Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Neruz posted:

Can anyone explain to me what is going on with all this Black Panthers stuff? A wikipediaing seems to suggest that the 'real' Black Panthers don't exist anymore and these new guys are just a raging hate group but I can't seem to find any actual information anywhere on the internet about these supposed roaming armed gangs of NBPP members that are apparently patrolling around the country terrorizing people by existing.

Is this just more racist white man bullshit or is this actually a thing that is happening in any significant numbers?
Most of the photos are from the open carry marches organized by the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, which does draw influences from the original Black Panther Party.

All they are doing is walking around predominantly black neighborhoods open carrying and occasionally saying BPP/leftist slogans in cadence.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140820-huey-p.-newton-gun-club-leads-open-carry-rally-in-south-dallas.ece

They started in response to a (predominantly white) Texas gun rights group asking to stage a march through their neighborhood in 'solidarity with the right to self defense'. The inhabitants were edgy about a bunch of armed white people gathering around their homes and politely declined, and some formed the HPNGC instead. Marches increased around the time of the Brown/Garner incidents, but there was never any violence either from the gun club or the police.

Apparently there is some reason why this is much worse than the other Texan gun clubs/open carriers, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Most of the photos are from the open carry marches organized by the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, which does draw influences from the original Black Panther Party.

All they are doing is walking around predominantly black neighborhoods open carrying and occasionally saying BPP/leftist slogans in cadence.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140820-huey-p.-newton-gun-club-leads-open-carry-rally-in-south-dallas.ece

They started in response to a (predominantly white) Texas gun rights group asking to stage a march through their neighborhood in 'solidarity with the right to self defense'. The inhabitants were edgy about a bunch of armed white people gathering around their homes and politely declined, and some formed the HPNGC instead. Marches increased around the time of the Brown/Garner incidents, but there was never any violence either from the gun club or the police.

Apparently there is some reason why this is much worse than the other Texan gun clubs/open carriers, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

They just exude this dark aura...

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Guavanaut posted:

So pretty much yes it's just racist white man bullshit in full swing.

I'm sorry crazy racist white people but if you're allowed march around carrying assault weapons they are too.

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!

"I'm sorry that you'e offended by The Truth that all Muslims are savages."

What a loving shithead.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Excuse me but guy-I've-never-heard-of has Muslim friends okay.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I love my friends even though they're huge scumbags and evil murderers and their prophet is a pedophile and a rapist and should be tortured in hell for all eternity and that's why I tell them about my personal relationship with jesus christ

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

hamster_style posted:

What a loving shithead.

http://www.justaskislam.com/32/does-islam-say-kill-the-infidels/

Not that it's needed here, but for Chrissakes, it was a 2 second Google search.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Willatron posted:

Let me tell you about taqiyya. :freep:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Willatron posted:

A 2 second google search actually is not sufficient in any cases to deal with religion because even the same religions followers always disagree on this poo poo.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Guavanaut posted:

Let me tell you about taqiyya. :freep:

I also must assume my friends are lying about everything or otherwise deceiving me in an attempt to disarm and make the world unprepared for the Muslim Armageddon that is soon at hand, even though I also think they are savages completely incapable of the normal, rational, and superior thoughts of the white man. Or if they are not, every Muslim they have ever loved or trusted is tricking them into also furthering this agenda subconsciously. The south will rise again

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

muike posted:

I also must assume my friends are lying about everything or otherwise deceiving me in an attempt to disarm and make the world unprepared for the Muslim Armageddon that is soon at hand, even though I also think they are savages completely incapable of the normal, rational, and superior thoughts of the white man. Or if they are not, every Muslim they have ever loved or trusted is tricking them into also furthering this agenda subconsciously. The south will rise again

I love gay people too, which is why I must regretfully inform them they're all pedophile America-hating terrorists who must be shipped off to torture camps for their own good.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

hamster_style posted:

What a loving shithead.

Only the ones that follow Muhammad, all the other ones are fine.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I'd say your missing quite a lot there Franky, but unfortunately you aren't the only one.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
How can I make this tragedy about me?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
WHAT loving MONEY TO ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!

hamster_style posted:

What a loving shithead.

Who were those people Jesus drove out of the temple? Bet it was for something no Republican would EVER be in support of.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This weeks helldump is gonna really hurt. Heads up on that. I may have to spread it out a bit to make it more bearable.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Fulchrum posted:

This weeks helldump is gonna really hurt. Heads up on that. I may have to spread it out a bit to make it more bearable.

Try to keep all the Islamophobia in one post. Or is that going to be difficult?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'll seperate it to Islamophobia and general shitheadery.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Fulchrum posted:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If I don't do it, someone else will.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Fulchrum posted:

C'mon Fulcrum, I just need a little hit to get me through to tomorrow. You know I'm good for it. Just a little rage.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
If you want rage, I was having a conversation and heard that apparently some rear end in a top hat in Florida threw his daughter off a bridge. Law enforcement is currently determining whether was still alive when she was thrown. :psyboom:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Willatron posted:

http://doesislamsaykilltheinfidels.com/ is not a currently active website, so it'd be prime for a isitchristmas.com style site.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I absolutely can't wait for the bitter mobs of people who had to pay for Community College complaining that someone else could get a better deal than them.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Fulchrum posted:

So do you find it more bearable to check LL101 in small doses, or to get through it all at once like pulling off a bandaid?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Chimera-gui posted:

If you want rage, I was having a conversation and heard that apparently some rear end in a top hat in Florida threw his daughter off a bridge. Law enforcement is currently determining whether was still alive when she was thrown. :psyboom:

That's not rage, though. That's just full on loving-depressing-let-the-missiles-fly. I always blew off the "you'll feel different when you're a parent" thing, but honestly: poo poo happening to kids seriously fucks with my head ever since my daughter was born.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Nth Doctor posted:

That's not rage, though. That's just full on loving-depressing-let-the-missiles-fly. I always blew off the "you'll feel different when you're a parent" thing, but honestly: poo poo happening to kids seriously fucks with my head ever since my daughter was born.

