Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scratched myself with a nail moving some crap into the attic, remembered I hadn't had my Tetanus booster in probably 15 years... Hope I don't get Autism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mfcrocker posted:

I got one of these yesterday and it was an absolute dream to work with. Tons of space, great cable management and love the drive bays/SSD mounts.

My PSU is a bit further away from my motherboard so I need to get some extension cables today but it's a small quibble and not that surprising :)
Isn't it quiet?! I built mine over the weekend and I can't hear a peep out of my computer now unless I literally press my face up to the case. That rules. I've never had a case this quiet before.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

big mean giraffe posted:

Why do people still do this? A lovely sub makes a lovely sound system louder not better. Replace all the speakers first if you must drive around and be laughed at when your car rattles.

I bought a lovely brand-name PC speaker "system" that had a sub-woofer because it was 2 € cheaper than the stereo set. The only difference to my old lovely PC speakers I've noticed is that now the bass travels along my floors throughout the apartment. Very useful.

e: It was 18€ so...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Scarf posted:

Scratched myself with a nail moving some crap into the attic, remembered I hadn't had my Tetanus booster in probably 15 years... Hope I don't get Autism!

Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing you got a Tdap booster, but a rusty nail in an attic is extremely unlikely to give you tetanus. Tetanus is actually found in soil, and the association from rusty metal came about because metal found outside on the ground (and thus may give you tetanus) is usually rusty.

But hey, any excuse to get boosters are good! Now you're safe around un-vaccinated babies with no fear of passing along whopping cough, which might be the most important of the 3 these days.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DrBouvenstein posted:

Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing you got a Tdap booster, but a rusty nail in an attic is extremely unlikely to give you tetanus. Tetanus is actually found in soil, and the association from rusty metal came about because metal found outside on the ground (and thus may give you tetanus) is usually rusty.

But hey, any excuse to get boosters are good! Now you're safe around un-vaccinated babies with no fear of passing along whopping cough, which might be the most important of the 3 these days.

Yeah I wasn't really worried about getting tetanus from the scratch (the nail wasn't even rusty) but it definitely made me think about it.

That's what the nurse told me, and I have a couple of young nieces and a nephew. So, I'm glad they recommended that rather than just the Td booster. I have no problem with needles whatsoever, but I just have to say whatever kind of topical anesthetic she used was great, because I literally didn't feel a thing.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

the last time i got a tetanus booster the nurse asked what my non dominant arm was because it would become sore for a day or two after the shot. i'm left handed but like hell i was going to sit around with a slightly inactive right arm when starcraft had just come out and it was summer time.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
You got anesthetic? :pwn:

I've never gotten ANY topical anything for any of my shots, and I just got a Tdap and MMR booster like two or three years ago.

But to be fair, the big pain from Tdap comes later...IIRC, it's intra-muscular, not just sub-q, so get ready for a sore arm.

For actual thread content:

Tickets for my GF and I to go to Puerto Rico in march.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Bought a suit, not the guy. Calvin Klein, still have to get it tailored though.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DrBouvenstein posted:

You got anesthetic? :pwn:

I've never gotten ANY topical anything for any of my shots, and I just got a Tdap and MMR booster like two or three years ago.

But to be fair, the big pain from Tdap comes later...IIRC, it's intra-muscular, not just sub-q, so get ready for a sore arm.

For actual thread content:

Tickets for my GF and I to go to Puerto Rico in march.

Well I dunno what it was. She just had a cotton ball and said "this might be a little cold." Then just told me to completely relax my arm.

Yeah, it's a tad sore today but not too bad.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Scarf posted:

Well I dunno what it was. She just had a cotton ball and said "this might be a little cold." Then just told me to completely relax my arm.

:doh: that was the herpes she put on your arm first

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sappo569 posted:

:doh: that was the herpes she put on your arm first

Jokes on her :smuggo:

wait...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought a set of snow tires and steel wheels for my car from TireRack today. First time I've ever bought anything but all-seasons. Worn out tires just happened to coincide with "Holy gently caress winter is here!" so I figured what the hell, I can get non-winter tires once spring hits.

Also preordered the collector's edition of The Witcher 3 since I kept forgetting to and putting it off, etc.

And they're already here a day later... but my driveway is too icy/snowy to drive up as it's a bit hilly, and my garage is too full of half-done summer projects (... you know, like a garage does) to put them on, so I'm going to have to take it somewhere to get them swapped over. Oh well.

Edit: Local Monro charged me $25 for a walk-in wheel swap and had me out in ~15 minutes, not bad. I didn't get a receipt/do any paperwork, so I don't have a reference number for a customer satisfaction survey, I guess I'll have to go look at their website for a manual "Click here to tell us how we're doing!" or something because I am really happy. I had a tarp down in the back of my vehicle for them to just put the old wheel/tire combos on, but they went above and beyond and bagged them up individually for me so it didn't get water all over.

PCOS Bill has a new favorite as of 23:41 on Jan 6, 2015

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DrBouvenstein posted:

Last time I got a Tetanus shot was because some dude bit me in a fight.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

JEEVES420 posted:

Evander Holyfield?

