Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Is Valkyr any good nowadays? I just picked the game back up and a ton seems to have changed since the last time I played it a year ago, and she was a character I really liked in Theory but seemed mostly terrible (melee in general was quite bad at the time) .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like Valkyr. She's pretty durable, and her ult Hysteria is perfect for long rear end survival missions to rez people. Melee can totally wreck poo poo, it's just not as efficient as some of the endgame rifles.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Naturally Selected posted:

Still better than Hydro, though. HAY LOOK TORNADOES I AM HELPING YOU NOT HIT poo poo ALL. :downsgun:

Zephyr has the tornadoes and is good. Hydroid has the tentacles and can turn into a puddle, he's medicore.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was running Seimeni with a pub Zephyr last night and it was terrible. The end of each round had us running around trying to hunt down the last few monsters that got flung to god knows where by the tornados.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Isn't Valkyr still basically immortal with the energy from health damage mod?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I mostly play Saryn these days. Have her modded up to spam Miasma over and over again with reduced duration. That's how she works right? Low duration makes it even stronger?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Zephyr has the tornadoes and is good. Hydroid has the tentacles and can turn into a puddle, he's medicore.

I still can't tell most frames for poo poo :downs: Zephyr is pretty cool outside of that tornado thing, though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Argas posted:

I mostly play Saryn these days. Have her modded up to spam Miasma over and over again with reduced duration. That's how she works right? Low duration makes it even stronger?

Not stronger but kills poo poo faster. The constant is total damage, so it adjusts damage per tick to compensate for reduced duration.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Kyte posted:

Not stronger but kills poo poo faster. The constant is total damage, so it adjusts damage per tick to compensate for reduced duration.

Technically it's higher DPS since she couldn't cast Miasma again if it's still active. Short duration Miasma means she can spam it more.

Zephyr is great if you hate trying to parkour since you can FLLLYYYYY. Also, "what bullets? Those things buzzing around me and not doing much?"

Hydroid may not be much help but at least he's doing his own thing.

Limbo can actually screw up group play either intentionally or by accident. His only use is Riftwalking and reviving fallen allies with impunity. But this is upset now that Nekros can zap-punch you back to life from a distance. Although I once saw a Limbo acting like Loki's Decoy except unkillable. Like, standing in a spot and make the enemies shoot him. It's interesting but also depressing. He's most useful when he's just standing there and not do much.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Limbo's pretty great if everyone knows what they're doing. Being rifted restores your energy over time, so he's great with power heavy characters as powers ignore the rift plane mechanic and affect everyone.

It's also great to cast banish on someone trying to carry around datamasses. :v:

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Limbo's pretty great if everyone knows what they're doing. Being rifted restores your energy over time, so he's great with power heavy characters as powers ignore the rift plane mechanic and affect everyone.

It's also great to cast banish on someone trying to carry around datamasses. :v:

He combos well with Volt, since shots fired through Volt Shield affect enemies in both realms. Which means Volt lets you shoot out of Cataclysm! Woo.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Brainbread posted:

He combos well with Volt, since shots fired through Volt Shield affect enemies in both realms. Which means Volt lets you shoot out of Cataclysm! Woo.
I keep meaning to try and put together a 2x limbo + 1x volt + 1x idk group. I have my volt formad so shock trooper gives an extra 200% lightning damage, and limbo+volt should let you have 300k+ white hits with synoid gammacor at ~50m or like 150k-200k white hits with quanta. I can only imagine how much an opticor would do. Soma Prime is probably pretty beastly also.

The only nerd thing about it is we need to get 4x corrosive projection and people to slot some combination of viral / heat or slash (if applicable to the weapon) on the limbo weapons.

I am pretty sure shooting through volt shield out of cata only works with hitscan weapons as well, and it doesn't hit nullifier shields so that's awkward.

