Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Adebayor flying home all the time is going to be a bit time consuming from North America, unless the family drama is finally over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stikkum
May 30, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Remember when MLS was supposed to be a proving ground for a new generation of American talent, rather than a dumping ground for 35-year-olds who can't run any more?

Only 10 more years until Jozy can go back home and be a star again.

Actually ...

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/07/report-jozy-altidore-exploring-mls-options-in-contract-discussions/

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i hope adebayor and jozy both gently caress off to a poo poo league and i never have to hear about them again

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
and gerrard and lampard

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Burnley are set to sign Michael Keane

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

sassassin posted:

I'm disgusted by the actions of these people.
loving lol is Chedvans that drat good that its even worth trying to sign him? Regardless of how you feel about whether he Did The Crime Served The Time there surely must be other footballers to go after without risking all this poo poo

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Only 10 more years until Jozy can go back home and be a star again.

A massive collapsed star. A black hole.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
e:^^^^^

ched evans is a championship level player in the prime years of his career, who is available for free. from a third tier club like oldham's perspective, on a purely footballing level thats a great deal.

on a personal level, he wouldn't even be the biggest oval office they've ever signed either.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
lmao if this is true

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ract-offer.html

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

dxt posted:

He is really good, just never first choice with the likes of Robben, Ribery, Gotze and Muller preferred.

He's definitely not "really good". He got plenty of playing time and never really capitalized on it. He's way too selfish, tactically limited and has a hugely inflated opinion of himself.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

ched evans is a championship level player in the prime years of his career, who is available for free. from a third tier club like oldham's perspective, on a purely footballing level thats a great deal.

on a personal level, he wouldn't even be the biggest oval office they've ever signed either.
This. We had a literal killer playing at Vale Park last year and Joey Barton is still in the premier league despite his everything. Footballing ability and the chance to make money will make people turn a blind eye to a lot of things.

If Vale weren't so crushingly broke I wouldn't be shocked if we made an offer.

e: Ha, I just noticed that none of the Ched Evans articles on Sky Sports have a comment section. Probably a wise decision.

Redundant fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 8, 2015

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Killer, rapist and.....Joey Barton?

Just because Barton is Welsh too doesn't mean you should lump him in with those guys.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Transfermarkt has De Gea down as represented by family members, but both of them are linked with Mendes in the tabs.

So it's probably true. Mendes is going to get some monstrous payoff in De Gea's next contract negotiations

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Eau de MacGowan posted:

e:^^^^^

He hasn't played in over 2 and a half years though. Could be complete poo poo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

He hasn't played in over 2 and a half years though. Could be complete poo poo

he's not been sitting on his arse, he's been in prison as a sex offender. at the very least he's probably gotten faster.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Dunban posted:

He's definitely not "really good". He got plenty of playing time and never really capitalized on it. He's way too selfish, tactically limited and has a hugely inflated opinion of himself.

I'm biased, being Swiss, but I think he's better than what you give him credit for. His mentality may not have been perfect for a club like Bayern, but meh, that's what happens when you're used to being the big fish in a tiny pond (Basel, the Swiss national team). He should have headed to a team where could fill that role again and where his selfishness wouldn't be as big an issue. Not sure Serie A is the right place for a player like him to flourish tbh, his tactical limitations you rightly point out might turn out to be his downfall. But at least he's technically very strong and decent at creating space for himself, unlike Podolski who I can't really see succeeding in Italy.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Eau de MacGowan posted:

he's not been sitting on his arse, he's been in prison as a sex offender. at the very least he's probably gotten faster.

lol

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

What do United fans think of Falcao so far? Is he good enough to spend a mountain of cash to sign him permanently?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

ozmunkeh posted:

mods?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ched Evans is still signing for Oldham even though they don't want him

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

ozmunkeh posted:

mods, ban this sick filth.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Bape Culture posted:

Ched Evans is still signing for Oldham even though they don't want him

After protestations Oldham pulled out but unfortunately Evans isn't familiar with this idea

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

euroboy posted:

What do United fans think of Falcao so far? Is he good enough to spend a mountain of cash to sign him permanently?

my sources said at the start of the season that they thought the loan -> permanent was a cover and the deals 100% going through but idk

He's been ok, but for 40 million more you'd expect more. Its going to be a case of seeing how the next few months go tho before you can evaluate properly given the injuries he came back from

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
How many starts has Falcao had and how many goals has he scored?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Seltzer posted:

How many starts has Falcao had and how many goals has he scored?

7 / 3

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Not a bad return for a mid-table ah gently caress what happened to the table?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

sassassin posted:

Not a bad return for a mid-table ah gently caress what happened to the table?

20 bad teams

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Falcao is certainly an upgrade on Welbeck, boy must they be pissing themselves up in Manchester at the money they ripped off of Arsenal on that one.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
*Kramaric opens door and slides into King Power Stadium*

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Falcao has looked very promising, but not quite there yet. If he can stay injury free (lol) hes probably worth signing permamently.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Eau de MacGowan posted:

ched evans is a championship level player

Based on what? He had 1 good season in League 1 3 years ago and hasn't played since.

It's reasoning like that which led Liverpool to spend £35,012,000 on gently caress all.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Kramaric: THE BENCH!!! (enters the apartment) You smell like the bench. What's the name of that perfume you're wearing?
David Nugent: It's Jose by Altidore.
Kramaric: ALTIDORE? No, no. That's my idea. They, they stole my idea. Y'see I had the idea of a cologne that makes you smell like you just came from the bench.
Jamie Vardy: I know. Look at this... *shows matchday programme*
Kramaric: (shocked) Whooo! That's you! What is going on here? The gyp, he laughs at me then he steals my idea. I could have been a millionaire. I could have been a fragrance millionaire, Dave. They're not going to get away with this. (leaves)

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

TheRat posted:

Falcao has looked very promising, but not quite there yet. If he can stay injury free (lol) hes probably worth signing permamently.

I don't see how he could be worth £43m at the age of 29 or so, and he seems to have lost some pace after the knee injury. I'm hoping Utd save that money for someone younger and pacier.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Dunban posted:

but he has a cool name

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

dxt posted:

but he has a cool name

This is true

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

He'll also boss defenders because he won't take no for an answer

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
united should beat down Monaco on the price. They aren't minted anymore so they can't just make up a number like at the start of the loan. At the current rumoured price he isn't worth it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Even the press say a price and terms have been agreed its just a case of whether it goes through it not

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

euroboy posted:

He's been average. Not even close to good enough for the reported transfer fee.

It still doesn't make any sense why they loaned him in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Falcao is trash and the inside of his knee looks like a piece of jerky from a Gulf War MRE. Fact.

• Locked thread