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
ATTN: YNAB-curious people. It is available for free for college students. http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/2014/ynab-is-now-free-for-college-students/

Great software. Love it. Do use.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:

Scarf posted:

If she only swabbed it once before injecting, that was just alcohol on the cotton ball. I've never seen anesthetic used for IMs. It doesn't hurt, because needles don't hurt unless you're just a pussy. Any discomfort usually comes from the stuff being injected. I like to give IMs in the patient's dominant arm, because the more you use that muscle afterward, the quicker you work the soreness out. But everybody has different methods.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

JEEVES420 posted:

Did they give you antibiotics as well? Mouths are disgusting and I've seen some nasty infections when idiot MDs didn't give prophylactic antibiotics to human bite wound pts.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I got my last tetanus shot several years ago when I got bit by a dog while working on a phone repair. Longest five and a half hours I ever spent, gently caress you Harper government!

Today I had to buy a headlamp, apparently climbing telephone poles in the dark isn't considered a hazard V:downs:V

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Coffee And Pie posted:

I wanted a little bluetooth gadget for listening to audiobooks and doing Siri stuff, and the Motorola Hint is out of my price range at the moment. This one is only $15 (with prime shipping) and has the best reviews of all the products like it. Link here, for the interested.

How do you like it? I've been looking for something similar.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Butt Savage posted:

ATTN: YNAB-curious people. It is available for free for college students. http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/2014/ynab-is-now-free-for-college-students/

Great software. Love it. Do use.

Whoa, thanks!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Got one of these in the Amazon sales for £20, but hadn't had chance to try it out until today:

What a great little device, does away with 95% of the mess usually associated with blending smoothies etc, it takes up very little counter space, looks fairly stylish and has a nice powerful motor for ice crushing. If you're bad at eating fruits / getting your 5 a day this will help.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KM15WKA

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

beanieson posted:

How do you like it? I've been looking for something similar.

It's pretty bad, I'm returning it and putting the money towards a Moto Hint.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got a bunch of these:

I feel like i'm the last person on earth to upgrade to LED bulbs. Pretty much superior to incandescent in every way, and I should have made the switch earlier.

Looking forward to lower electricity bills.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
My turn to host steak, whisky and cigar club:

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Spamtheman posted:

The 18 is a smooth beauty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

Got a bunch of these:

I feel like i'm the last person on earth to upgrade to LED bulbs. Pretty much superior to incandescent in every way, and I should have made the switch earlier.

Looking forward to lower electricity bills.

You're probably ahead of the curve actually. Most people are likely on CFL now.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fozaldo posted:

The 18 is a smooth beauty.

God yes it is. So tasty. That's a lot to drop on scotch at once right there.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Spamtheman posted:

Good call on the quinta ruban however no nectar d'or 5/10

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

ChocNitty posted:

If you'd have made the switch earlier, you wouldn't have ended up with LED bulbs superior to incandescents.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Flipperwaldt posted:

If you'd have made the switch earlier, you wouldn't have ended up with LED bulbs superior to incandescents.

Oh he would.

Mainly because the large box of LEDs you bought all have a habit of overheating, flickering on and off for a month, then blowing spectacularly - taking out the light fitting and circuit breaker each time, forcing you to buy a complete set of new ones a year later.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

spog posted:

Oh he would.

Mainly because the large box of LEDs you bought all have a habit of overheating, flickering on and off for a month, then blowing spectacularly - taking out the light fitting and circuit breaker each time, forcing you to buy a complete set of new ones a year later.

My housemate buys lovely cheap ones so this is our house on any given week. The one he's installed in the bathroom is about as bright as a candle in a force 10 gale.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My house is illuminated by about 24 recessed PAR38 (or BR38) bulbs. Any recommendation for some LED bulbs? I bought grocery store-brand BR38's a year ago in incandescent, CFL, halogen, and LED, and only the incandescent and halogen are still alive.

GoGoGadgetChris has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Jan 8, 2015

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff
Got myself a new chair, Martela Axia 2L (mine is grey fabric, not white leather like the one in the picture).

Previous chair was from Ikea so getting a proper one was waaaay overdue.

One Day Fish Sale
Aug 28, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My house is illuminated by about 24 recessed PAR38 (or BR38) bulbs. Any recommendation for some LED bulbs? I bought grocery store-brand BR38's a year ago in incandescent, CFL, halogen, and LED, and only the incandescent and halogen are still alive.

We put eight Feit BR30s in our kitchen last summer, and they've been great. Good color, and brighter than the incandescents they replaced. When we first installed them we noticed a very small delay before power-on (at full brightness though), but now I don't notice it at all. I think we had BR38s before, but I put up new trim rings with the new bulbs.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
I just bought this LEGO set because I'm a giant nerd and it's awesome.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Bombur :3:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Dr. Light posted:

I just bought this LEGO set because I'm a giant nerd and it's awesome.

I have about 60 sets and this one of one of my favorites, so many wonderful details and designs.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Spamtheman posted:

Nice stuff. We drank a bottle of the Original on New Year's Eve.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Rythe posted:

I have about 60 sets and this one of one of my favorites, so many wonderful details and designs.

I found out recently that they discontinued it, so I grabbed it from Toys R Us, as most places don't have it in stock anymore. I'm excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Bought a new graphics card, only to find out it's too big to fit in my current case, so I'll need to upgrade that too. :shepspends: