Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Segmentation Fault posted:

So what is causing this and how do I fix it?

Somebody take the placeholder textures, run a sharpen filter and release the "Real Immersive 4xHD Better Textual Banners" pack, this fits my artistic vision exactly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
"Daedracon 4E201 Markarth"

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the Community Uncapper. I'm trying to mess around so that the non-combat skills like enchanting and sneak don't affect leveling at all, but they seem to be working normally.

code:
[PCLevelSkillExpMults]
; Set the Skill Experience to Player's Character Experience Multipliers to
; betwen 0.0 and 10000.0
; Using too low or too high values may crash the game. Handle them with caution.
; Default game value = 1.0
; (Setting bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel to 1, will use Character Level instead of Base Skill Level for the subsections)

fAlchemy=0.0
fAlteration=1.0
fArchery=1.0
fBlock=1.0
fConjuration=1.0
fDestruction=1.0
fEnchanting=0.0
fHeavyArmor=1.0
fIllusion=1.0
fLightArmor=1.0
fLockpicking=0.0
fOneHanded=1.0
fPickpocket=0.0
fRestoration=1.0
fSmithing=0.0
fSneak=0.0
fSpeech=0.0
fTwoHanded=1.0

bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel=0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Alchemy]
1=0.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Alteration]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Archery]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Block]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Conjuration]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Destruction]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Enchanting]
1=0.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\HeavyArmor]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Illusion]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\LightArmor]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Lockpicking]
1=0.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\OneHanded]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Pickpocket]
1=0.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Restoration]
1=1.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Smithing]
1=0.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Sneak]
1=0.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\Speech]
1=0.0

[PCLevelSkillExpMults\TwoHanded]
1=1.0
Am I missing something?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

There's an option further up in the file that determines whether various features are used. Make sure you have it set to 1.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Aha! Thank you.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is supreme storms insanely ugly to anyone else? I got a fresh install going all pimped out with mods and here comes this insanely badly done rain effect which ruins everything. Had to get rid of it on the spot.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, you could carefully, one by one, check each mod you're using to figure out which arcane script interaction is causing it.

Or you could just install the motherfuckin' Brawl Bugs Cheat Patch and get back to having fun. This patch simply makes it so you can do anything in brawls without it turning into a real battle. Note: I didn't make this, I just rescued it from an obscure mediafire link, but I swear by it now.

You need to install it over the standard Brawl Bugs Patch.

Sorry for the dumb-seeming question, but what do you mean by "install over"? The Brawl Bugs patch I have doesn't have any scrips (unless they are tucked away in the BSA), but that seems to be the only contents of this patch. Should I just install it as its own mod lower in the mod order (in MO) than the Brawl Bugs patch, or not use the Brawl Bugs patch at all and only use this instead?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
The Brawl Bugs Patch's BSA contains several scripts.
Loose files will override files packed in BSAs, so if you don't use MO you can load Brawl Bugs Patch and simply dump the loose script file Agents linked under /Data/Scripts.
If you use MO, have the modfolder containing the loose script file Agents linked lower in your installed mods order (the left side of the screen in MO) then Brawl Bug Patch's mod folder. You can check if MO will present the correct script to the game under the Data tab.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 9, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Does Brawl Bug Fix mess up the Companions intimidation missions? I'm trying to do one and it keeps turning into a "real" fight and I can't be the guy into submission, just to death.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Raygereio posted:

The Brawl Bugs Patch's BSA contains several scripts.
Loose files will override files packed in BSAs, so if you' don't using MO you can load Brawl Bugs Patch and simply dump the loose script file Agents linked under /Data/Scripts.
If you use MO, have the modfolder containing the loose script file Agents linked lower in your installed mods order (the left side of the screen in MO) then Brawl Bug Patch's mod folder. You can check if MO will present the correct script to the game under the Data tab.

Thanks, I figured they were probably in the BSA but I wanted to be sure.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Does Brawl Bug Fix mess up the Companions intimidation missions? I'm trying to do one and it keeps turning into a "real" fight and I can't be the guy into submission, just to death.

I had the same issue with Uthgerd recruitment fight. Nothing would work. Not even the cheat patch. I eventually just used the console to set the relationshiprank to 3, bypassing the whole thing. You may have to use the console too. Either advance the quest stage, or try setting the npcs relationshiprank to one higher than before the fight.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Canemacar posted:

I had the same issue with Uthgerd recruitment fight. Nothing would work. Not even the cheat patch. I eventually just used the console to set the relationshiprank to 3, bypassing the whole thing. You may have to use the console too. Either advance the quest stage, or try setting the npcs relationshiprank to one higher than before the fight.

