Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fuligin posted:

As a player, sure. The AI seems highly averse to it.

The ai is gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Fuligin posted:

As a player, sure. The AI seems highly averse to it.

The AI is averse to doing anything atm. rofl.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

But no I feel you. It's too static. Part of that is the setup and part of that is the AI doesn't know how to game the system with their holy wars and invasions.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

The AI is averse to doing anything atm. rofl.

allegedly

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BBJoey posted:

allegedly

Stfu.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

that gbs as gently caress dev said he didn't see it in his games so it must never be happening

now please excuse me while I jerk them off some more about how awesome they are

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Rannos22 posted:

now please excuse me while I jerk them off some more about how awesome they are

yes wiz, yes tell me how the quebecois are more deserving of national ideas than the filthy moors, oh yess

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you think friend of the family Wiz would have made colonial nations revolt some time other than the player actively buttering them up for a support independence thing

seriously i'm never ever ever going to see quebec form. thanks wiz.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Better use of resources would have been Castillan Kamchatka ideas

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Better use of resources would have been Castillan Kamchatka ideas

Castillan/Spanish everything, because i've noticed that either Spain or Portugal colonizes everything and i get the scraps unless i specifically rush colonizing

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

you think friend of the family Wiz would have made colonial nations revolt some time other than the player actively buttering them up for a support independence thing

seriously i'm never ever ever going to see quebec form. thanks wiz.

it pisses me off because ive never seen a game without like Brazil, Haiti, and maybe La Plata (assuming the AI is colonizing instead of me). I've never loving seen Quebec.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Probably because of France owns any of Canada (which seems relatively rare other than like a small # of provinces??) then it revolts because I was stomping France in a war and without me to save French Canada from France due to a truce.... It gets stomped back to colonial status.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
forming inca is pretty fun. it's still really boring once you conquer all the visible nations though.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
So what is the levy bug? I haven't noticed anything amiss in my Blue Ridge game with the After the End mod.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

zeal posted:

So what is the levy bug? I haven't noticed anything amiss in my Blue Ridge game with the After the End mod.

sometimes when you or the ai raise levies to go to war some of them won't be dismissed when you hit the dismiss all button which is what the ai is programmed to use after its done with a war so they'll never be able to declare war again because they've still got levies raised

fortunately this widely reported bug doesn't exist because the devs haven't noticed it yet even though it gets super obvious after a decade or so.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Rannos22 posted:

sometimes when you or the ai raise levies to go to war some of them won't be dismissed when you hit the dismiss all button which is what the ai is programmed to use after its done with a war so they'll never be able to declare war again because they've still got levies raised

fortunately this widely reported bug doesn't exist because the devs haven't noticed it yet even though it gets super obvious after a decade or so.

Wait, that still hasn't been fixed? lol

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Agnostalgia posted:

Last I checked the latest patch was still 2.3 so I'm gonna go with "no"

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Agnostalgia posted:

The bug doesn't exist. Paradox ran it by QA and found no bug. There will be no patch.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If I don't have the India or Charlemange DLCs am I safe from the AI can't declare war fuckery, or is it the latest patch on all builds?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

If I don't have the India or Charlemange DLCs am I safe from the AI can't declare war fuckery, or is it the latest patch on all builds?

Affects all 2.3 games regardless of DLC

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
allegedly it will be fixed next patch. everyone at paradox was on vacatiopn until today

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got lucky with -unrest events in my Inca westernization and now I'm half done with only two or three non-event revolts, instead of my Iriqouis game where Westernizing took 100 years and I ragequit as soon as it finished because it was the 1750s and I only have like 15 provinces.

westernized in 20 years :stare:

france is cut down to only about 20 provinces and i still only have roughly equal income lol

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 8, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Games is jizzing itself over adding the lovely college of cardinals mechanics to the Norse fylkarite.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Games is jizzing itself over adding the lovely college of cardinals mechanics to the Norse fylkarite.

It looks pretty dull, I dunno why people are so excited about it.
Then again, I never played around with the catholic college of cardinals, so maybe I'm missing some super fun and immersive gameplay

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Broken Cog posted:

It looks pretty dull, I dunno why people are so excited about it.
Then again, I never played around with the catholic college of cardinals, so maybe I'm missing some super fun and immersive gameplay

It's basically just waiting for events to fire and pouring money into a bucket in the hopes that your bucket will be big enough to get your ancient bishop into the College, where he might become Pope for a year before dying.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i won't be happy until the papal mechanics can properly simulate the great schism

crises of the fourteenth century, people

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

i won't be happy until the papal mechanics can properly simulate the great schism

crises of the fourteenth century, people

If I ever play eu4s awful multi-player I always make my goal to force convert the papacy to orthodox

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

add mechanics to slavic and tengri for gently caress's sake. vikings are cool and paradox is full of scandinavian faggots but if there is one pagan that is bound to reform is deffo gonna be one of those

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

add mechanics to slavic and tengri for gently caress's sake. vikings are cool and paradox is full of scandinavian faggots but if there is one pagan that is bound to reform is deffo gonna be one of those

tengri/tenger is also still around so there's plenty of sources they can use

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I feel like maybe the levy bug should just be addressed with a hotfix rather than being bundled with the next patch but I don't post in games so hey

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
Agreed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also remove india and add the rest of the eurasian steppe so i can start as young genghis uniting the mongolians at 1000

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

also remove india and add the rest of the eurasian steppe so i can start as young genghis uniting the mongolians at 1000

yes

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I feel like maybe the levy bug should just be addressed with a hotfix rather than being bundled with the next patch but I don't post in games so hey

if they hotfixed it and then released a patch afterwards then they'd introduce two new major game-breaking bugs, as opposed to the one they'll add if they only release one superpatch. it's the most pragmatic thing, really.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Its actually a cool troll they're doing on their forum by breaking their game and then laughing when people get mad that the game they bought is broken. IDK why you don't think its a neat idea like the guys in games...

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Wiz took my money and laughed all the way to KFC

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Wiz made bad lps tho so it's ok

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Do they have KFC in Sweden.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Effectronica posted:

tengri/tenger is also still around so there's plenty of sources they can use

Tenigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if the levy bug is that bad i guess i'll put my charlemagne game on hold till they fix it. i guess i'll try to learn how to play euiv again