Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

FWIW I've been watching a fair amount of his prep and apparently he's just clutch as gently caress, because those end bosses were not going remotely as well during practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

:rip: '13 DK.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
sick tv

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
AGDQ monitor has competition.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Apparently the best the TASbot could do was tie that Track and Field world record.

Somehow I am not surprised.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hell yeah MAP01 :rock:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I have one question about the prizes: are they all drawn for at the end of the stream, or during the week, or what?

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Here's hoping the SoTN race is as awesome as the Ninja Gaiden one from earlier.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

curiousCat posted:

I have one question about the prizes: are they all drawn for at the end of the stream, or during the week, or what?

It depends, some of them are for the entire week and some of them are for certain days / game blocks. I know it tells you which ones are for what periods somewhere on the site, and on the donation page it gives you the list of all the raffles you can get submitted to at that moment and the amount to donate for them .

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 8, 2015

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

raditts posted:

It depends, some of them are for the entire week and some of them are for certain days / game blocks. I know it tells you which ones are for what periods somewhere on the site, and on the donation page it gives you the list of all the raffles you can get submitted to at that moment and the amount to donate for them .

No I'm not asking when to donate for them, I get that. I'm wondering when winners are chosen for the prizes.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

One thing I don't remember about SOTN:

Is that famous cutscene skipable?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

curiousCat posted:

No I'm not asking when to donate for them, I get that. I'm wondering when winners are chosen for the prizes.

Oh. In that case I have no idea.

UraniumAnchor posted:

Unfortunately less than 10% of the incoming donations even get sent to the host's screen, and I'm willing to bet less than 10% of THOSE actually get read due to time constraints. Sorry.

Turns out they actually did get to it, it was just like 30-40 minutes later :unsmith:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Bholder posted:

One thing I don't remember about SOTN:

Is that famous cutscene skipable?

If there's a save file that has beaten the game already, it is skippable I think.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

HDCP :argh:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
All the cutscenes are skippable in SotN if you have a file on that's already done them, yeah.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

curiousCat posted:

It'll probably be a week or two after the event.

Also, I guess this would be a bad time to mention I still haven't received the prize I won from SGDQ '14. However, I have received prizes from them in the past, and it usually takes a few months to get all that sorta out and shipped out.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
This setup is taking longer than the race itself. :v:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

What a good time to come back, I love the Castlevania series.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

curiousCat posted:

Grand Prizes will get drawn after OOT so that we can announce them, but the rest will get drawn at some yet-to-be-determined date after the marathon.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Man don't read that acronym like it's a word

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
The announcer is pushing the blindfolded stuff really hard. Like I get it's cool dude but drat.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm extremely curious how blindfolded yoshi's island works

like blind folded punch-out I understand because that game is all sound cues and patterns

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I did a little marathon once back in 2011. I didn't send any prizes out because every time I drew a name and PM'd someone on Twitter (the prize was for retweets and mentions) they said they didn't need it or never responded.

Why the gently caress didn't Kevin Sorbo want a Wii Classic Controller Pro :mad:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Blockhouse posted:

I'm extremely curious how blindfolded yoshi's island works

like blind folded punch-out I understand because that game is all sound cues and patterns

'certain levels' probably means like 3 levels that the runner has memorized to an insane degree.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh hey I didn't miss the race, good thing I speedran those groceries

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wonder if there's anyone insane enough to speedrun Goldensun. You'd probably spend more time skipping text boxes than actually running the game.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder if there's anyone insane enough to speedrun Goldensun. You'd probably spend more time skipping text boxes than actually running the game.

I think the Tomba 2 run has ensured that no such thing will ever happen again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mr E posted:

did you dive in front of a car for a damage boost

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

did you dive in front of a car for a damage boost

yeah if you do a frame perfect dive into the red van you go straight to the apartment level

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

All the emoticons and poo poo aren't even skippable, are they? Lord knows I tried to skip them.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
These setup problems are seriously hype killing.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Mr E posted:

Well so far the setup has run longer then the estimated time so you were pretty safe.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes, there are plenty of Golden Sun speedrunners. Noted angry dude Werster ran the first one for awhile, and another I know of is Astrious.

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Internet Kraken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9GGWszXDvo

First result on google for "golden sun speedrun" :cmon:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mr E posted:

yeah if you do a frame perfect dive into the red van you go straight to the apartment level

That must be some kind of wrong warp, when I tried that strat it took me to the hospital level instead.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
Just woke from nappy time, what's the delay?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

AGDQ2015 Week 2 Bonus Goal: Xenogears Speedrun

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Leeham721 posted:

Just woke from nappy time, what's the delay?

360 hardware woes

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yay, BenAutons Tv showing signs of streaming life, setup might just be ready in a hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

Do not even ask posted:

360 hardware woes

Trying to hit 30fps??????? LOLOLOL

I know it's forced and not even true and the wrong generation of console

Thanks for the answer though

• Locked thread