When we tested it without shock trooper / without proper elements / without much power str on limbo my gammacor was doing over 100k white and 300k+ crits. It was fun.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 8, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The downside is that I find actually playing Limbo to be pretty boring power-wise. Cast Cataclysm, sit around with my thumb up my rear end til it runs out, recast. I mean it helps a group but playing him is pretty dull.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

I played back in may I think, and chose a loki. Only played for a few hours so I've got like 9k credits and it's only level 3. I'm also stuck with all of the original newbie weapons, which I agree completely suck. Is loki valuable enough to keep, or should I just make a new account/character and go excalibur since it didn't actually give me that frame or the new weapons when it put me through the new tutorial?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

The downside is that I find actually playing Limbo to be pretty boring power-wise. Cast Cataclysm, sit around with my thumb up my rear end til it runs out, recast. I mean it helps a group but playing him is pretty dull.
That's why volt is cool. Limbo can use guns from inside cata/rift walk. Another thing to keep busy is to run around outside of cata and kill nullifiers. Works fine as long as you aren't host until wave 30-35, then it gets complicated. If you have a weapon with shred you can abuse the pillars/being on the second floor and shoot through things where enemies won't shoot back using punch through (shred on a primary generally).

With a volt+limbo I'd run limbo with Trans Fort, Blind Rage, Stretch, Streamline, Fleeting, Primed Cont, Natural Talent, Stretch. You need at least -12% range for guys to stand outside for the most part, I run lvl6 narrowminded with lvl3 stretch for -12% exact, but you can have it be a bit more negative I guess. I've been too lazy to pick up a second narrowminded to max. This build also works with the limbo + 2x mesa setup, but your cataclysm duration is a bit shorter. With my crappy narrowminded it's 38s or 42s too lazy to check. It's long enough for a wave pretty much, and as long as you start spamming 4 before it actually cancels it should be up before the pod gets shot. I used to run a normal build with no power str for the mesa strat, but there's no real point.

The added benefit of a slightly larger bubble is the mesas are always inside even when it shrinks, and you have a bit more time to frag the things that run at the pod at higher waves (walkers/ancients mostly). There's no real downside when you're running a strategy where everyone except the people breaking bubble stand inside.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jan 8, 2015

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

A Lamer posted:

I played back in may I think, and chose a loki. Only played for a few hours so I've got like 9k credits and it's only level 3. I'm also stuck with all of the original newbie weapons, which I agree completely suck. Is loki valuable enough to keep, or should I just make a new account/character and go excalibur since it didn't actually give me that frame or the new weapons when it put me through the new tutorial?

The loki is by no means a bad warframe, and neither is the excalibur. The real question is whether you like the loki enough to keep as it is no longer a starter frame, with the three currently avaliable being the Excalibur, Mag, and Volt (Replaces Loki). I'd say keep the account and ask in clan chat for help running missions and doing fun things in order to get out of the starter weapons.

And all the other starter weapons can be purchased for credits but I'm sure there are better options to go for than that.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

A Lamer posted:

Loki is a funny one because it is more viable in high levels content than low level one. In high level towers, it is crucial to have a Loki with Radial Disarm, or else everyone would get stomped by Heavy Gunners and Bombards. But in regular missions, Loki is poo poo without good weapons. If you got nothing important in the account, you could make a new one and revisit Loki later as he is not hard to farm. Another option is just ask a goon to help farm Jackal a bit so you can build a Rhino.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I AM BANSHEE I AM BEING USEFULLLLLL

I like my banshee :( she stuns everything on the map (so people can do actual damage and kill everything without being in danger), or I can make enemies take 4 times more damage (even though other frames one shot them anyways.)

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

A Lamer posted:

Just go with what you have and let people drag you through missions for stuff. It's pretty much what most of us are doing all the time anyway once dailies are done and people are sick of void poo poo.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

Doctor Shapes posted:

Their sprint speeds are the same, actually. And with the vanguard helmet, Rhino Prime ties with Loki/Loki Prime for fastest frame in the game.

You mean the vangaurd arcane helmet that nobody can get anymore right?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

FunkyFlashman posted:

Just gave away one and am in the process of giving away the next, they are still pretty much in circulation. If you really want one you could still probably pick one up from the player market for plat.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Daynab posted:

I like my banshee :( she stuns everything on the map (so people can do actual damage and kill everything without being in danger), or I can make enemies take 4 times more damage (even though other frames one shot them anyways.)