I actually managed to intimidate the guy; for some reason the problem was that the target would go into brawling stance, the drop it a second later and at that point it'd be a real fight.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I made a spreadsheet comparing which mods had support for Dual Sheath Redux, and which had an update in Agents' eggselent improved Lootification.xml. Sadly, there aren't actually too many that are in both. How easy/hard is it to make mods compatible with Dual Sheath Redux?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C364D8D12ECEE7C!13059&authkey=!AMoBl5xkbRw-wv0&ithint=file%2cxlsx

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I spent hours modding the game got it how I wanted it sorta and was having a great time playing. Then when I went to finish the staff of magnus quest I would lock up anytime I tried to leave the dungeon. Using the exit and hitting coc whiterun had the same results. Welp there was a few mods I wasn't happy with so time to start the whole process over.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

How easy/hard is it to make mods compatible with Dual Sheath Redux?
I'ts easy. There´s a tutorial that tells you how to do it under Dual Sheath Redux´ downloads.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

I made a spreadsheet comparing which mods had support for Dual Sheath Redux, and which had an update in Agents' eggselent improved Lootification.xml. Sadly, there aren't actually too many that are in both. How easy/hard is it to make mods compatible with Dual Sheath Redux?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C364D8D12ECEE7C!13059&authkey=!AMoBl5xkbRw-wv0&ithint=file%2cxlsx

It's not too hard. Theres a tutorial on the downloads page of DSR. If the sword it symmetrical(like the iron or steel swords) then it's just a matter of making copies of a mesh and changing the string field in Nifscope to denote a left version. Asymmetric weapons(like sabers or deadric swords) are a bit harder.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Are there any mods that help with quickly equipping/unequipping spells/weapons? I'm using the favorites menu and assigning stuff to 1-8 but that seems really limiting and the game isn't too smart about whether to equip spells to right hand or left hand.

Scenario: if I have Shock assigned to 2, and I'm currently holding a shield and a mace, pressing 2 should replace the mace with the spell, and Shift-2 should replace the shield with the spell.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

enraged_camel posted:

Are there any mods that help with quickly equipping/unequipping spells/weapons? I'm using the favorites menu and assigning stuff to 1-8 but that seems really limiting and the game isn't too smart about whether to equip spells to right hand or left hand.

Scenario: if I have Shock assigned to 2, and I'm currently holding a shield and a mace, pressing 2 should replace the mace with the spell, and Shift-2 should replace the shield with the spell.

Smart Cast and More Hotkeys Please should help

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Is there a mod that swaps left-mouse and right-mouse when using two one-handed things, like two weapons, two spells, etc.? Left-clicking to use my right hand is really confusing.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Is there a mod that swaps left-mouse and right-mouse when using two one-handed things, like two weapons, two spells, etc.? Left-clicking to use my right hand is really confusing.
You could just... rebind the buttons, in your options menu?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
welp

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Evil Mastermind posted:

I seem to run into this all the time, I'm running the brawl bugs fix but whenever I need to brawl someone I always save first because I know 75% of the time they'll enter brawl then exit right away and it'll be a 'real' fight if I hit them. The brawl fix thing in SPERG never helps either.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Flagrant Abuse posted:

You could just... rebind the buttons, in your options menu?

Yeah but then left-mouse is block and right mouse is attack, and turning pages would be broken, clicking on things would be weird, etc.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Question: are there any good mods that make skooma interesting? I just started playing as a Khajiit and I want to do/sell all the drugs.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Yeah but then left-mouse is block and right mouse is attack, and turning pages would be broken, clicking on things would be weird, etc.

Wrong.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Hm yeah I'm too insanely autistic to mentally map left click to attack because it's in my RIGHT hand, not my LEFT! poo poo! gently caress!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
And I can't change it because the rest of the game would be hosed up?? By Golly!!

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Question: are there any good mods that make skooma interesting? I just started playing as a Khajiit and I want to do/sell all the drugs.

i'm reminded of the marijuana shop mod in New Vegas. :spergin:"Have a smell, brother..."

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Hm yeah I'm too insanely autistic to mentally map left click to attack because it's in my RIGHT hand, not my LEFT! poo poo! gently caress!
why do you give so much of a poo poo lmao

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Entropic posted:

I seem to run into this all the time, I'm running the brawl bugs fix but whenever I need to brawl someone I always save first because I know 75% of the time they'll enter brawl then exit right away and it'll be a 'real' fight if I hit them. The brawl fix thing in SPERG never helps either.

