Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Idiot put it on backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpycnt
Oct 9, 2012

fullroundaction posted:

Our tiny local zoo has a bunch of them and I told my girlfriend all I wanted for Christmas was her to arrange a deal where I got to pet one ... but she was unsuccessful in her negotiations with them. The zoo, not the capys.

Yeah, cause the capybara would have been totally cool with you petting it all day, probably even invite you to pet its extended family and friends.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Dienes posted:

Is that... Sigourney Weaver? Where the hell is that from?

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Edmond Dantes posted:

Is that... Sigourney Weaver? Where the hell is that from?

Some old concept art Neill Blomkamp did for an Aliens sequel that retconned Alien 3 and 4 out of existence. The project went nowhere.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Something he did for a lark. It was never commissioned by any studio or people owning the Alien IP.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Dienes posted:

(TFR: This is a "highly-trained" SWAT officer at an actual emergency who has mounted the sight on his rifle backwards, making it worse than useless, and some of his buddies, none of whom have noticed.)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Phanatic posted:

(TFR: This is a "highly-trained" SWAT officer at an actual emergency who has mounted the sight on his rifle backwards, making it worse than useless, and some of his buddies, none of whom have noticed.)

Oh no. They absolutely noticed.

They will not tell him.

They will talk about it EVERY loving CHANCE THEY GET when he is not around.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't understand how this sort of thing happens, the optical sights we had in the army would lose their zero if you took them off the rifle, so it's not like you can store them separately and only put them on when the call comes in. Even if these super duper sights didn't lose their zero it's still not a thing I would do.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Thats why he has the back up iron sights.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how something like this makes into print, but here we are.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Huh that is what I would expect from a liberal "news" blog that links itself as a source multiple times throughout the article.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

Huh that is what I would expect from a liberal "news" blog that links itself as a source multiple times throughout the article.

Huh?

here is the article online (complete with errata up top) http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/law-enforcement-be-honored-service

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

"Hey, editor?"

"What's up?"

"Paper or plastic?"

"Why?"

"You're about to get sacked."

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I went to a liberal college so for a while my Facebook would show these liberal news blog. They basically make wide swiping claims like "most policemen join so they can shoot miniorities". Then the next sentence is an link to a study done to prove their claim. Except the link is another article done by the same blog referencing a study but not proving a link to said study. I'll see if I can find an example.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

I went to a liberal college so for a while my Facebook would show these liberal news blog. They basically make wide swiping claims like "most policemen join so they can shoot miniorities". Then the next sentence is an link to a study done to prove their claim. Except the link is another article done by the same blog referencing a study but not proving a link to said study. I'll see if I can find an example.

Oh I read your post as saying this was from a liberal news blog. I understand now.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

"RETRACTION: This story - as it appeared in print - contained a major error and misquoted Sheriff John Ward. The version here has been corrected. The newspaper apologizes to the sheriff and other law-enforcement officers because of its mistake. - Ben Sheroan, editor."
http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/law-enforcement-be-honored-service

Oh to be a fly on the wall at that office right now

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

lumpycnt posted:

Capybara's are the chillest - 90% of the pictures on Google of these dudes are just pics of them hanging out, being cool.

Sometimes they fight crime.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

JEEVES420 posted:

Thats why he has the back up iron sights.

"The batteries are dead again?!"

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Tochiazuma posted:

"RETRACTION: This story - as it appeared in print - contained a major error and misquoted Sheriff John Ward. The version here has been corrected. The newspaper apologizes to the sheriff and other law-enforcement officers because of its mistake. - Ben Sheroan, editor."
http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/law-enforcement-be-honored-service

Oh to be a fly on the wall at that office right now

http://jimromenesko.com/2015/01/08/kentucky-newspaper-retracts-major-error-in-police-story/

Two people fired so far.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Sometimes they fight crime.

I think that's just a really ugly dog.

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!
http://tick.wikia.com/wiki/Speak

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

cowboythreespeech posted:

Speciesist. :colbert:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

fullroundaction posted:

Our tiny local zoo has a bunch of them and I told my girlfriend all I wanted for Christmas was her to arrange a deal where I got to pet one ... but she was unsuccessful in her negotiations with them. The zoo, not the capys.

Why can't you pet the capybaras? That's mean.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

:bustem:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They're just doing that so when someone gets shot they are 100% unable to be blamed by the public.

Edit: I don't actually know how guns work I just imagine not many bullets are coming out of that.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

It's more aerodynamical that way

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm assuming that there aren't just guns where the magazines curve back like that normally here? Because... how do you manage to fit a magazine in backwards? Aren't they in some way keyed to only fit in the right way round?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

More like "dust 'em." ewww look at that monitor

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm assuming that there aren't just guns where the magazines curve back like that normally here? Because... how do you manage to fit a magazine in backwards? Aren't they in some way keyed to only fit in the right way round?

It's like USB sticks, at some point you just cannot take it anymore and jam it in there, consequences be damned.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

They are keyed, but it's no match for retard strength.

How they should look:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Snapchat A Titty posted:

It's like USB sticks, at some point you just cannot take it anymore and jam it in there, consequences be damned.

A friend of mine worked at rent a center and he got a laptop back from a guy who said "it works as long as you don't mess with that usb port." Turns out at some point they just smashed something in there loving it all up and if you so much as tapped the port it would shut off the computer.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Len posted:

Edit: I don't actually know how guns work I just imagine not many bullets are coming out of that.

Exactly zero bullets are coming out of that gun (at least the barrel anyway). The bullet casings are designed to be struck on the rear end by the firing pin, which then sets off the primer and charge in the base of the bullet casing. The exhaust from the explosion then propels the actual bullet down the barrel, and complicated machinery cycles the chamber and puts a new round in for you. With the magazine backwards like that - assuming the gun didn't jam immediately when you tried to load a round into the firing chamber - when you pulled the trigger the firing pin would impact on the nose of the bullet, which might break the firing pin, but will do nothing else.

Len posted:

A friend of mine worked at rent a center and he got a laptop back from a guy who said "it works as long as you don't mess with that usb port." Turns out at some point they just smashed something in there loving it all up and if you so much as tapped the port it would shut off the computer.

Short circuits are a beautiful thing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

cowboythreespeech posted:

Indeed.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

#2 is the only way to poop on a German poo poo shelf toilet.

A.C. Slater that bitch.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

None of those include top-tanking.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

bobthedinosaur posted:

None of those include top-tanking.

You don't upper decker your own loving toilet you idiot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Modern Day Hercules posted:

You don't upper decker your own loving toilet you idiot.

Who said it had to be your own toilet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

lumpycnt posted:

Yeah, cause the capybara would have been totally cool with you petting it all day, probably even invite you to pet its extended family and friends.
That's what I was thinking, yeah

mng posted:

Why can't you pet the capybaras?

Because there's a fence :(

• Locked thread