Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Starhawk64 posted:

Bought a new graphics card, only to find out it's too big to fit in my current case, so I'll need to upgrade that too. :shepspends:

Get a Fractal R5 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Get a Fractal R5 :getin:

Fantastic case. You won't be disappointed.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I was considering a Corsair Vengeance C70 for that tacticool look but that R5 does look pretty swank.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Starhawk64 posted:

I was considering a Corsair Vengeance C70 for that tacticool look but that R5 does look pretty swank.

Just be aware that the drat thing is like, 20 lb's.

Content:

Picked up an S&G 6730 so I can practice lock manipulation without lying on the floor.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Loezi posted:

Got myself a new chair, Martela Axia 2L (mine is grey fabric, not white leather like the one in the picture).

Previous chair was from Ikea so getting a proper one was waaaay overdue.

Where can I order one of these?

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Starhawk64 posted:

Bought a new graphics card, only to find out it's too big to fit in my current case, so I'll need to upgrade that too. :shepspends:

Got that same model. Luckily my case was big enough to fit it but holy crap that card is a monster at something like 312mm in length. Getting awesome performance though!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

These waterproof gloves were posted on Slickdeals, $10 w/free shipping. But they're only 40g Thinsulate and I already have 40g Thinsulate leather gloves, and I didn't like the camo:

Inspired by the fact the wind chill was 0*F this morning, I ended up buying these. 80g Thinsulate, Gore-Tex, look better, and on "sale" from $60 to $15, though shipping and tax brought it up to $22. More than I wanted to spend, but they should last a long time.

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Jan 9, 2015

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Josh Lyman posted:

These waterproof gloves were posted on Slickdeals, $10 w/free shipping. But they're only 40g Thinsulate and I already have 40g Thinsulate leather gloves, and I didn't like the camo:

Inspired by the fact the wind chill was 0*F this morning, I ended up buying these. 80g Thinsulate, Gore-Tex, look better, and on "sale" from $60 to $15, though shipping and tax brought it up to $22. More than I wanted to spend, but they should last a long time.

Link for the sale? (Cant seem to locate them on cabelas myself)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

not really sure why i bought these things. i mean i know why. but should? who knows.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

1redflag posted:

Link for the sale? (Cant seem to locate them on cabelas myself)
Here you go: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-GORE-TEX174-Insulated-Shooting-Gloves/1381009.uts

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UCUG1K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just FYI that the 6lb of mustard is back in stock. $15 never better spent

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Flipperwaldt posted:

If you'd have made the switch earlier, you wouldn't have ended up with LED bulbs superior to incandescents.

I made the switch 4 years ago, and while it was far more expensive than now (a Philips or Osram 800-1055 Lumen bulb cost 30-50 €) they all still work perfectly fine and made back the invested money inside of 2 years - it accumulates fast if you have to pay 25 Cents/kWh. Of course, now I can have even better ones (95 CRI instead of 80 CRI, making them look nicer than the very slightly too pink Osram and slightly too yellow/greenish Philips) for 10-15 €, so I'm slowly switching the old ones to less used rooms/backups and put new ones into the main rooms.

Decius has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Jan 9, 2015

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

big mean giraffe posted:

God yes it is. So tasty. That's a lot to drop on scotch at once right there.

We don't have that much tax on alcohol, probably about $90 for the 18 here.

NotAnArtist posted:

Good call on the quinta ruban however no nectar d'or 5/10

Couldn't find any in stock, I should have bought it a few days beforehand so I had time to run around and find them all. Also there was only 7 of us so that's a lot of booze already.

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff

Roosevelt posted:

Where can I order one of these?

http://martela.com/products
http://martela.com/contact-us

You should probably note that they mainly deal with other businesses so it's the usual "contact us for a quote" stuff instead of just a clean nice webstore. I got mine from a physical store but I don't think they have those outside of Finland :/

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Decius posted:

I made the switch 4 years ago, and while it was far more expensive than now (a Philips or Osram 800-1055 Lumen bulb cost 30-50 €) they all still work perfectly fine and made back the invested money inside of 2 years - it accumulates fast if you have to pay 25 Cents/kWh. Of course, now I can have even better ones (95 CRI instead of 80 CRI, making them look nicer than the very slightly too pink Osram and slightly too yellow/greenish Philips) for 10-15 €, so I'm slowly switching the old ones to less used rooms/backups and put new ones into the main rooms.
That's what I'm saying. As little as four years ago you had to go out of your way to find premium led bulbs that still had poo poo color temperature.

