Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Parmesan Basil posted:

I cannot imagine a more wasted career than the one Dez Bryant would have at KC
It would finally let Alex Smith go deep like he's always wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Alex Smith is the NFLs most boring QB

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Yaws posted:

Alex Smith is the NFLs most boring QB

Russell Wilson says hi.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
At least Russell Wilson can be fun to watch. Alex Smith is boring on and off the field.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ChocolatePancake posted:

At least Russell Wilson can be fun to watch. Alex Smith is boring on and off the field.

Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3szXpKYCVo

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Alex smith loving rules

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Kind of bored with running quarterbacks after years of people hyping Vick/Kaepernick/Manziel. Alex Smith needed to hop on that bandwagon a decade ago. Standing in the pocket like a Manningesque turret is the new hotness.

Edit: I want a star quarterback with no legs at all.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ah yes, the one game in history that Alex Smith was interesting, good example

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

BGrifter posted:

Kind of bored with running quarterbacks after years of people hyping Vick/Kaepernick/Manziel. Alex Smith needed to hop on that bandwagon a decade ago. Standing in the pocket like a Manningesque turret is the new hotness.

Edit: I want a star quarterback with no legs at all.

Drew Bledsoe retired years ago.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Febreeze posted:

Ah yes, the one game in history that Alex Smith was interesting, good example

http://youtu.be/uTmBvPg-Kto?t=4m53s

You're right. Alex Smith is only responsible for two of the ten best games of the decade, what a boob.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Slate Action posted:

Winning a bunch of regular season games is the Atlanta sports team version of winning a championship.

This is not a joke. This is true and it's not funny.

Especially where it relates to the Hawks.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

http://youtu.be/uTmBvPg-Kto?t=4m53s

You're right. Alex Smith is only responsible for two of the ten best games of the decade, what a boob.

Oh right, I forgot about the game when everyone praised his performance and gunslinger throws because of how unusual it was compared to everything Alex Smith normally is, a game that he lost anyway because Andrew Luck proved to be more interesting

You can't call a QB exciting and fun because of two good games. That second game was interesting for the Colts comeback anyway, not really because of Smith. When I think of that game I think of the Chiefs choking and Luck's fumble TD

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 9, 2015

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Alex Smith is a good Starting QB but boring as hell.

The only thing funny he has done was that Burger King commercial.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 9, 2015

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Febreeze posted:

You can't call a QB exciting and fun because of two games. I guess Matt Flynn is unironically a super exciting phenom now, instead of an ironic one

Now you've gone too far. Alex Smith may be boring, but you don't mess with the Flynnsanity. :colbert:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Athanatos posted:

Alex Smith is a good Starting QB but boring as hell.

Even his name is boring

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Yaws posted:

Even his name is boring

Nah, it's half of Steve Smith's name and anything related to Steve Smith can't possibly be boring.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Febreeze posted:

Oh right, I forgot about the game when everyone praised his performance and gunslinger throws because of how unusual it was compared to everything Alex Smith normally is, a game that he lost anyway because Andrew Luck proved to be more interesting

You can't call a QB exciting and fun because of two good games. That second game was interesting for the Colts comeback anyway, not really because of Smith. When I think of that game I think of the Chiefs choking and Luck's fumble TD

Smith unleashed the dragon, had a Wilson ex bullshit scramble throw, and underhand tossed to the TE in traffic for TDs in that game. He was a huge part of why that game was interesting and not a blowout the second Jamaal Charles was carted off the field. Smith is mobile and can make most of the throws he needs to, dude has plenty of highlights over the years that are fun and worth watching. He's not even particularly bland personality wise compared to the Elis, Flaccos, and Wilsons of the NFL.

