimes talks about an african tribe that i can't remember the name of and how they handle murder. it's a tribe that breaks up into nomadic groups that are small enough that every person is valuable to the group, so they can't afford to go killing people over little slights here and there.

so what they do is if there's a murder, they will go on a hunt and capture the murderer and bring him back and tie him up in one of the tents. they keep him there for some length of time -- several months to a year. they feed him and keep him alive, but they don't let him interact with the rest of the community. meanwhile the victim's family grieves and goes through that whole process.

after the time is up, they take the murderer and tie him hand and foot and put him in a boat. with the victim's family beside him, they row him out into the lake and dump him in. at that point the victim's family may decide what to do. they can let him drown, or they can jump in and haul him out. no one will fault them for going either way. if the murderer is saved he is welcomed back and the crime is not spoken of again; the victim's own family has forgiven him and their grief is over. on the other hand, if he is not saved, it is understood that the victim's family needed that act of ultimate justice, but also that their grief will never end. life goes on and the matter is concluded one way or another.

i think it's a good way to handle it.

Sagebrush posted:

"hahaha, guys, ok. guys. ok guys shut up. ok that was a good story, but you know, that's not actually how it is in reality. the reality is much more boring and far less intriguing to contemplate. and furthermore, your framing device implies a subtle racism." *sits back smugly, tilts fedora, drags on e-cig*

hi sagebrush

ps new forums search rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Sniep posted:

Nice!

• Locked thread