Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Is it "Addicted to Love" where they just spend 90 minutes making GBS threads on Matthew Broderick? If so, that's my favorite.

Or the Ewok movie with Wilford Brimley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love the Halloween 3 episode, and can listen to that one over and over. The exploits of Tom Atkins, the "ninja of drinking" will never not be funny. The Ghostbusters 2 episode s really good too because they do a great job of breaking down why the movie doesn't work.

Speaking of WHM, Jingle All The Way 2 is on TV right now, and man the episode didn't do justice to how aggressively unfunny this movie is. The dialog is like one step away from just turning to the camera and flat-out telling you every plot point as it happens.

e: I spoke too soon. Larry just said a plot point right into the camera.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 25, 2014

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

weekly font posted:

Cabin haters should probably listen to the new mailbag episode. Holy moly he owns it.

I guess I must have missed that part.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love that Steve is a big enough comics nerd to know who Cassandra Nova is, but still confuses telepathy with telekinesis.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

OldTennisCourt posted:

What is everyone's pick for funniest WHM episode? Cartoon All Stars is a very strong contender "HEY CAT, I'LL TEAR YOUR GOD drat THROAT OUT. GOT ANY MONEY FOR A VETERAN!?" but Tuff Turf may beat it out if only for Jack Mack :allears:.

I go hard for Dracula 2000 and its hypothesis on how monsters are made.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

weekly font posted:

I go hard for Dracula 2000 and its hypothesis on how monsters are made.

I have no clue why but them just randomly using the Cloverfield monster in there kills me every loving time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

After a recent relisten I think "One Magic Christmas" is the densest with laughs. All three hosts are on fire there.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
The funniest instance of monsters on WHM is in Star Wars episode one when Eric is talking about the monster senate and how the Hamburger Helper glove wouldn't be out of place.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Godzilla and Addicted to Love are amazing if only for the Matthew Broderick impressions

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

radlum posted:

Godzilla and Addicted to Love are amazing if only for the Matthew Broderick impressions

They make him sound like such a miserable sad sack piece of poo poo. I love it.

Tuff Turf is good too, also any episode with Wilford Brimley, especially the stupid Ewok movie that he's in and Cocoon.

If you haven't listened to The Wrong Guys, check it out. It's an early episode so it's shorter than most of their other episodes but any chance to bag on Louie Anderson, it's a good companion to the most recent Animation Damnation.

And I think my favorite episode about a stupid horror movie has to be Chopping Mall especially for their impressions of the robot at college.

And any episode that involves young Steve is great too. Such a nerdlinger.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I still think Mortal Kombat is my favorite episode. The Raiden/Triumph the Insult Comic Dog impression was great, and I completely lost it at them talking about the Mortal Kombat themed resort.

"Scorpion's Fire Grill, it'll have you be saying, 'Get over here!'."

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This week's Flophouse makes you really sympathize with Dan towards the end.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Yeah, the mask really slips on that one. Though, my god, that bit was not funny enough (i.e., at all) to go that long.

EDIT: The bit I'm thinking of wasn't actually the last straw, but he was slowly losing it in the run up.

radlum
May 13, 2013

The Modern Leper posted:

Yeah, the mask really slips on that one. Though, my god, that bit was not funny enough (i.e., at all) to go that long.

EDIT: The bit I'm thinking of wasn't actually the last straw, but he was slowly losing it in the run up.

Yeah, the Julie Andrews bit wasn't funny at all, but I love it when Dan just loses it. I guess Dan doesn't want to play up the "boring average human" character he has, but Elliot and Stuart are very good at bringing it back, Dan just can't help it. This is second only behind the time Stuart and Elliot kept interrupting him while he was trying to promote a charity his wife worked for.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Are episodes of WHM before #101 not on iTunes?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
No, for some reason they had an issue where their RSS feed wouldn't let them add new episodes until they deleted old ones from it. But all they old episodes are in their website: https://www.whmpodcast.com

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They've also mentioned that they can't put the back catalog on iTunes because they used to use music they didn't have rights to for episode intros and outros.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Fezz posted:

No, for some reason they had an issue where their RSS feed wouldn't let them add new episodes until they deleted old ones from it. But all they old episodes are in their website: https://www.whmpodcast.com

Yeah, it's a limit that some RSS readers (like Feedburner) put on RSS feeds where they have to stay below a certain size. We have to do it for ours too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Are there any bad movie video series like Best of the Worst out there? I like the whole panel/discussion aspect they have going on over the (sadly) more common "one person talking to the camera and cracking bad jokes between clips" format.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Do you guys talk about flop house in this thread? If so who else is going to their live ep...