Also, the NFL is absolutely defined by small sample size. The story of Eli Manning boils down to the helmet catch and that gorgeous sideline throw in his two Superbowl appearances. I don't feel like Alex Smith being a key component of only two of the best games the NFL ever played is a big mark against him.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He's not even particularly bland personality wise compared to the Elis, Flaccos, and Wilsons of the NFL.

loving lol

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't feel like Alex Smith being a key component of only two of the best games the NFL ever played is a big mark against him.

it is when they are the only two times Alex Smith was exciting. I remember that Colts game well, everyone was freaking out because Holy poo poo Alex Smith was slinging the ball, that never happens! Flacco, Eli, and the rest of them have far more exciting games, both good and bad. Eli is never boring, he's always a star or a giant derpfest. If we were to assign offensive plays to players, Alex Smith would be a checkdown for 3 yards on 2nd and 10. Flacco, for all his boring personality, has even had his boring personality become part of why he's interesting and his fu-manchu stache is more exciting than anything from Alex Wonderbread Smith. No one talks about Alex Smith's personality, because Alex Smith is true boredom

The Puppy Bowl posted:

dude has plenty of highlights over the years that are fun and worth watching.

yeah like that one time the 49ers stadium chanted for Carr instead

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 9, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Parm Basil is loving dying right now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The most exciting quarterback is Jay Cutler.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I don't think Derek Carr is going to be very exciting but he owns a whole lot

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I will concede that Flacco takes boring to such an extreme that it loops around to become interesting, but this

Febreeze posted:

yeah like that one time the 49ers stadium chanted for Carr

was funny as hell and is definitely a point in Smith's favor.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

I don't think Derek Carr is going to be very exciting but he owns a whole lot

That play in the 49ers game when he rolled left under pressure, pointed and guided the WR, and threw an ace ball before getting creamed was badass, that poo poo was exciting

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I meant his personality

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Drew Bledsoe retired years ago.

connor halliday and his new bionic legs are the heir to his immobile throne

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I looked through QBs trying to find someone more boring than Alex Smith and I had a few names I could make a good argument for, but then I saw Chad Henne is still in the league. Alex's tiny hands are more interesting and compelling than the entirety of Chad Henne

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

I looked through QBs trying to find someone more boring than Alex Smith and I had a few names I could make a good argument for, but then I saw Chad Henne is still in the league. Alex's tiny hands are more interesting and compelling than the entirety of Chad Henne

Blaine Gabbert's Mullet is more interesting than Alex Smith, and will be better liked in San Francisco than Alex Smith ever was.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

you only prove my point, what less interesting position is there in football than Jacksonville backup QB?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

wheez the roux posted:

connor halliday and his new bionic legs are the heir to his immobile throne

I want an amputee quarterback on a post the offensive line carry down the field after every play.

Of course JJ Watt knocking a man with no legs off his post with tremendous force would probably scar the viewing audience for life.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

this gif is proof that an image can sound like norm macdonald

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

you only prove my point, what less interesting position is there in football than Jacksonville backup QB?

Titans longsnapper

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wheez the roux posted:

Note to self, NFL back-up role... NOT AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Titans longsnapper

Hey now, that guy is more important in a Titans game that the QB these days.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Chilichimp posted:

Parm Basil is loving dying right now.

When does his Alex Smith toxx expire? I want an essay on how much he hates him and how it's starting to bleed into his personal life.

Also yes, Alex Smith unleashed the dragon in the Colts game - for one half. Once the 2nd half came about he returned to his normal self. It seemed like an anomaly but he absolutely was a big reason that game wasn't a fanbase killing slaughter.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
He meant on extra points.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I would not have a beer with Alex Smith

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I would not have a beer with Alex Smith

I was about to say "I would, it would be a cool story to tell my grandkids," then I realized that absolutely no one would care. Not even Chiefs fans.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I have a feeling he carries conversations with his friends(?) the same way he talks to the media after the game. Going fishing with him for an afternoon would probably be exhausting.

Edit: Smith still isn't the most boring QB when you've got poo poo like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJmEsqo2Ug

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

wheez the roux posted:

nailed it

• Locked thread