Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cap 2 has 2 sidekicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrFlibble posted:

I like Roy as a character - theres a lot of potential for him there and maybe i'm just a sucker for sidekicks in general (Off hand the only super hero movie that had a sidekick in recently was captain america 1).

But I also think its great that Roy's main trait at the moment is useless flipping.

My favourite was when someone threatened Thea so Roy did this useless time consuming flip only to get knocked out immediately after landing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Cap 2 has 2 sidekicks.

It had 2 heroes. Falcon was Cap and Widow's sidekick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Widow doesn't have any sequences where she isn't literally kicking people on the side for Cap.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

Cap 2 has 2 sidekicks.

Sidekicks are a different thing than heroes.

Aphrodite posted:

Widow doesn't have any sequences where she isn't literally kicking people on the side for Cap.

This is acceptable though.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Sober posted:

It's apparently possible that Supergirl, despite airing on CBS, will be able to crossover with Arrow and Flash. Awesome.

CW is a joint venture between CBS and WB

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

Supergirl first episode will just be an hourlong FOX news talking heads report with them all yelling about how American morals are disappearing with the coming of aliens, and how the Founding Fathers didn't want to give even normal women the right to vote, so this one that flies around should be put to death. Also, look at her breasts.

If they actually do cast Gemma Atkinson, how could anybody not?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

My favourite was when someone threatened Thea so Roy did this useless time consuming flip only to get knocked out immediately after landing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lol Thea doesnt even look down as he falls, too busy being embarrassed for both of them

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

If they actually do cast Gemma Atkinson, how could anybody not?

Speaking of Gemma Atkinson...

(She posted those photos to her Facebook page)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't scan them but there's a neat 2-page ad running in DC comics this month for both shows with "the Bolt" on the Flash side and "the Bow" on the Arrow side.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Also Gemma just joined some ITV soap opera

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Gaz-L posted:

You'd have to work in the "Look! Up in the sky!" bit somewhere.

And I kinda want the crossover to happen if only so they ditch the idea of Superman already existing in the Supergirl show. It's a fresher idea if she's the first one.
(Well, OK, Smallville technically did it, but... y'know... Smallville)
Yes, as far as I can tell from the coverage of the show being a thing being talked about by Bertlanti and co., Supergirl is the Krypton survivor, there's no Kal-el/Clark Kent/Superman that is a thing before Supergirl. Not explicitly confirmed, but pretty much has to be the case because it shares the same universe (presumably) with Flash and Arrow.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but any ideas what we're seeing in the first few seconds of that new promo? Looks to me like a lantern, that happens to be green. Am I looking too much into it?

Judging that no one seems to have mentioned that, I'm probably going to feel completely dumb when I find out it is something completely different.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

This deleted scene is even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5gfYXksDY4 It was a good sign of things to come when you go up against the al-Ghuls, you get beat down hard and effortlessly.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
They really like shooting venom into Roy's neck

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Keeku posted:

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but any ideas what we're seeing in the first few seconds of that new promo? Looks to me like a lantern, that happens to be green. Am I looking too much into it?

Judging that no one seems to have mentioned that, I'm probably going to feel completely dumb when I find out it is something completely different.

It's very probably like 99.5% nothing, but I will mark the gently caress out on that sliver of a chance that it's the Golden Age Green Lantern's power battery in its Chinese lamp incarnation.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
This thread has me constantly hoping for John "Stewart" Diggle and I will not settle for anything less now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

This thread has me constantly hoping for John "Stewart" Diggle and I will not settle for anything less now.

It's like poetry; it rhymes. Seriously hadn't even considered that possibility but that would be the best way of getting GL on Arrow.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

McSpanky posted:

It's very probably like 99.5% nothing, but I will mark the gently caress out on that sliver of a chance that it's the Golden Age Green Lantern's power battery in its Chinese lamp incarnation.

It's not even green.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

It's not even green.

