Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I would make one, however half of my old laptop's keys just suddenly stopped functioning.

If you don't make one then I will. I don't watch Durara however and the content of the op will reflect this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

If you don't make one then I will. I don't watch Durara however and the content of the op will reflect this

If this means you'll make the character descriptions up based on images I'm in favor of this outcome.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I would make one, however half of my old laptop's keys just suddenly stopped functioning.
Are you Monty Oum? Your workflow must be amazing now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I ended up making the DRRR thread. I'm lazy so I just copied a bunch of stuff from the website. Hopefully thats enough.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I also started a new thread for an upcoming anime this following season right here.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Does talk about anime conventions go here, in the LAN threads, or in another completely new ADTRW thread?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think in this brave new world it would have its own new thread.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

There have been threads here for conventions before, just make one. I don't think they got a lot of traffic but who cares.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I gave up on Saekano after the second time it went 'lol only terrible anime do this' after just doing the exact same thing. That was about four minutes in.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://animatorexpo.com/tomorrowfromthere/
Tomorrow From There, Studio Khara's eighth short

I really like it, but I think my understanding is lacking. It seems that she's studying/applying for something, then gets rejected? And in getting herself lost fun times appear, and she goes back to her daily routine with a smile. Anyone understand what the song actually says?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Did the Stardust Cruisader anime thread fall into archives or something? I can't find it anymore.

BTW, Jojo's returned today.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

ViggyNash posted:

Did the Stardust Cruisader anime thread fall into archives or something? I can't find it anymore.

BTW, Jojo's returned today.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616646&pagenumber=142#lastpost

coathat
May 21, 2007

Gatachaman Crowds insight sometime this year. Will have blue. Get hype. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-01-09/2nd-gatchaman-crowds-season-blurb-teases-story-premise/.83077

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Yeah, 4chan can probably maintain a higher level of discourse.

well yeah but that was always true

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

1st season was fantastic and all the problems were fixed with the BDs. It was easily one of the most progressive works in anime I've seen. Hopefully the director doesnt run into production issues and gets more budget.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

1st season was fantastic and all the problems were fixed with the BDs. It was easily one of the most progressive works in anime I've seen. Hopefully the director doesnt run into production issues and gets more budget.

Did they actually make good on redoing the ending for the BDs? Might be time for a rewatch.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Thoom posted:

Did they actually make good on redoing the ending for the BDs? Might be time for a rewatch.

Yep, and it owned.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
I quite liked Gatchaman Crowds, nice to hear it is getting a second season. Thankfully they extended the finale on the Blurays. I remember the aired version feeling rushed and bit lacking.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is the extended ending on Crunchyroll?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crunchyroll is always the TV versions. That's part of the deal. If they showed the blu-ray versions, then why would people buy the blu-rays?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Is the extended ending on Crunchyroll?

No which is why I thought it never actually came out. Gatchaman was great and I'm real excited for another season

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

serebralassazin posted:

I quite liked Gatchaman Crowds, nice to hear it is getting a second season. Thankfully they extended the finale on the Blurays. I remember the aired version feeling rushed and bit lacking.

They literally skipped over the climax. It was weird!

This is even werider for Americans, because Sentai released a dubbed blu-ray of the show, but they only had rights to what aired on TV so that isn't in. I imagine that the fans of 70s Gatchaman who bought it based on nostalgia were probably already confused, and then it ends like that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

Crunchyroll is always the TV versions. That's part of the deal. If they showed the blu-ray versions, then why would people buy the blu-rays?

Well, Jojo season 1 was the blu ray and I think they've been replacing Terraformars with the uncensored BD so I was just making sure.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yep, and it owned.

Yes, but very importantly not on the US blurays.

This has been mentioned but it deserves emphasis because it fuckin sucks.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Strong Mouse posted:

Did any good new anime come out today? I can't wait for tomorrow for Durarara and Assassination Classroom.

Military! - No.

Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Grilfriend - That was an episode of something. I kind of enjoyed it a bit, and I will probably end up watching a few episodes of it. There really isn't much to say though. Hopefully more things get introduced in the next couple of episodes.

Military! kinda rolls around in its terribleness but it's short so I'll give ita few more episodes.

Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Grilfriend on the other hand is set up like a typical harem anime except the main girl is the only one not actively lusting for the MC's cock and lacks any of the standard traits for a harem character. There's the possibility of it being self aware of it's genre and playing with it since it opens with fanservice and a discussion of what makes a good anime. Also on the three episode test

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, Jojo season 1 was the blu ray and I think they've been replacing Terraformars with the uncensored BD so I was just making sure.

That wasn't a replacement, but a limited time hype thing sort of like the Jojo dubs. Also, all of the special stuff with those two shows is done through an agreement between Crunchyroll and Warner Bros. Japan. Gatchaman Crowds is Sentai, and Sentai rarely does anything fancy like that. We're actually pretty lucky that the subs for the show aren't a garbled mess.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Assasination Classroom was ok, but Seiji Kishi is still incompetent and the majority of the episode was the viewpoint MC narrating a bunch of exposition. Also, Korosensei's VA is kinda bland, imo.

As is, the manga is much better.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wow I totally wasn't expecting that sort of OP for Death Parade. I like it.

Can't wait for the DDR dance battle episode.

E: Wow that was a real neat first episode. A lot less ambiguous than the Anime Mirai OVA, but it worked a lot better as a TV episode.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 9, 2015

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What did the BRs change? The last few eps had bizarre pacing and conclusion but I loved the series.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Ya unfortunately crunchy roll doesn't have the extended version and the American release doesn't either which was pretty dumb when I heard about it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

pandaK posted:

Wow I totally wasn't expecting that sort of OP for Death Parade. I like it.

Holy poo poo, that OP was explosively unexpected. And also pretty drat neat.

pandaK posted:

Wow that was a real neat first episode. A lot less ambiguous than the Anime Mirai OVA, but it worked a lot better as a TV episode.

I think that was about as perfect an opener they could have come up with. This is definitely going to be an interesting ride.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

nuru posted:

What did the BRs change? The last few eps had bizarre pacing and conclusion but I loved the series.

They added about 15 minutes of brand new content plus restructured the last bit for it to flow better. The extra content basically resolve the plot for the people that got knocked out while in Crowds form, Hajime's final confrontation with Katze and how all the characters are doing after those events after a small time skip.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I liked Death Parade. :)

I never saw the short though, is that worth watching?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I liked Death Parade. :)

I never saw the short though, is that worth watching?

I personally enjoyed it quite a bit actually. It's short enough that I'd say if you're enjoying what you're seeing right now there's no reason not to watch it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They added about 15 minutes of brand new content plus restructured the last bit for it to flow better. The extra content basically resolve the plot for the people that got knocked out while in Crowds form, Hajime's final confrontation with Katze and how all the characters are doing after those events after a small time skip.

They also change something important in that OD doesn't die (not that it ever made sense for him to die while Utsutsu and her healing powers were readily available).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rand Brittain posted:

They also change something important in that OD doesn't die (not that it ever made sense for him to die while Utsutsu and her healing powers were readily available).

I thought he showed up at the very end even in the broadcast version, because I remember being very concerned about that and looking for him.

Who ended up with Death Parade? NM answered my own question. I watch Funi shows on Hulu and they just haven't put it out yet.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 9, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Samba De Amigo posted:

I personally enjoyed it quite a bit actually. It's short enough that I'd say if you're enjoying what you're seeing right now there's no reason not to watch it.

I just finished it, and it was also very good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also I hope they don't rely on the bodyparts gimmick for every single gamble though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cant get into the magical boy show because i hate the character designs

when people said 'magical boys' i was expecting like, capes and princely type outfits. tuxedo mask from sailor moon, or the male duelists from utena

instead everyone looks like they're wearing diaper and bibs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

i cant get into the magical boy show because i hate the character designs

when people said 'magical boys' i was expecting like, capes and princely type outfits. tuxedo mask from sailor moon, or the male duelists from utena

instead everyone looks like they're wearing diaper and bibs

That's because they aren't boys who are magical but magical girls who happened to be boys. They are trying to get as close as possible to the magical girl look while still using boy clothes. It is very very silly but that's part of the joke.

devtesla fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 9, 2015

• Locked thread