Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Internet Kraken posted:

Kraid is kind of fat and stupid looking. He's not very intimidating honestly.

Kraid was always fat and stupid looking. Still a shame that he never appeared in the Prime trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

dijon du jour posted:

I'm playing Prime right now and everything is wonderful and also I am holding copies of Little King's Story, Klonoa, and Dewy's Adventure for some reason???
Why does this happen every time I go look through my game collection.

Little King's Story is also a great (and completely absurd) game, I really need to re-play that one of these days. :)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Kraid is kind of fat and stupid looking. He's not very intimidating honestly.

Say that again.

Say, why does Zero Mission's artstyle remind me of a western comic? Like, I can't think of one specifically but it seems similar.

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 9, 2015

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Little King's Story is also a great (and completely absurd) game, I really need to re-play that one of these days. :)

Oddly enough, I found my virtua quest gc game hiding last night....that's one that should be on the awful block. The cutscenes are basically rising zan with virtua fighters.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

flatluigi posted:

If I remember right, when the second one was announced he had said he wanted the first donation (which was read off as Notch) anonymous. Except the tracker included that one and the one after it with the first one.

I appreciate the man wants his privacy but literally nobody else donates so much year after year, so...

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

HGH posted:

Say that again.

Say, why does Zero Mission's artstyle remind me of a western comic? Like, I can't think of one specifically but it seems similar.

With that goofy metal helmet, all I can see is :haw:

As for the art style, it sort of gives me a Moebius vibe, but I know a lot of other comic fans who would kill for a Metroid series done by Mike Mignola.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Dude on the right sounds eerily like Alex Navarro

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Schurik posted:

Well, he was on the awful block... :)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Schurik posted:

I was thinking the same thing.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I still love that Ridleys feet do no damage.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

HGH posted:

Say that again.

I'm reminded of the Vanguard Demon from Demon's Souls.

Which is too say, yeah he still looks pretty goofy :v:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

These guys are pretty good at expalining whats going on.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ha, that's an apt comparison. Yeah I can't argue for Kraid.
Also Ridley's chicken noises are amusing but I'm glad they're not the Fusion squeals.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

UraniumAnchor posted:

World9 Gaming provided a ton of practice equipment and is running the practice room for us.

I'm not certain what Tiny Build gave us, and rom isn't around for me to ask.

I heard from people at the event that the equipment wasn't in great condition (rf only consoles, bad controllers, snes consoles weren't soft modded, etc)so people have been resorting to practicing in the casual room. Is there any reason why that sponsor was selected without a quality check for the equipment?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
This isn't a 100% speedrun right? I hope someone does one eventually because this game expects you to do some some frankly absurd shinesparking to collect everything and I want to see those destroyed.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

HGH posted:

Ha, that's an apt comparison. Yeah I can't argue for Kraid.
Also Ridley's chicken noises are amusing but I'm glad they're not the Fusion squeals.

The best thing by far is is his dance in Prime 3 when he's vulnerable. I think Slowbeef was nearly in tears during his LP the first time he saw it.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
Ridley sounds like YSG

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I feel like that one guy who doesn't really care about metroid games that much, but I'm the same with zelda.

The gta VC runat like 4am my time was kinda awesome

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

DARPA Dad posted:

Ridley sounds like YSG

I laughed and felt bad

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Uznare posted:

I heard from people at the event that the equipment wasn't in great condition (rf only consoles, bad controllers, snes consoles weren't soft modded, etc)so people have been resorting to practicing in the casual room. Is there any reason why that sponsor was selected without a quality check for the equipment?

How the hell do you soft mod an SNES?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Is this like a remake of the first game?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

That's what I was wondering, all the mods I know of are very much hardware or tab related mods.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Bholder posted:

Is this like a remake of the first game?

That's exactly what it is.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

Nintendo Kid posted:

Referring to the plastic tabs being clipped, so people cant use j carts on practice consoles.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Uznare posted:

Can't speak for the rest but "bad controllers" is kind of silly to complain about since people were supposed to be bringing their own anyway.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Uznare posted:

Referring to the plastic tabs being clipped, so people cant use j carts on practice consoles.

Oh, well that's kind of weird for the console not to have then.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Mother... Brain?!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

I feel like that one guy who doesn't really care about metroid games that much

You're not alone. I never really got into the gametype so never developed much interest.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Matty's the coolest.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
!

That was well executed.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Nintendo Kid posted:

Not sure, maybe he's talking about the tab removal? I think they were std NTSC-U units with tabs

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That was just lovely :allears:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
!

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

UraniumAnchor posted:

Can't speak for the rest but "bad controllers" is kind of silly to complain about since people were supposed to be bringing their own anyway.

Yeah, I'm not there myself so I can't say anything but I heard about it a couple of times in the last few days.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tracula posted:

That's exactly what it is.

With a stealth section added on to the end that apparently only I despised that contributes to that whole "Samus's armor is really imaginary or some poo poo" canon.

Is there a reason this guy keeps saving at save points? Doesn't he care about the FRAMEZZZZ?

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
this last shot is a pain

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Marathon safety because most stuff will kill him in two or three hits.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

raditts posted:

Is there a reason this guy keeps saving at save points? Doesn't he care about the FRAMEZZZZ?

He is on hard mode and to keep things marathon safe he is making safety saves.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I don't really know much about the PCF, but one of my friends was asking about what percentage of the money they raise goes towards the cause itself vs. administrative expenses and if they're registered or not in the US. Anyone have a citation for either offhand? (this person isn't a redditor or a channer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DARPA Dad posted:

this last shot is a pain

So I've heard!

• Locked thread