Yeah, the hardwiring really fucks with you. I couldn't even bring myself to watch that 'Prisoners' movie where Hugh Jackman's daughter is kidnapped and he goes batshit trying to find her. Parental instincts just see that scenario and go all :stonk:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

OAquinas posted:

Yeah, the hardwiring really fucks with you. I couldn't even bring myself to watch that 'Prisoners' movie where Hugh Jackman's daughter is kidnapped and he goes batshit trying to find her. Parental instincts just see that scenario and go all :stonk:

I can think of 3 moments off the top of my head about just dads and their children in just recent memory:

Lowtax and anyone who talks about his family
MeccaPrime (Super Pro LPer, Original, Do not steal) stopped LPing after Sandy Hook if I remember correctly.
Geoff Ramsey couldn't even watch the trailer for Dead Island all the way through because of the little girl falling out of the window. Full trailer here

So yeah, dads...I already understand you and I'm already apprehensive about that moment in my life. When I start voting Republican

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

SquadronROE posted:

I absolutely can't wait for the bitter mobs of people who had to pay for Community College complaining that someone else could get a better deal than them.

It's all over my Facebook currently. The best complaints are coming from people who didn't go to community college at all saying, "Well if I had known it was free I would have gone to college!!"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

LOL some stay at home mom is complaining about it on Facebook and says its not fair because her husband owes $150,000 in student loans.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Doctor Butts posted:

LOL some stay at home mom is complaining about it on Facebook and says its not fair because her husband owes $150,000 in student loans.

"My husband got hosed, and so should you juco losers!"

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

"My husband got hosed, and so should you juco losers!"

It would be fair to have the idea that this should be accompanied by some sort of student loan forgiveness for people who should have received the same benefits, but I feel like that's not the solution these people had in mind...

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

SquadronROE posted:

There's a bunch of angry people around me about it. Why? Because they think we can't afford it. I tried the angle of reducing the defense budget some and one person told me "You better be careful saying that around anybody who was or is in the military"

Probably gonna take that angle with the people I work with.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 9, 2015

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Or people to just suck it up and fix the system moving forward because that's the most pragmatic solution.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CowHammer posted:

It would be fair to have the idea that this should be accompanied by some sort of student loan forgiveness for people who should have received the same benefits, but I feel like that's not the solution these people had in mind...

"Get back in the bucket, you uppity whipper-snapper!"

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

Where's she from? I'm just trying to think of how long it would take even a top-tier overachieving student to rack up six figures in community college. NC's biggest one is Wake Tech, and I think their tuition maxes out at $1350 per semester for full-time in-state students (plus some extra fees, book costs, etc, but still).

Even if you gave the husband two years' worth of CC money as a debt-forgiveness refund, it wouldn't necessarily amount to a 10% reduction in his debt. Student loans are pretty messed-up in this country, but I'd rather kids get more time in community schooling than either rushing into university or not continuing their education. And it's darkly comedic once again to see the right grumbling about Obama embracing an enhanced version of something they pushed for in the past (McCain's CC proposal during the 2008 campaign).

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

sweart gliwere posted:

Where's she from? I'm just trying to think of how long it would take even a top-tier overachieving student to rack up six figures in community college. NC's biggest one is Wake Tech, and I think their tuition maxes out at $1350 per semester for full-time in-state students (plus some extra fees, book costs, etc, but still).

I wasn't succinct enough. I don't think she's saying her husband went to Community College. She just complains that all these people are getting a break when its so hard for them to get by because taxes are holding them down and also because of his student loan debt.

They live in a decent size/condition house and they can afford to have her as a stay at home Mom and live in a county with lower taxes.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 9, 2015

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

I wasn't succinct enough. I don't think she's saying her husband went to Community College. She just complains that all these people are getting a break when its so hard for them to get by because taxes are holding them down and also because of his student loan debt.

Yeah, I get that. I'm saying that the husband probably went for a long-term degree (MS, PhD, etc) and would've saved a ton if he'd taken care of basics in CC, or maybe he just spent longer than usual in a university, or chose a pricey one. Either way, taking a community approach at his start would've likely cut more out of that debt than a current-tuition CC cash refund would ever help him, and they should appreciate how big an investment in America's future it'd be. It's possible that her husband is some sort of genius whose classes wouldn't be available in community college, but I doubt it.

Obama's proposal is sticking to CC because it's usually the best deal when starting your tertiary or trade education, unless you're putzing around when choosing courses. I'm just curious about their situation because I've never checked CC costs outside of NC, maybe they're crazy somewhere else and it's less of a deal. But Wake's cost is essentially equal to Obama's proposal ($3800/yr IIRC).

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CowHammer posted:

that's pretty much the only reason my brother opposes it.

He and I both went to CC before going to 4 year schools, and he feels that all of us as a collective should get some relief.

We both agreed that (in theory) it's a great idea though. Certainly made college more affordable for the both of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

I would support my tax dollars being used for free college tuition for others, regardless of whether or nor there is some retroactive benefit towards my student loan debt, because education is a public good and I'm not some big gay baby that wants other people to have to overcome the same financial challenges I did as a matter of principle or some poo poo.