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Fezz posted:

They make him sound like such a miserable sad sack piece of poo poo. I love it.

Tuff Turf is good too, also any episode with Wilford Brimley, especially the stupid Ewok movie that he's in and Cocoon.

If you haven't listened to The Wrong Guys, check it out. It's an early episode so it's shorter than most of their other episodes but any chance to bag on Louie Anderson, it's a good companion to the most recent Animation Damnation.

And I think my favorite episode about a stupid horror movie has to be Chopping Mall especially for their impressions of the robot at college.

And any episode that involves young Steve is great too. Such a nerdlinger.

chopping mall I've listen to three times. Eric/steve/andrew are my fqavorite trio of the bunch. Hilarious and they play off each other very well. ANy other suggestions with just those three?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I actually tracked down and watched Chopping Mall after that episode. If I remember the reason the kids didn't try and contact the police/anyone at all outside the mall was because they were afraid of having to pay for the damages and getting sued. This is brought up after a few of their friends have been horribly killed. It should also be noted that they aren't technically trespassing either as at least half of them are employees of one of the stores and they were staying within that store until the robots got kill happy.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

ChristianDB posted:

chopping mall I've listen to three times. Eric/steve/andrew are my fqavorite trio of the bunch. Hilarious and they play off each other very well. ANy other suggestions with just those three?
Today's ep is pretty great, I love when they get into monster lore.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Unless there's a wiki on the show they don't list who's in the episodes so it's hard to recommend based on the hosts. You'll just have to accept that Chris is a part of the show. I think you're missing out if you turn the episode off of it's not the host combo you like.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I have my WHM podcasts in different subfolders based on the hosts, these are in my Andrew/Eric/Steve episodes. This isn't all of them though, I'm missing a bunch.

Abraxas Guardian of the Universe.mp3
Batman Forever.mp3
Bordello Of Blood.mp3
CHUD 2 Bud the CHUD.mp3
Captain America (1990).mp3
Cats Eye.mp3
Cocoon.mp3
Congo.mp3
CopAnd1 2.mp3
Dracula 2000.mp3
Dreamcatcher.mp3
FreeEnterprise.mp3
Freejack.mp3
Friday The 13th - A New Beginning.mp3
Godzilla.mp3
Gymkata.mp3
Hider In The House.mp3
Invisible Child.mp3
Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday.mp3
Jaws TheRevenge.mp3
Johnny Mnemonic.mp3
Judge Dredd.mp3
KillCrazy.mp3
Mortal Kombat.mp3
OneMagicChristmas.mp3
Phantom Menace.mp3
S.W.A.T..mp3
Silver Bullet.mp3
StarTrekInsurrection.mp3
Superman 3.mp3
Swordfish.mp3
The Battle For Endor.mp3
The Day After Tomorrow.mp3
The Ewok Adventure.mp3
The Good Son.mp3
The Net.mp3
The New Adventures Of Pippi Longstocking.mp3
The Substitute.mp3
TheConqueror.mp3
TheGlassHouse.mp3
TheMatingHabitsOfTheEarthboundHuman.mp3
Timecop.mp3
Tooth Fairy 2.mp3
Wild in the Streets.mp3

I bolded some of the ones that stand out as extra funny to me but they're mostly all good. I relistened to Silver Bullet and The Day After Tomorrow recently and they were both great.

edit: list is definitely missing Canvas, for example, which is another must-listen

Ror fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 8, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They're definitely going to do Transcendence, there's no way Steve is going to let that one slide by.

ACS
Apr 30, 2009

Ror posted:

I have my WHM podcasts in different subfolders based on the hosts, these are in my Andrew/Eric/Steve episodes. This isn't all of them though, I'm missing a bunch.

