Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, based on the way that is written, I'm guessing it's a joke of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, based on the way that is written, I'm guessing it's a joke of some kind.

I am going to assume that he will die in a different way in each story. I hope this means that Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn are not leaving the book.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Logan seems more of a Molson Canadian kind of guy.

Bringing this back

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

quote:

Written by GERRY DUGGAN, BRIAN POSEHN, BEN ACKER, BEN BLACKER, NICK GIOVANETTI, PAUL SCHEER, JASON MANTZOUKAS, MIKE DRUCKER, & MORE

God is real and loves me.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Deadpool posted:

My eyes kind of glazed over the name because I've never seen him do comic books. This is great.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

During the Original Sin tie in for Nova, one of the former Nova corpsmen revealed that the Nova Corps has decided to mobilise en mass to rescue Richard. So, presumably they will save Nova from his perpetual murdering by the Revengers....any day now.

Well poo poo. Now I have to go read that.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Deadpool posted:

Holy poo poo. He needs to add a "pocket dogs" panel.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just love that Deadpool straight up tells Ultimatum "the next time you come after me I will kill every single one of you", a threat he has proven to be completely capable of making good on, and they do it anyway

this is why they're the C-tier marvel terrorist organization

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Deadpool posted:

Oh god, I hope Clint doesn't ask Deadpool to take care of Pizza Dog.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

quote:

“In all honesty, the story that you’re going to get in Deadpool #250, is a story that we really have been building to since the first issue of Deadpool NOW,” says Gerry Duggan, who has co-written the series with Brian Posehn since its most recent relaunch. “And it will absolutely feel – it will feel, I hope, readers will think that this is an appropriate end for this Deadpool.”

Emphasis mine. That's an... interesting phrasing.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Lady Deadpool confirmed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

God catch, they do have a few spare DPs running around still don't they?

Deadpool posted:

US. He loves US.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The only question is if they relaunch the next month, or wait till, like, October so the 'first' trade can be out in time for the movie.

Creamfilled
May 11, 2007

???

SirDan3k posted:

Lady Deadpool confirmed.

The much-anticipated return of Agent X.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Bob, Agent of Deadpool.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That book comes out in April. April 1st is on a Wednesday. Hm.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's the death of "Deadpool" as Wade Wilson takes on his new identity: Wolverine!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

rocketrobot posted:

Well poo poo. Now I have to go read that.

You're better off not doing so.

Edit: wait, nevermind. Nova's book is fine. But the Guardians tie in is still trash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

It's the death of "Deadpool" as Wade Wilson takes on his new identity: Wolverine!

Yes please.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Deadpool posted:

It's like Marvel has taken a look at my podcast feed and decided to give them comic books to write.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

First Bass posted:

Bob, Agent of Deadpool.

The Superior Deadpool.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

radlum posted:

It's like Marvel has taken a look at my podcast feed and decided to give them comic books to write.

Matt Besser's Improv4Inhumans

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Isn't Ultimatum a lovely event?

I really hope Duggan and Posehn aren't leaving the book.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Schneider Heim posted:

Isn't Ultimatum a lovely event?

I really hope Duggan and Posehn aren't leaving the book.

ULTIMATUM is a low-rent Hydra-type group.

And unfortunately this is the finale for their run.

radlum
May 13, 2013

mr.capps posted:

Matt Besser's Improv4Inhumans

U Talkin U Men to Me? We H.A.T.E. Movies?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SirDan3k posted:

It is literally the only reason I can think of for them to run with Squirrel Girl, a repeatedly proven flop, instead of any other existing character.

Since it was actually pretty good I assume you'll be suggesting it's the comics version of Springtime for Hitler next?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

They had an attempt at a unique identity when they were created in Captain America, especially since they were inspired by more then-modern terrorist groups instead of the dated "Spectre of Hitler/Communism" stuff of the 70s, but yeah, they rapidly became just the guys you use when you don't want to overexpose Hydra.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Gavok posted:

The only thing not low-rent about them is their name. Which is more properly U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. -- the Underground, Liberated, Totally Integrated Mobile Army To Unite Mankind.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Since it was actually pretty good I assume you'll be suggesting it's the comics version of Springtime for Hitler next?

It'll have to be a finical success before it qualifies for that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

They had an attempt at a unique identity when they were created in Captain America, especially since they were inspired by more then-modern terrorist groups instead of the dated "Spectre of Hitler/Communism" stuff of the 70s, but yeah, they rapidly became just the guys you use when you don't want to overexpose Hydra.

They were the Flag-Smasher's group, weren't they?

I've only seen them in the Moon Knight (or Punisher; one or the other) comic from Acts of Vengeance, and I wasn't sure if they were meant to be a joke or not.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think they have a pretty neat, clean design, and their early appearances in Captain America were pretty compelling. In Gruenwald's issues, Flag-Smasher himself was pretty interesting too, IIRC; he was a guy Cap reflexively disliked, and of course opposed in terms of his blowing things up, but sometimes had a hard time actually arguing against.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I just wanted to read Captain Marvel but I've somehow worked myself backwards to the Annihilation event. I'm the worst.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

AlmightyBob posted:

I just wanted to read Captain Marvel but I've somehow worked myself backwards to the Annihilation event. I'm the worst.

Well at least you're going to catch up on a pretty awesome event and the conception of modern cosmic marvel!

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

hope and vaseline posted:

Well at least you're going to catch up on a pretty awesome event and the conception of modern cosmic marvel!

Yeah it's cool so far.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I just read Ant-Man #1, are they going to completely ignore that Cassie was Stature (and older)? I guess that lines things up more to the movie.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I just read Ant-Man #1, are they going to completely ignore that Cassie was Stature (and older)? I guess that lines things up more to the movie.

Was she older in Young Avengers? I've seen Brevoort answer this question a lot and he is saying she is the same age.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I figured she was mid teens, but Ant-Man makes it seem as if she was not even highschool age yet.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wasn't she mentioned as14 at some point in Young Avengers?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wasn't she mentioned as14 at some point in Young Avengers?

I thought I recalled her being mentioned as one of the younger/possibly the youngest of the YA. 14 seems about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I believe Brevoort said 15. I don't mind them not mentioning her time as Stature yet.

• Locked thread