I love mine too and use it a lot, but she's certainly not you know, very good.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

The vauban black hole poo poo is hilarious and would have been extremely useful today in some infested survival.Holy bananas we got wrecked.I've had never seen that many enemies in any other survival mission that early, we barely made it to 15 minutes and only by the skin of our teeth .

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

FunkyFlashman posted:

Yeah, I should have clarified that it's arcane. It seems to go for 150-200 plat on the trading market, making it the most valuable one by far.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Lamadrid posted:

The vauban black hole poo poo is hilarious and would have been extremely useful today in some infested survival.Holy bananas we got wrecked.I've had never seen that many enemies in any other survival mission that early, we barely made it to 15 minutes and only by the skin of our teeth .

Infested survival is one of my favorites because it gets so intense, especially with the new infested types.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Feindfeuer posted:

Just gave away one and am in the process of giving away the next, they are still pretty much in circulation. If you really want one you could still probably pick one up from the player market for plat.

I just missed you by an hour. Timezones! :argh:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Thronde posted:

I just missed you by an hour. Timezones! :argh:

Well you got it now, and even a bonus Rhino comedy-option. :smug:

The arcane Thrak helmet is terrible

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Vauban wouldn't have helped, the problem were all the ancients and moas that spawned and frankly I have never seen this many in one place. Tried to go for max loot on it which was a mistake, Saryn or Ember would've torn the place apart but the only thing you can do on a Nekros is keep 4 up, spam 3 and otherwise stand around with your dick in your hand.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Morglon posted:

Vauban wouldn't have helped, the problem were all the ancients and moas that spawned and frankly I have never seen this many in one place. Tried to go for max loot on it which was a mistake, Saryn or Ember would've torn the place apart but the only thing you can do on a Nekros is keep 4 up, spam 3 and otherwise stand around with your dick in your hand.
If by dick you mean Fourma'ed Boltor Prime...

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Morglon posted:

Fish Noise posted:

Or throwing out revives like candy cause soul survivor's a ridiculous augment.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Fish Noise posted:

this made my brain hurt for a lot of reasons

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I love mine too and use it a lot, but she's certainly not you know, very good.

Aside from nullifiers though, there isn't much stopping you as a properly modded Banshee now from just keeping everything locked down forever now and making it a cakewalk for your team mates. The only beef I had with her before is that Silence was basically pointless, but ever since they buffed it and added warframe powers as an intrinsic thing and given us an extra two slots to work with she has probably become one of the better balanced frames in the game. She does her job extremely well (CC) and you can shore up her damage problems with the usual gently caress off guns that murder everything anyway.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SaffronKit posted:

Aside from nullifiers though, there isn't much stopping you as a properly modded Banshee now from just keeping everything locked down forever now and making it a cakewalk for your team mates. The only beef I had with her before is that Silence was basically pointless, but ever since they buffed it and added warframe powers as an intrinsic thing and given us an extra two slots to work with she has probably become one of the better balanced frames in the game. She does her job extremely well (CC) and you can shore up her damage problems with the usual gently caress off guns that murder everything anyway.

She's very balanced in a game that isn't.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

She's very balanced in a game that isn't.

Touche. Thankfully she is also still fun as hell to play.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Morglon posted:

Ember is actually not especially good for killing hordes. That may seem strange, when her whole gimmick is lighting everything on fire, but there you go.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Doesn't World on Fire have a cap on how many things it can hit per second and that's what hold sit back from being good even before you take scaling enemy shields/armor/health into account?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

This sounds like a job for Hydroid.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
How are people earning credits? I just bought the blueprint for a Nekros and started building it and I'm broke now. I have a few other guns I want to build too.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Void missions (preferably the short ones like captures and exterminates) reward a good chunk of credits, Sechura (Pluto dark sector defense) or the new goon favorite, Yursa (Neptune dark sector defense). If you're farming other things like G3 or Zanuka, you can usually do invasion missions for some payouts and come away with some ok cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Get a 4 man group going and run Void missions, preferably Capture missions as they are the fastest and easiest to do for the most money. Technically you can do them by yourself, but the Credit reward at the end of the mission actually scales with the number of people running it!