Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It wont be the first time Sugita plays multiple characters by himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK5JZP3zeLQ&t=416s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not really. If anything, this season's been only 1/6th the passion of BF's love of gunpla :sigh:.

The Amazing Red Warrior was not built in a day, and the Meijin has only been spreading passion for a short time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gundam Build Fighters Try - Passion of the Christ Meijin

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Keep crossing your fingers that Meijin and Sei will become the leads.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Gundam Build Fighters Try - Passion of the Christ Meijin

I hope we get The Last Temptation of Meijin Kawaguchi III at some point.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BlitzBlast posted:

We have to wait and see what a post MEIJIN KAWAGUCHI show is like first.

Pretty much. Meijin's intervention looks to have set the show back on the right track but we have to see where they go from here now that he's not around to be hilarious. Signs are promising so far because they're putting real pre-tournament effort into this new batch of rivals; the only ones who haven't received any characterization so far are Nerd Powerlevel Trio who could very easily be taking the role of the Renato Brothers(not really interacting with anyone else and being underestimated until they suddenly emerge as a real threat).

Hope they stay on track.

nuru posted:

Keep crossing your fingers that Meijin and Sei will become the leads.

They've conspicuously avoided revealing the third member of Team Meijin so far so I'm really wondering if it actually is Sei.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Kanos posted:

the only ones who haven't received any characterization so far are Nerd Powerlevel Trio who could very easily be taking the role of the Renato Brothers(not really interacting with anyone else and being underestimated until they suddenly emerge as a real threat)

Ever since they showed up, I've been referring to them in my head as "the Renato Triplets." I doubt there's any actual relation to the Renatos, but thematically, that's what they seem to be going for with their design.

Kanos posted:

They've conspicuously avoided revealing the third member of Team Meijin so far so I'm really wondering if it actually is Sei.

Nah, my bet is it's gonna be either the Jigen Haoh user that the Gunpla folks have been hinting at, or Sekai's master.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm torn between wanting the team to work together to make the Try Burning or having Sekai just randomly bump into Sei and he gives the Burning a tune-up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Raxivace posted:

I hope we get The Last Temptation of Meijin Kawaguchi III at some point.

Don't give in to Kotobukiya kits, Meijin. Stay true to Bandai and Gunpla! :ohdear:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't give in to Kotobukiya kits, Meijin. Stay true to Bandai and Gunpla! :ohdear:

He just shows up to the finals with his insane mind control glasses from season 1 and a Frame Arms.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm torn between wanting the team to work together to make the Try Burning or having Sekai just randomly bump into Sei and he gives the Burning a tune-up.

I'd almost be tempted to have the former, then followed by the latter, but then subverted once Sei as has a look at the upgrades made. Y'know, realises its no longer only his own workmanship in there, and therefore refuses to sully someone else's work.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Between Yuuma and Fumina I can 100% believe they can make something utterly absurd. Maybe not Sei absurd but Sei's love of Gunpla is the result of an unhealthy plan by his father to create the Ultimate Builder. He was probably convinced in a Gunpla Testtube.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The episode preview on the site mentions that fumina is taking charge of the upgrades but its probably more on their design ideology than the actual construction. Yuuma and her will work on their own suits and all 3 will end up working on the Try Burning.

It would be great to see Seis reaction to the new Burning. Having a complete nerd meltdown because thats not how it was supposed to work would be great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The episode preview on the site mentions that fumina is taking charge of the upgrades but its probably more on their design ideology than the actual construction. Yuuma and her will work on their own suits and all 3 will end up working on the Try Burning.

It would be great to see Seis reaction to the new Burning. Having a complete nerd meltdown because thats not how it was supposed to work would be great.

I can't imagine Sei would do anything but get sparkly-eyed and amazed over a cool new gunpla.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ImpAtom posted:

Between Yuuma and Fumina I can 100% believe they can make something utterly absurd. Maybe not Sei absurd but Sei's love of Gunpla is the result of an unhealthy plan by his father to create the Ultimate Builder. He was probably convinced in a Gunpla Testtube.

Seiphiroth

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Lessail posted:

Seiphiroth

G-U-N-P-L-A

KoB
May 1, 2009

TARDISman posted:

He just shows up to the finals with his insane mind control glasses from season 1 and a Frame Arms Thrudgelmir.

