Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Web Jew.0 posted:

Avengers World recently retconned it by having inverted Doom use Wanda's powers to bring Cassie back.

Yeah, but the book only referenced Scott's death in Disassembled, not Cassie being dead until Doom did sort of the opposite thing he did in CC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Kelp Plankton posted:

Squirrel Girl #1 was great and I kind of want to see Kraven's Absurdly Big Game Hunt be it's own comic now.

Personally I'm holding out hope for Cat Thor Cat God of Cat Thunder #1

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hope and vaseline posted:

Personally I'm holding out hope for Cat Thor Cat God of Cat Thunder #1

Don't be silly. Thor's fursona is a frog.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kelp Plankton posted:

Squirrel Girl #1 was great and I kind of want to see Kraven's Absurdly Big Game Hunt be it's own comic now.

I will be satisfied with occasional background Kraven cameos prepping for adventure. Doing wind sprints in a diving suit with his lion cape on top of it. Stocking up on harpoons. Having a practice wrestling match with the Hulk.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Should I be reading Avenger 's World? I dropped it at, I think, issue 6 or 7 when it became clear that it wasn't going to be Avengers Assemble.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Guys, what's going on with Daken? Last time I saw him he was a resurrected Horseman serving the Apocalypse twins, now I see him looking normal and running around with other Wolverine byproducts. Is the easiest answer INVERSION?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Guys, what's going on with Daken? Last time I saw him he was a resurrected Horseman serving the Apocalypse twins, now I see him looking normal and running around with other Wolverine byproducts. Is the easiest answer INVERSION?

After they were beat he just left the crash.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
He's in Wolverines #1 where uh, a thing happens.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Man, if you didn't like Squirrel Girl #1 I don't know what to tell you. That was a heck of a lot of fun.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

goldenoreos posted:

Ant-Man and Squirrel Girl were my favorite Marvel books of the week. I am hoping though that Cassie's time as Stature will come up as the Ant-Man comic progresses.

They both shrink down at the end to hang out. I agree with you, though. I get that the comic is more about Scott, and Cassie as his daughter rather than as a superhero, but I liked most of the things associated with Young Avengers.

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

wiegieman posted:

They both shrink down at the end to hang out. I agree with you, though. I get that the comic is more about Scott, and Cassie as his daughter rather than as a superhero, but I liked most of the things associated with Young Avengers.

He also says earlier that he can shrink her down with him. Which to me sounded specifically like she couldn't do it herself.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

PaybackJack posted:

Man, if you didn't like Squirrel Girl #1 I don't know what to tell you. That was a heck of a lot of fun.

It was everything I ever dreamed, and more. Even the art, which I wasn't sold on at first, had grown on me by the end of the issue.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I could really go for a deck of playing cards with Deadpool's Guide to Supervillains on the back sides.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 8, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Flergatron 3000 posted:

He's in Wolverines #1 where uh, a thing happens.

What thing does happen? Like are they worshiping the Wolverine corpse/statue and starting a religion? Are they fighting russians?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Like are they worshiping the Wolverine corpse/statue and starting a religion?

I never knew this was missing from my life until now. It's what I want out of a new Wolverine series.

"Brother Daniel, have you strived to be the best at what you do in all ways in the eyes of our Lord?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I never knew this was missing from my life until now. It's what I want out of a new Wolverine series.

"Brother Daniel, have you strived to be the best at what you do in all ways in the eyes of our Lord?"

How many underage girls are you mentoring today?

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011

KayTee posted:

Should I be reading Avenger 's World? I dropped it at, I think, issue 6 or 7 when it became clear that it wasn't going to be Avengers Assemble.

The Hickman-related stuff is pretty meh with some cool moments spread out. The Axis tie-in is premised around Doom and Val assembling D-listers as last minute Avengers vs. the Scarlet Witch. If that sounds interesting to you, then by all means.

The upcoming stuff is going to fill in on what happened during Hickman's time skip.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Peace be with you, bub.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
really liking the design of super cosmically powered up Sam Alexander from Black Vortex

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

really liking the design of super cosmically powered up Sam Alexander from Black Vortex

Why do I pilot Nova...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

After they were beat he just left the crash.

Yeah but after that he was blue, had his powers back, had sick nasty flaming blue claws. Now he's just regular Daken again.

