Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Rhonne posted:

That Water World show is pretty much the exact same one they had at the American Universal Studios when I was younger. That and the Indiana Jones stage shows were amazing.

Part of me still can't believe there's apparently a dude who's willing to be set on fire everyday for the sake of Waterworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Dias posted:

Why is Japanese Waterworld hype I don't get it

It's shorter than the movie, there's constant action, and a guy gets set on fire. Also it's automatically more awesome in Japanese because it looks and sounds like a Toku show.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rodyle posted:

Pat's ability to nearly always look and sound disdainful and unimpressed by everything is pretty hilarious.

His reaction to Japanese Hogwarts was amazing.

"Yeah, it's cool, but it's like a fake disney castle."
"You can go inside."
"Well that's alright I guess."

He seriously seems more impressed by the cheeseburger he had than anything else.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I would gladly watch a Michael Palin style series of travelogues featuring Pat, and shot by his partner.

It always impresses me how consistently good the live action stuff they do on the channel is.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 8, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

His reaction to Japanese Hogwarts was amazing.

"Yeah, it's cool, but it's like a fake disney castle."
"You can go inside."
"Well that's alright I guess."

He seriously seems more impressed by the cheeseburger he had than anything else.

Even though he doesn't have any kids, he really reminds me of a stereotypical gruff dad on vacation. "The castle wasn't THAT big but oh man the cheeseburgers!"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Great reaction and real talk on Rule of Rose. Part of me was hoping you'd cut to a image of the octopus costume because it's hilarious.

Not only do you become a literal octopus but Brown is replaced with some nightmare crab. Also fish weapon.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well that's that for Rule of Rose. I think "diamond in the rough" very much describes it. Still, it's probably one of my favourite game stories.

I won't fault you for it, but that last chapter actually has a ton more letters, diaries, descriptions and such scattered around the orphanage. They help elaborate/expand a bunch of the story and characterization in a more concrete way since you finally get a reliable narrator.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I would definitely watch an anime of Rule of Rose.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Chrispurple posted:

we've got the makings of a supergroup.

A traveling Josie and the Pussycats style band. With Zach on tambourine.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Pat States at Japan!

[Playing with dolls]

I am working! I am literally working right now!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

cmykjester posted:

New Pat States at Japan!

[Playing with dolls]

I am working! I am literally working right now!

That drunken hotel room tour segue was great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pat found that sickass secret waterfall and he didn't even check behind it for developer easter eggs?? Gamer Cred - -

edit: Hahaha I remember 9:00 from the Woolie video, he pretty much recreated some parts of it shot for shot.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 9, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"fighting game reference" "anime kawaii desu ne" "fart gas"

Took me longer that I care to admit to understand "Woolie" but hey.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I can't believe Pat met Optimus Primal in Japan!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh my god, all those rabbits were adorable.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

"fighting game reference" "anime kawaii desu ne" "fart gas"

Took me longer that I care to admit to understand "Woolie" but hey.

Out of curiosity, why did you put "Woolie" in quotes? Do you think Woolie Madden is his alias or something? Is he under witness protection after testifying against the Grenadan mafia? Is he actually Tupac Shakur?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

Out of curiosity, why did you put "Woolie" in quotes? Do you think Woolie Madden is his alias or something? Is he under witness protection after testifying against the Grenadan mafia? Is he actually Tupac Shakur?

No, it took me a while to understand why that specific toy was used for Woolie.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Make a ten episode series of nothing but Pat getting thrown under beds, thanks.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Ms. Angriest's impressions for the Zaibatsu were spot on. Especially Woolie.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Looked forward to that Panda ride. Was not disappointed.

Haha, that hotel segment was so...Pat.

Also seconding how ridiculously :3: those bunnies were.

Fake Edit: Hahaha, the ending is my favorite part. "FIGHTING GAME REFERENCE".

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Rule of Rose would work a lot better as an anything series than as a game. Pat missed a lot of little details about the story and their clarifications, which are mostly in the last orphanage section, but that's fine.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm not sure which was funnier. Grumpy Pat boredly shaking his fist at the DIO sign in the first Japan video, or bored Pat going "You gotta go fast..." and barely waving his arms around like Sonic in the second.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Best part was actually that little girl just running past the crazy white dude hanging in her playground without batting an eye. "Sandbox! :neckbeard:"

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

No, it took me a while to understand why that specific toy was used for Woolie.

Oh duh, I didn't realize you were talking about a video, I haven't seen the latest Japan video yet. I have shamed myself, ritual sudoku is the only way out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, just wanna say that Pat being totally lost and confused without his girlfriend is super cute :3:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Thank you Pat and Woolie for making me and my girlfriend start seriously considering a trip to Japan.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

CJacobs posted:

Also, just wanna say that Pat being totally lost and confused without his girlfriend is super cute :3:

Just the shot of him down some random quiet street and just "...ohhhh boy." was the Pattest.

I really wanna see Liam go to Japan. He'd be the most enthusiastic about everything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Frankly I'm surprised we didn't get a Liam video.

CJacobs posted:

Man that part freaked me out. Namely because while it was played for laughs if I was in that situation I'd have no loving idea what I'd do. "Hey yeah come pick me up, I'm at the corner of uh... uh... this dark alleyway. Please help."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Frankly I'm surprised we didn't get a Liam video.

no one can see what liam did in japan

man Pat's line about "a girl's relationship with her dog ruined her life" is the best description of rule of rose I've ever heard.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 9, 2015

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I'm sure it was legally impossible, but if Matt made a Cuba video it would've been 10/10 VOTY. I love me some Matt acting

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man that part freaked me out. Namely because while it was played for laughs if I was in that situation I'd have no loving idea what I'd do. "Hey yeah come pick me up, I'm at the corner of uh... uh... this dark alleyway. Please help."

At least if Pat gets lost all he has to do is a Solar Flare to show where he is.

Just follow the tremendous laser beam of reflected light burning through all the buildings.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
Pat talking about hot anime boy PSP dating games made my morning.

Edit: Also immediately followed by MonHun addiction and screaming at wizards.

Edit x2: Wait a second why is there a Waterworld section. Waterworld.

king of no pants fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 9, 2015

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

king of no pants posted:

Edit x2: Wait a second why is there a Waterworld section. Waterworld.

That Waterworld show is still going in the Hollywood Universal Studios, even.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

TUS posted:

Aw poo poo, Matt found out about The Young Bucks and Time Splitters!!!!!!!!

Edit- and RAINMAKER!!!!

Which episode is this on?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Jubs posted:

Which episode is this on?

Newest episode of the podcast.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Reading up on D4, apparently they demanded that Swery create memes in that game, things that'll catch on like the memes that came from Deadly Premonition. Swery answered by rewriting the script 7 times and getting really drunk.

I wonder if it worked.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Reading up on D4, apparently they demanded that Swery create memes in that game, things that'll catch on like the memes that came from Deadly Premonition. Swery answered by rewriting the script 7 times and getting really drunk.

I wonder if it worked.

Microsoft is so bad at everything

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Dexie posted:

Newest episode of the podcast.

Does anyone happen to have a timestamp?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wonder if it worked.

At least we got beautiful images of Kaysen stuffing his face as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wonder if it worked.

That's just so fuckin sad, publishers still don't understand poo poo about video games or the game making process :smith:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 10, 2015