Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Well at least trihex isn't wearing a hentai shirt this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

DARPA Dad posted:

i'm crying because i have to chat in the quakenet room

post more about being bad at irc, it's very entertaining.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

MVP posted:

How can you take someone else's IP and make money off it lke the Yetee/Video Game mascot subscriber emotes?

Does everything fall under parody and satire and companies don't give a poo poo?

People ask this all the time, it's definitely legal but largely they would just like huge loving assholes for trying to stop it. Especially in this case where basically all the profit goes to charity.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I heard the Mario 64 music and I got really loving excited for a second. I wish there was at least a race of it this year.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
This music hnnnggg

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Trihex. Just *look* at that man.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hello zari-gani, I was on the phone with a friend almost crying into the phone about his woes finding a job and I scrolled past this image and burst out laughing at him and it took me a minute to collect myself, thanks!

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

jetz0r posted:

post more about being bad at irc, it's very entertaining.

i'll.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Gimnbo posted:

It's a timer.

Well now I feel dumb. Thanks, I see it now.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Poultron posted:

People ask this all the time, it's definitely legal but largely they would just like huge loving assholes for trying to stop it. Especially in this case where basically all the profit goes to charity.

Except for the other 11 months out of the year when they're taking Mario and Samus and putting a meme on it.

But cool I'm glad that people can make money using another company's work, I will be on this gravy train shortly

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
that fat girl just wiped her nose with her hand

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

MVP posted:

Except for the other 11 months out of the year when they're taking Mario and Samus and putting a meme on it.

But cool I'm glad that people can make money using another company's work, I will be on this gravy train shortly

Except in rare cases the emotes aren't just taken straight from the game, witwix's for example were made by solgryn and others.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
i'm a huge bitch and this mario 64 credits music makes me cry every time i hear it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DARPA Dad posted:

this guy gets to chat in the #speedruns channel and i get banned for making fun of the fire emblem runner's physical appearance
what's your irc name, i will get to the bottom of this

as payment, if you were extremely dumb i am going to tell everyone just how dumb you were

do you feel lucky!

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

CrashCat posted:

what's your irc name, i will get to the bottom of this

as payment, if you were extremely dumb i am going to tell everyone just how dumb you were

do you feel lucky!

JSnake. i typed during the run "i can't tell if this person is a girl or a man"

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mr E posted:

Well at least trihex isn't wearing a hentai shirt this year

Do you just mean a shirt that had a url or something actually like censored hentai? :v:

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Anatharon posted:

Do you just mean a shirt that had a url or something actually like censored hentai? :v:

it was a girl chicken wearing a tie

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Just bought this. Excellent stuff

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Anatharon posted:

Well he's sponsored by fakku or the like or at least was at one time, wears em sometimes

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

MVP posted:

How can you take someone else's IP and make money off it lke the Yetee/Video Game mascot subscriber emotes?

Does everything fall under parody and satire and companies don't give a poo poo?

If it's a clearly a parody/satire, or the art style is different enough that it can't be confused with official merchandise, and no trademarked words are used (e.g. in this case, can't put TETRIS GRANDMASTER or it) , it's fine. Some fan merchandise companies are more careful about it than others though.

Thanks to everyone who's bought an AGDQ shirt by the way. So much charity money's been raised through them.

beep by grandpa posted:

Hello zari-gani, I was on the phone with a friend almost crying into the phone about his woes finding a job and I scrolled past this image and burst out laughing at him and it took me a minute to collect myself, thanks!

I'm sorry for breaking up your friendship

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 9, 2015

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Yoshi time gently caress yeah

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
And so Yoshi's Island begins... Great so far!

EDIT:

JUST missed the frame-perfect trick in 1-2. What was it?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This game makes me hopeful that Wooly World will be good. The other Yoshi games have always fallen short

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why dont you guys just give darpa dad another chance in the channel

what did he even do

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

This game makes me hopeful that Wooly World will be good. The other Yoshi games have always fallen short

yeah i want it to be good really bad but i'm worried it will be too easy

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

I really hope so too, that recent Yoshi's game or remake or whatever was terrible.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I've only seen 100% runs of this so I had no idea YI was so broke, this is pretty entertaining

Eonwe posted:

why dont you guys just give darpa dad another chance in the channel

what did he even do

He was pretty awful for the entire event enough so that a bunch of different ops in the channel wanted to ban him and he got like twelve chances - which he wouldn't have had if anyone had known he was darpa_dad since he was banned from the chat last year during the event for the exact same thing

Also after he got banned he whined in all three AGDQ threads about it and that's hilarious

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The_Franz posted:

Still better than the anime club and their lame platformer that nobody would have cared about if it weren't for the water balloon tits power-up.

Come again?

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

flatluigi posted:

I've only seen 100% runs of this so I had no idea YI was so broke, this is pretty entertaining

He was pretty awful for the entire event enough so that a bunch of different ops in the channel wanted to ban him and he got like twelve chances - which he wouldn't have had if anyone had known he was darpa_dad since he was banned from the chat last year during the event for the exact same thing

Also after he got banned he whined in all three AGDQ threads about it and that's hilarious

those chances were never communicated to me and no one indicated i was doing anything wrong until i made fun of the fire emblem runner. i'm sorry if at any point i ever made someone upset but no one had made any sign that i had. i'm perfectly ok with adjusting my behavior if it's made clear that i'm bothering anyone, but that was never made clear at any point.

DARPA Dad fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 9, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Yoshi's Island is amazing because both Any% and 100% are entertaining to watch, albeit for different reasons.

Any% looks like the version where you glitch the hell out of it, and 100% is all about sweet egg sniping.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

zari-gani posted:

If it's a clearly a parody/satire, or the art style is different enough that it can't be confused with official merchandise, and no trademarked words are used (e.g. in this case, can't put TETRIS GRANDMASTER or it) , it's fine. Some fan merchandise companies are more careful about it than others though.

Thanks to everyone who's bought an AGDQ shirt by the way. So much charity money's been raised through them.

The TGM creator is insane and blames "foreign" fangame clones on TGM4 being canned and regularly attempts to DMCA them so

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Accordion% is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOHYmiLLGdc&t=17s

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That's what you get for not being fun :colbert:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

oh god he got the bonus

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mr E posted:

oh god he got the bonus

Where's the accordion dude

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Anatharon posted:

He was wearing a Mega Milk shirt. It was innocuous and funny.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

DARPA Dad posted:

those chances were never communicated to me and no one indicated i was doing anything wrong until i made fun of the fire emblem runner. i'm sorry if at any point i ever made someone upset but no one had made any sign that i had.

I think the point that's being made right now is that you're insufferable and no one wants to talk to you hth

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Northan posted:

Harvest moon speedruns don't involve farming or fun though.

Just sleeping.

I suppose you could do one with Magical Melody, since you win when you get however many of the musical notes.
I have no idea about the others since that's the only Harvest Moon I've ever played.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

He was wearing a Mega Milk shirt. It was innocuous and funny.

You're not wrong. Also please donate for accordion%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I think the point that's being made right now is that you're insufferable and no one wants to talk to you hth

sorry

• Locked thread