Also if Wolverine was just left there all this time, how did anyone know he was dead? What.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Peace be with you, bub.

In SNIKT we trust.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Is that supposed to be the Herald of Galactus, non-Corp girl Nova in the background.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

net cafe scandal posted:

Why do I pilot Nova...

You mustn't run away, Sam Alexander.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Also if Wolverine was just left there all this time, how did anyone know he was dead? What.
No amount of adamantium gloop can contain the unbelievable stench produced by a vacuum-sealed, decomposing Canadian. The olfactory tsunami will be considered the nasal Krakatoa of our times. It would not take but minutes for the greatest minds on the planet to realize what caused the wretched redolence, and from whence it came.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah but after that he was blue, had his powers back, had sick nasty flaming blue claws. Now he's just regular Daken again.

He lost his healing powers,

So naturally he gained them back 2 seconds before he died so he's just sitting in there chillaxing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Veg posted:

He lost his healing powers,

So naturally he gained them back 2 seconds before he died so he's just sitting in there chillaxing.

Nah, they just gotta pour some maple syrup on it and it'll eventually find its way to Logan and then he'll get his healing factor back and grow biceps that shatter adamantium like Popeye with the spinach.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Is Richard Rider back yet?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The Goon posted:

Is Richard Rider back yet?

Given that a flashback arc of GOTG explicitly killed him off he's now less back than he was before.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Elucidarius posted:

Am I think only one that enjoys Angela: Asgard's Assassin?

I'm loving Angela in the Marvel Universe (Loki seems to be enjoying her current exploits too!); I really like how they've integrated her thus far. Issue #2 was great, and is following up everything already established about her, the Angels and Heven in the 616 universe without bogging down the story, though it helps that I've read her Original Sin and GotG stuff most likely. I'm also enjoying the substories format, the one in #2 with her giving back the ball to the young kid was great, and the artwork from Stephanie Han and Phil Jimenez is fantastic.

I prefer Marvel's characterisation of her to her more grumpy/sassy personality in the 25 or so Image-era comics of hers I read recently. I am looking forward to her redesign, though I hope she keeps the makeup, ticker tapes (which I think will be explored a bit, as they're quite interesting as to what they can do, as hinted in #1 and in the Image stuff) and maybe her headdress. I'd just like her to wear proper armour really.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nah, they just gotta pour some Labatt Blue on it and it'll eventually find its way to Logan and then he'll get his healing factor back and grow biceps that shatter adamantium like Popeye with the spinach.

FTFY

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nah, they just gotta pour some maple syrup on it and it'll eventually find its way to Logan and then he'll get his healing factor back and grow biceps that shatter adamantium like Popeye with the spinach.

They will stick him in front of the tv during the Stanley Cup and he will then burst out.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Given that a flashback arc of GOTG explicitly killed him off he's now less back than he was before.

Well technically he can't die in the cancerverse, but he will more or less spend an eternity fighting the evil avengers/defenders.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

I got the impression that he disappeared back into the Cancerverse after acting as a gateway more than snuffing out. So, basically, he's probably getting killed over and over by the Revengers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Cancerverse was collapsing (In Thanos Imperative) and was going to kill everyone there. But Bendis I guess.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Logan seems more of a Molson Canadian kind of guy.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

rocketrobot posted:

I got the impression that he disappeared back into the Cancerverse after acting as a gateway more than snuffing out. So, basically, he's probably getting killed over and over by the Revengers.

During the Original Sin tie in for Nova, one of the former Nova corpsmen revealed that the Nova Corps has decided to mobilise en mass to rescue Richard. So, presumably they will save Nova from his perpetual murdering by the Revengers....any day now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The entire Corps was powerless as Rich took the full power of them into the Cancerverse with him. The Worldmind was also in a shutdown mode. But it's not like anyone at Marvel Editorial actually read any of that.

In other news, Marvel is killing off Deadpool now as well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The entire Corps was powerless as Rich took the full power of them into the Cancerverse with him. The Worldmind was also in a shutdown mode. But it's not like anyone at Marvel Editorial actually read any of that.

In other news, Marvel is killing off Deadpool now as well.

Killing off or 'parody of Wolverine's death' killing off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

Killing off or 'parody of Wolverine's death' killing off?

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/09/marvel-announces-the-death-of-deadpool/

• Locked thread