:kamina:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
There's too many people that love gunpla in BFT and not enough that love gundam

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

There's too many people that love gunpla in BFT and not enough that love gundam

To be fair it appears to be a world where no new Gundam series have aired in 7 years or so.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I guess it's fair, but on the other hand, it would be a really bad idea to introduce a a "new" gundam tv show inside a gundam tv show like this one, I think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

I guess it's fair, but on the other hand, it would be a really bad idea to introduce a a "new" gundam tv show inside a gundam tv show like this one, I think.

Oh, it totally would. I'm mostly joking!

Although it'd be hilarious if they just made up completely ridiculous fake Gundam shows though. Heroic Ursine Squadron Bearguy and Sengoku Defense Robot ASTRAY.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Although it'd be hilarious if they just made up completely ridiculous fake Gundam shows though.

Gundam ZZZZ

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Although it'd be hilarious if they just made up completely ridiculous fake Gundam shows though. Heroic Ursine Squadron Bearguy and Sengoku Defense Robot ASTRAY.

Or Crossbone.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Gundam ZZZZ is so wide and fat that you can't actually get the whole thing into frame.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Gundam ZZZZ is so wide and fat that you can't actually get the whole thing into frame.

Actual ZZ gundam.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, They should make fake shows based on the previous tournament champions. :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair it appears to be a world where no new Gundam series have aired in 7 years or so.

It's been all HD remasters and compilation movies. :v:

Also, I like to imagine all the series that were plagued with executive meddling or bad writing in our own universe didn't have those problem in the Build Fighters universe. X never got their time slot changed, so their ratings never tanked and they got the full four cours. SEED Destiny was directed by someone who actually gave a poo poo, so it didn't go completely off the rails in the second half and the characters they brought back from SEED were actually written to be consistent with how they were at the end of SEED. 00's seasons weren't split up, so it wasn't subjected to executive meddling and the second half managed to keep the same tone from the first half and didn't just fall back into generic Gundam plot beats. Someone who actually knew what they were doing wrote and directed AGE so it wasn't a complete steaming pile of poo poo. You know, stuff like that.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I'd hope that Gundam is a whole genre that keeps getting on TV and people just accept giant robots in other shows. Not like being Gundam shows, but any time people have to go somewhere they get in a gundam.

Daytime television would have All My Gundams, Gundam Hospital. Primetime could have Newtype Detectives, Pimp My GM, Satellite Cannons of Love. Endless.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm still hoping that at some point there is a Leo. Maybe Sei will use one, though I guess he doesn't really seem like a grunt suit kind of guy. Perhaps Greco Logan will have swapped to one.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
You know there'd be a reality show about the world's worst Gunpla builders (while Sakai tries to help them while failing to adequately explain what they're doing wrong or even to express himself). I just picture a scene where his hands are a blur and he finishes an entire RG in 30 seconds and then asks, "Now, do you see what you're doing wrong?"

That snap-built victory kit review from the Gunpla thread with all the flash hanging off it would be a season 1 entrant. I love that thing. :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

You know there'd be a reality show about the world's worst Gunpla builders (while Sakai tries to help them while failing to adequately explain what they're doing wrong or even to express himself). I just picture a scene where his hands are a blur and he finishes an entire RG in 30 seconds and then asks, "Now, do you see what you're doing wrong?"

That snap-built victory kit review from the Gunpla thread with all the flash hanging off it would be a season 1 entrant. I love that thing. :allears:

Hell's Gunpla? I'd watch it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

PoptartsNinja posted:

That was the blue destiny. I cannot forget

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I think he means my masterpiece.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
how could i forget that one either

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

How much do you want to bet there's some rich dork with too much time on his hands and his own plavsky particle generator who builds his models by tossing the runners directly on to the field, sets the damage level to A, then uses a Gunpla to cut the pieces out and assemble them?

Why sand nubs off when you can BEAM SABER THEM OFF!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

W.T. Fits posted:

Why sand nubs off when you can BEAM SABER THEM OFF!

Now I have to model a Hi-Mock with the paint gun and a Brush-"saber"

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I think he means my masterpiece.

Oh ... oh god! What is that!? What have you done? Can't you hear the cries of your Gunpla? THE V2 IS CRYING! :negative:

The Meijin ought to slap some sense into you.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Caros posted:

Oh ... oh god! What is that!? What have you done? Can't you hear the cries of your Gunpla? THE V2 IS CRYING! :negative:

The Meijin ought to slap some sense into you.

The V-Sprue Gundam is pretty cool, ok

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if it's possible to build a Gunpla so bad it just like instantly self-destructs if you put it on a Gunpla Base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Caros posted:

I wonder if Shia sees something like that she'd get sensory overload and end up like Kamille.

• Locked thread