Abraxas Guardian of the Universe.mp3
Batman Forever.mp3
Bordello Of Blood.mp3
CHUD 2 Bud the CHUD.mp3
Captain America (1990).mp3
Cats Eye.mp3
Cocoon.mp3
Congo.mp3
CopAnd1 2.mp3
Dracula 2000.mp3
Dreamcatcher.mp3
FreeEnterprise.mp3
Freejack.mp3
Friday The 13th - A New Beginning.mp3
Godzilla.mp3
Gymkata.mp3
Hider In The House.mp3
Invisible Child.mp3
Jason Goes to Hell - The Final Friday.mp3
Jaws TheRevenge.mp3
Johnny Mnemonic.mp3
Judge Dredd.mp3
KillCrazy.mp3
Mortal Kombat.mp3
OneMagicChristmas.mp3
Phantom Menace.mp3
S.W.A.T..mp3
Silver Bullet.mp3
StarTrekInsurrection.mp3
Superman 3.mp3
Swordfish.mp3
The Battle For Endor.mp3
The Day After Tomorrow.mp3
The Ewok Adventure.mp3
The Good Son.mp3
The Net.mp3
The New Adventures Of Pippi Longstocking.mp3
The Substitute.mp3
TheConqueror.mp3
TheGlassHouse.mp3
TheMatingHabitsOfTheEarthboundHuman.mp3
Timecop.mp3
Tooth Fairy 2.mp3
Wild in the Streets.mp3

I bolded some of the ones that stand out as extra funny to me but they're mostly all good. I relistened to Silver Bullet and The Day After Tomorrow recently and they were both great.

edit: list is definitely missing Canvas, for example, which is another must-listen

All the ones with Wilford Brimley should be bolded 100%. Those are audio gold!

ACS
Apr 30, 2009

Fezz posted:

Unless there's a wiki on the show they don't list who's in the episodes so it's hard to recommend based on the hosts. You'll just have to accept that Chris is a part of the show. I think you're missing out if you turn the episode off of it's not the host combo you like.

Meh, Chris can be good at times, but what you say in generally true.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So with the clue for next week being "Old New York", what is everyone thinking? It has to be Winter's Tale, right? That movie is a confusing nightmare.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
^^^^Winter's Tale is what I immediately though of.

I've only listened to a handful of WHM episodes and I can't even tell them all apart, let alone dislike one of them enough to shun episodes with them on it...

Is there an easy way to batch download the old episodes from the WHM website, or do I need to do it by hand?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brocktoon posted:

^^^^Winter's Tale is what I immediately though of.

I've only listened to a handful of WHM episodes and I can't even tell them all apart, let alone dislike one of them enough to shun episodes with them on it...

Is there an easy way to batch download the old episodes from the WHM website, or do I need to do it by hand?

I don't think there's a way to batch download, but you can get their app for like $2 and not have to download anything.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gyges posted:

I don't think there's a way to batch download, but you can get their app for like $2 and not have to download anything.

You will also get extra stuff like animation damnation.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

thrawn527 posted:

So with the clue for next week being "Old New York", what is everyone thinking? It has to be Winter's Tale, right? That movie is a confusing nightmare.

I just read the Wikipedia plot summary for this and what the gently caress? I think they were going for a fairy tale sort of thing, but that just reads like a mess.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

God, I hope they do Men, Women & Children. That movie looked like a REAL piece of poo poo and something WHM could have a lot of fun with.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Winter's Tale is a "fantasy realism" story and the novel was over 650 pages. The problem, of course, is that you can't really take a novel that huge that needs a lot of worldbuilding and explanation and just condense it down to a two-hour film and not expect a lot of poo poo to get lost in translation.

I really hope they're doing it next; the entire HDTGM for this movie was them just trying to figure out the plot.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

bobkatt013 posted:

You will also get extra stuff like animation damnation.

Is the iOS app different from the Android version? Mine only goes back to where they had to cut off the RSS feed.

I didn't even think about Winter's Tale, but that's a strong contender. I think they're gonna have a lot of fun with the Will Smith cameo. Hope there's a mention of Li'l General.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Evil Mastermind posted:

I really hope they're doing it next; the entire HDTGM for this movie was them just trying to figure out the plot.

Yeah, but HDTGM spend most of their podcasts trying to figure out the plot of the movie. They're funny, but they're definitely the most pronounced "we barely pay attention while watching these movies" crew that does movie podcasts.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm surprised no one on the I, Frankenstein podcast knew about the planned Avengers-esque shared universe the movie was supposed to kickstart, other than the Seline thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I'm surprised no one on the I, Frankenstein podcast knew about the planned Avengers-esque shared universe the movie was supposed to kickstart, other than the Seline thing.

I am pretty sure that was Dracula Untold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Dracula Untold (actually not too bad a movie) was/is meant to basically reboot the 'monster classics'..