Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

mr.capps posted:

Hmm, a lot of Australians in this thread.

They're probably going to murder all the thread regulars. Then after a few hundred pages, when new people start posting in it , they'll complain about all these outsiders coming into their thread and making GBS threads up the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

FreudianSlippers posted:

They're probably going to murder all the thread regulars. Then after a few hundred pages, when new people start posting in it , they'll complain about all these outsiders coming into their thread and making GBS threads up the place.

It's the Anzac spirit :australia:

e: oops, I meant :itwaspoo:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

:anglosphere:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's the Anzac spirit :australia:
It's only the Anzac Spirit if the Australian claiming of the thread is immediately followed by New Zealanders complaining that Australia stole it from us.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Young Freud posted:

If you squint, you can see nude Tayne.

This poster is not suitable for work...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Could you kick up the 4d3d3d3, please?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kiimo posted:

It's a teaser, not a one-sheet if that helps.

Not really. Main issue for me is that the entourage logo is inherently pretty trashy looking (intentionally so I assume, entourage new it was fun trash) and with the photo that seems to be going for a bit more classy/serious tone, it just clashes a lot, particularly because the title is so prominent.

The photo is really neat though. Compliments to who ever shot/composted it. It nicely carries the theme that this is 'the last ride' and everyone heading to an unknown future. Good idea, executed well.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 7, 2015

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Gonz posted:

Could you kick up the 4d3d3d3, please?

Can you show me a hat wobble?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
It just needs to go from Ant-Man to Celery-Man, add a flarhgunnstow, and suddenly I'll give a poo poo about this franchise.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Went back home for Christmas recently and unearthed a big box of old VHS tapes I had. Let's take a look at some oldies.

Silent Night Bloody Night, a movie I should've included in my Skull movie post.

Bad Ronald, a precursor to People Under the Stairs

Night of Bloody Horror, another missed skull poster

Rocktober Blood, my copy doesn't have the box, which I'm kinda bummed out about now that I'm looking at it.

Microwave Massacre, pretty sure this has been released on DVD, but a movie of this quality NEEDS to be watched on VHS.

The Asphyx, the box art for this movie is so loving :black101:

Tokyo Fist, from the man who brought you Tetsuo The Iron Man

Vengeance of the Zombies, surprising lack of skulls for a zombie movie cover.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like how the blurb for Microwave Massacre is like the most neutral description of the movie.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

ruddiger posted:

Rocktober Blood, my copy doesn't have the box, which I'm kinda bummed out about now that I'm looking at it.

Brought to you by a man named Ferd

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Tokyo Fist, from the man who brought you Tetsuo The Iron Man

That's like... the least representative cover art they could have possibly used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1n6MHgP8r4

They made this surreal horror movie look like it's Million Dollar Baby or something. :psyduck:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is a ghost that isn't dead supposed to be more or less scary? Or maybe this is like Beetlejuice, and the ghosts are supposed to be the one that are shocked.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

SALT CURES HAM posted:

That's like... the least representative cover art they could have possibly used.
From what I remember, every single cover or poster Manga Entertainment ever released was aesthetically bankrupt and overall garbage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mr.capps posted:

Hmm, a lot of Australians in this thread.

Hey, hey hey hey. The politically correct term is "racist koala fucker." No reason to get offensive.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Skwirl posted:

Hey, hey hey hey. The politically correct term is "racist koala fucker." No reason to get offensive.

I wouldn't gently caress a racist koala

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

Best way to get an STD.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

MikeJF posted:

Best way to get an STD.

Eh, I can think of better. But whatever floats your boat, MikeJF.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Tough poo poo for you, they're all racist.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

TetsuoTW posted:

Tough poo poo for you, they're all racist.

gently caress

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

They also all have chlamydia. So er, use protection when racist koala loving I guess.
Not even joking

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I like this (fan, I assume) poster, with the surfboard/bullet juxtasposition.

Linked because I can't be assed to rehost on imgur.

http://birds-eye-view.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SCOTT-WOOLSTON.jpg

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mondo War Of The Worlds posters.

Regular.

Variant.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
That is some top notch rendering and one super unfortunate hand.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Going to die soon. Nothing to lose now, better grab her butt while I have the chance."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*Orson Welles voice*

"Hold onto your butts"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I might be misremembering, but I thought that they were all big walking machines in War Of The Worlds, not flying saucers?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheJoker138 posted:

I might be misremembering, but I thought that they were all big walking machines in War Of The Worlds, not flying saucers?

One of the older War of the Worlds films gave the walkers invisible legs for some reason

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TheJoker138 posted:

The original.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Movie's got rad saucers:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mr.capps posted:

*Orson Welles voice*

"Hold onto your butts"

Amazing how this is not remotely like the strangest thing Welles has actually said for commercial or acting purposes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Impossible! Meaningless!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Halloween Jack posted:

Impossible! Meaningless!

I like the part where he threatens to go down on the guy.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

penismightier posted:

Movie's got rad saucers:

You're goddamn right it does.

That is almost a good poster. If it was a fan poster I'd think "This person just needs a good art director to help them work out compositions." But it's not. And they still need one.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
The 1953 "War of the Worlds" is pretty drat good and VERY short at only 85 minutes. Sadly, when the film was transferred to digital you could plainly see the wires in practically every shot of the saucers. I've seen the movie on DVD, in 35mm, and on Laserdisc, and only the DVD has that problem, which is really a shame. The saucer designs got reused in "Robinson Crusoe of Mars", which is also very much worth seeing.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

The saucer designs got reused in "Robinson Crusoe of Mars", which is also very much worth seeing.

I watched this movie randomly in the middle of the night as a teenager and it felt a bit like a fever dream until I saw it again in my 30's ... though let's be honest, it still kind of felt that way.

I'm saying you should all watch this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Geekboy posted:

You're goddamn right it does.

That is almost a good poster. If it was a fan poster I'd think "This person just needs a good art director to help them work out compositions." But it's not. And they still need one.

I'm not a master of composition, so I'm curious what you think needs addressing. To me it feels like the background people running away aren't in the right places to make best use of space or to draw the eye in the right ways.