What's not green? The thing in the promo or the Golden Age Green Lantern's power battery in its Chinese lamp incarnation? If we're talking about the thing in the promo, it's definitely a mix of green and yellow for sure (eyedropper tool in paint on a screencap is showing a mix between the two).

I doubt it will actually be a green lantern in the power battery sense, but after viewing a screencap of the shot it looks intentional as a lantern that's glowing greenish yellow. I'd guess it's an easter egg or something but otherwise not important.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

CeeJee posted:

This deleted scene is even better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5gfYXksDY4 It was a good sign of things to come when you go up against the al-Ghuls, you get beat down hard and effortlessly.

That's cool. So they have been filming Roy doing some cool fighting, but it always get's edited down to, "Roy looking tough /snip/ Roy unconcious." ?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

spookygonk posted:

That's cool. So they have been filming Roy doing some cool fighting, but it always get's edited down to, "Roy looking tough /snip/ Roy unconcious." ?

What I remember hearing is that season two had a ton of Roy scenes that got cut mostly for time.

Which makes sense, since every episode is jam-packed with material.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

that explains my major complaint with s2 which is that they had the big scene where Roy joins the team and then hes not there for like 3 eps. That clip is specifically from the ep after he joins.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

What I remember hearing is that season two had a ton of Roy scenes that got cut mostly for time.

Which makes sense, since every episode is jam-packed with material.

Jam-packed with material, such as the exciting and meaningful relationship between Thea and the DJ.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

enraged_camel posted:

Jam-packed with material, such as the exciting and meaningful relationship between Thea and the DJ.

You're thinking of season 3.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Stephen just posted on Facebook saying that Arrow's getting a fourth season!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

CW really rubbing it in, writing his character out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Some Numbers posted:

Yep all the CW's fall shows were renewed.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Mooseontheloose posted:

CW really rubbing it in, writing his character out.

He's just going to be a guest like Tommy or Shado.

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 12, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

http://deadline.com/2015/01/cw-looking-to-expand-dc-comics-universe-with-atom-tca-1201347223/

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

In assuming if Ray gets his own show they'd let him shrink? Basically, not that they didn't like the power set, but didn't think it would fit in Arrow.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Klungar posted:

In assuming if Ray gets his own show they'd let him shrink? Basically, not that they didn't like the power set, but didn't think it would fit in Arrow.

My understanding was that they wanted to use a different character (Ted Kord/Blue Beetle) but were not allowed, so they're basically adapting Palmer to fit that role, with some appropriate modifications. I imagine if they gave him his own show they'd eventually let him shrink.

At least, I hope so!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel is about to release a film where the lead's only power is to shrink. I'd be okay with TV Atom being Iron Man-lite. I'm also holding out hope that we'll get a Firestorm show as well. If they went that route I wonder if Caitlynn would leave Flash.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CW is also doing a web exclusive animated show for the character Vixen which is set in the Arrow/Flash universe. They've said she would probably eventually show up on the live shows as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

CW is also doing a web exclusive animated show for the character Vixen which is set in the Arrow/Flash universe. They've said she would probably eventually show up on the live shows as well.

I wonder how they'll work that, cast an actress to be the animated version and then the live action as well? I'm very curious and looking forward to any and all DC heroes they introduce.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's the look of it I guess

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

But how will Emily Bett Rickards be in 3 shows at once?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Rhyno posted:

I wonder how they'll work that, cast an actress to be the animated version and then the live action as well? I'm very curious and looking forward to any and all DC heroes they introduce.
It depends? Maybe if Amell/Gustin do the voices in the cartoon they'd work a little harder to find someone who's more than just a voice actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah this is all really implying that Arrow is bound to start going down the superpowered/metahuman road. Especially if they bring Oliver back through the Lazarus Pits.

Only problem with Atom getting its own spinoff would be how they're going to get him his own city. Arrow has at least 2 more seasons (4 and 5) to go through so Starling City is their turf, and Flash has Central City. I mean unless they plan on crossing over Atom/Arrow consistently, Palmer's gonna have to move out.

• Locked thread