Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He'll be calling him Cuco by the next time they meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tollymain posted:

joking aside i'm pretty sure nightmare knight isn't going to get worked up over cucumber having the disaster orbs, that's just how things work really

I'm honestly assuming that Nightmare Knight doesn't want to talk where (the remains of) his minions can hear him. We already know he's playing a double game & keeping them in the dark; there's no reason for him to be certain this will be the last cycle, and he doesn't want to gently caress things up for next time...

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
"So what's that you have in your hand, young fella-me-lad?"

"This? This is a magic wand. Lets me use the power of your expired minions. Just trying to figure out how to make it use that music dudes-"

*Wobbly intro*

N-N-N-N-NOW GET THE gently caress UP

*Dubstep plays*

Twenty minutes and a severely concussed wand later nets boy and knight lounging on a hillside listening to Toccata and Fugue in D Minor.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I remember some of Gigi's posts pointed to all previous heroes being Almond-types and having a Cucumber-type little sister, so yeah there's gonna be some weird magic shenanigans about to go down this time.

Also the new title banner is hella cute.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Fecha posted:

I guess not everything is quite so repetitive this time around. Were all the past heroes plucky swordsmen?

Before she quit Tumblr, Gigi said that yeah, Cucumber is the first Legendary Hero to ever be a magician. I'd say it was hard to believe if it wasn't straight from the author's mouth. So I guess every other one was a sword-wielder (maybe one used a lance and just tied the sword onto the end of it) (Or also alternately, NK's been throwing fights for like, 80+ heroes)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 6, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TwoPair posted:

NK's been throwing fights for like, 80+ heroes
This is definitely what has been happening.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

TwoPair posted:

Before she quit Tumblr, Gigi said that yeah, Cucumber is the first Legendary Hero to ever be a magician. I'd say it was hard to believe if it wasn't straight from the author's mouth.

This is actually kind of interesting. Seems like this is the sort of game where the main character is the only one to get weird custom powers. Maybe the sword dudes sparked custom techniques when fighting the disaster masters or something.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Glazius posted:

This is actually kind of interesting. Seems like this is the sort of game where the main character is the only one to get weird custom powers. Maybe the sword dudes sparked custom techniques when fighting the disaster masters or something.

So, to murder the art of anology, Cucumber is the X to Almond's Zero?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ConanThe3rd posted:

So, to murder the art of anology, Cucumber is the X to Almond's Zero?
I was on the fence about whether or not to repost this lovely photoshop/prediction before, but after that comment, how can I not?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speaking of photoshops this is pretty great

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I kinda like the Princess Piano change better :x

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-567/

Damnit Almond, he was this close to scoring that Dark Apprenticeship.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really do hope the story progresses from its current "grudgingly following the formula" state to everything just going off the rails

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i can't imagine what the detailed implications of this wand (and NK's ignorance of its existence up til now) are at this point but there's no way it's not going to be significant. it raises a couple interesting questions at least though. who created it, and why?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tollymain posted:

i really do hope the story progresses from its current "grudgingly following the formula" state to everything just going off the rails

Almond is desperate to ride the train. Cucumber is desperate to derail it. I think Cucumber will win some battles, Almond others, until the true ultimate evil is revealed (It's Cabbage).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So that "I picked it up at...er..." kinda suggests Cucumber's been effected by the memory shenanigans going down.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ConanThe3rd posted:

So that "I picked it up at...er..." kinda suggests Cucumber's been effected by the memory shenanigans going down.

I read it more as "uh, how can I explain this without sounding like I stole it?"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tollymain posted:

i can't imagine what the detailed implications of this wand (and NK's ignorance of its existence up til now) are at this point but there's no way it's not going to be significant. it raises a couple interesting questions at least though. who created it, and why?

The same pretzel-selling witch who cursed Nightmare Knight to receive eternal beatdowns from plucky jerklords because he complained about her prices.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Yak of Wrath posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-567/

Damnit Almond, he was this close to scoring that Dark Apprenticeship.

The worried look on her face is probably less for her brother and more for the fact that if he talks it out, she won't get to be awesome.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Huh. I thought the disaster stones would have worked with any wand. I didn't consider that the wand Cucumber "Found" was actually custom made to use the Disaster Stones.

Should be interesting to see the implications of that down the road.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I read it more as "uh, how can I explain this without sounding like I stole it?"

I seem to have forgotten, where DID cucumber get that wand?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Stole it from Saturday iirc

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Saturday's stash. Lord knows the girl has a penchant for obtaining and hoarding cosmic keystones.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Saturday's treasure stash when they were trying to find the last Disaster Stone

edit: Welp, what they said

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That does make me curious what's special about Almond's sword. She found it in the same stash and was able to use it against Peridot without it turning to stone, so it's likely magical somehow.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Calling it now, the Dream sword is a fake and Cucco's wand is the real deal.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Stole it from Saturday iirc

They're gonna have all kinds of fun trying to figure out where Saturday stole it from in the first place. Unless that butler of hers keeps neat records.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mr. Lobe posted:

Saturday's stash. Lord knows the girl has a penchant for obtaining and hoarding cosmic keystones.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Saturday's treasure stash when they were trying to find the last Disaster Stone

edit: Welp, what they said

Thanks!

IMJack posted:

They're gonna have all kinds of fun trying to figure out where Saturday stole it from in the first place. Unless that butler of hers keeps neat records.

I bet he does, and he keeps them in the same place as his speech cards.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tollymain posted:

Well first we need to get Almond to stop putting things back on the rails :argh:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well first we need to get Almond to stop putting things back on the rails :argh:

It'd be real swell if NK just casualty flicked her off Team Rocket style.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Well, do

ConanThe3rd posted:

It'd be real swell if NK just casualty flicked her off Team Rocket style.

Well, don't kill her!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Bell_ posted:

Well, don't kill her!
What do you think "Team Rocket style" implies?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

The oppression and exploitation of sentient animals with superpowers for fun and profit?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Protecting the world from devastation?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

theshim posted:

Protecting the world from devastation?
Uniting all peoples within our nation?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Stop this before the thread gets gassed, kthnx

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The answer was being flung great distances without any negative effect to health, incidentally.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well this suddenly got depressing

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Gotta wonder how many times he had to deal with that

Also ahahahaha, tumblr proved itself to be a festering turdhole. Who woulda knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well would you look at that, the last Legendary Hero had a little sister as well.

Come on NK convince Cuco to join your side DO IT.