Brawl Bugs CHEAT patch is what you need, I linked it in one of my recent posts.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

why do you give so much of a poo poo lmao

Because I gently caress*ng CARE about GAMES and I don't respect gamers who don't respect the games they're playing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just ignore the shitposts imo.

Anyway,

Agents are GO! posted:

Brawl Bugs CHEAT patch is what you need, I linked it in one of my recent posts.

Linking this in the OP now.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

i'm reminded of the marijuana shop mod in New Vegas. :spergin:"Have a smell, brother..."
Well I guess I need that mod too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, what other big mods have come out recently that have become popular? I'm going to (hopefully) update the OP this coming week (hooray for Inventory week at work!), and would like to get as much as possible updated and cleaned up to keep people updated on what's coming out.

Mod talk:
Useless Shop and Interior Overhaul - Redoes the interiors for the Whiterun shops to be more alive than the base game. Author is promising the same thing for all other shops in Skyrim as well. We'll see how that goes.

Immersive NPC Detection - A small mod meant to change how NPCs detect and react to the player character depending on the time of day. Author says that it's safe to uninstall, but since it's using scripts, I wouldn't make a solid bet on that. Still, could be interesting.

Jaxon's Utilities - All of Jaxon's utility mods in one easy package. Great for cutting down on load orders.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 11, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i caught teh backslash fuckup.

ps: i was attacked by the solstheim guys at level 7 but the dlc is too hard, is there some mod that makes it easier or should i just level up and do main quest sh*t

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Scyantific posted:

So, what other big mods have come out recently that have become popular? I'm going to (hopefully) update the OP this coming week (hooray for Inventory week at work!), and would like to get as much as possible updated and cleaned up to keep people updated on what's coming out.

I have a few suggestions. These are ones that never leave my load order:

Sometimes Pick Up Books: Allows the default action for books to be to add them to your inventory instead of reading them. Great for grabbing a book or two mid-dungeon to read later, or to move books around your house. It's got an MCM so you can set it up how you like.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32592/

Think to Yourself: Changes notifications to first-person instead of a narrational third person. Helps with immersion.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32060/

Halls of Dovahndor: I haven't seen any other mod that captures the feeling of being an epic hero quite like this player home. It's basically a huge shrine to how awesome you are in Sovenguard.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25448/

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
is Immersive Armors in the op, i admit to not reading it, and i love this mod... but honestly kind of am annoyed by npc armor replacements. idk which plugin to disable because the bsas indicate that each has a bunch of models etc associated with

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Are there any mods that allow horses to walk backwards when the move backward button is pressed? Or have them turn in place when you actually want it to remain stationary while turning?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Isn't moon sugar basically cocaine and thus skooma is crack? It's a substance extracted from a plant in tropical jungles, is a highly addictive stimulant, can be refined into a much more powerful and dangerous form that is smoked from a pipe, and is associated with an oppressed racial minority (Khajiit wants you to check your primate privilege, yes).

I'm looking into alternate ENBs, and while I like the complex (if somewhat exaggerated) lighting and dazzlingly bright magic effects of Kountervibe (which I used on my old system last year for a while but it ran like poo poo, now with a GTX 970 it runs fine), the whole thing seems too bright and washed out, at least with Climates of Tamriel and characters have a pale and bloodless look compared to True Vision. Is there an ENB preset that preserves the more lifelike look in general of True Vision or Seasons of Skyrim but makes bright light sources like Destruction spells really pop?

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 11, 2015

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

So I fell victim to a stupid bug that y'all hopefully can help me fix

For some reason these two, and one other NPC in Riften are stuck in a panic loop. I have no idea why, because I never did anything to them. There was a vampire attack once, but it was at the other end of the city and they couldn't even have seen it. I passed time to test it, but they don't even go home at night. This also persist for at least a week of in-game time. The lovely thing about this is that I can't talk to the one guy who starts the thief guild line I believe. I have his quest, but need to talk to him again to actually start it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tin Tim posted:

So I fell victim to a stupid bug that y'all hopefully can help me fix

For some reason these two, and one other NPC in Riften are stuck in a panic loop. I have no idea why, because I never did anything to them. There was a vampire attack once, but it was at the other end of the city and they couldn't even have seen it. I passed time to test it, but they don't even go home at night. This also persist for at least a week of in-game time. The lovely thing about this is that I can't talk to the one guy who starts the thief guild line I believe. I have his quest, but need to talk to him again to actually start it :(

Try using recycleactor on each of them in the console? I think it usually fixes by opening the console, clicking on them, and then entering recycleactor followed by disable and enable.

E: OP Overhaul has started. Looking for any mod suggestions and modding tips that you guys may have so they can be added to the OP.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 11, 2015

• Locked thread