Geb
Mar 22, 2007

A Crystal Sword?! I'm all about swords! How did you know?!

App13 posted:

Fantastic case. You won't be disappointed.

I bought one this morning for my new build and it's amazing. This case is a work of art.

codespace
May 3, 2011

Should be here on Wednesday. Excited to finally upgrade from my Radeon HD 7770.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Spamtheman posted:

Couldn't find any in stock, I should have bought it a few days beforehand so I had time to run around and find them all. Also there was only 7 of us so that's a lot of booze already.

You express regret for not having any, back to 9/10, points deducted for no Bowmore.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Sorry about the imminent loss of your eyesight. :pcgaming:The colooorrsss:pcgaming:

These books, a bunch of shirts, and a hoodie off fangamer. Their shirts are ridiculously comfortable.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I bought $100 worth of meat from the farmers market yesterday. Meat for daaaaays.

I also bought a really lovely jewelry box, because I can't find one I like, and I'm tired of hanging my nicer jewelry on cabinet doors and having them in a million places. Turns out I have more jewelry than I realized and it doesn't really fit.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

:swoon:

This is wonderful.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Had a $30 gift card from Coinstar, so I bought some dope blu-rays of dope movies:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Port of Call is the most Nicholas Cage of Nicholas Cage movies.

It is incredible.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

It is incredible.

That tagline can't be serious. It's "The Three" levels of cheesy.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uHak2M7cmc

I always make sure to link people this clip in order to hook them. it works

It's seriously a good movie though

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

It is incredible.

Anyway, bought this FUGOO Sport bluetooth speaker. It's waterproof, so I can use it in the shower.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Finally got around to getting this with the other expansion game pack.

I got it from Amazon, but the price has already gone up.
Walmart has it online for $100, though.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Turambar posted:

Anyway, bought this FUGOO Sport bluetooth speaker. It's waterproof, so I can use it in the shower.

Is that loud enough to be heard over the noise of a shower? I got a super cheap Bluetooth speaker, and I couldn't even hear the drat thing.

Just bought this book... And it certainly is something.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Port of Call New Orleans is a loving hilarious, well-done movie. Nic Cage is off the charts in that one.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

SaltLick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uHak2M7cmc

I always make sure to link people this clip in order to hook them. it works

It's seriously a good movie though

I'm on my phone and don't want to waste precious data, but I can only assume this is the scene where Nic is watching the guy's soul breakdance?

I love how the director still claims he had no idea that there was an original Bad Lieutenant.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

kannonfodder posted:

Is that loud enough to be heard over the noise of a shower? I got a super cheap Bluetooth speaker, and I couldn't even hear the drat thing.

Just bought this book... And it certainly is something.

A friend got me that for Christmas. I'm looking forward to reading it after I finish one or two of the books I'm currently juggling.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fly with me posted:

Finally got around to getting this with the other expansion game pack.

I got it from Amazon, but the price has already gone up.
Walmart has it online for $100, though.

Should have checked out reviews, it's kind of a piece.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

XIII posted:

A friend got me that for Christmas. I'm looking forward to reading it after I finish one or two of the books I'm currently juggling.

Give it some time to grow on you. When it gets going, it gets CRAZY.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I don't know why HoL gets so much hate, it's my favorite book. Well written, great story.

SUPER weird

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Also, feel free to skim over the reference texts, they are more for effect than anything. You'll know them when you hit them.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

big mean giraffe posted:

Should have checked out reviews, it's kind of a piece.

I've been keeping tabs on it since it's release.
The firmware update they released last summer took care of the most of the major issues.
I mainly got it to have something to play in my hotel while I'm out of town for work.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

The last time House of Leaves showed up in this thread , I bought it. Definitely a good decision.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

kannonfodder posted:

It's more than loud enough. I set it at maybe 50% of top volume. I'm mostly worried that my neighbors would complain if I turn up the volume even more.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

NotAnArtist posted:

I don't know why HoL gets so much hate, it's my favorite book. Well written, great story.

SUPER weird

I think it just got super popular on the internet, which created backlash. Also, his next book was awful. House of Leaves is one of my favorite books ever, though.

I just bought my wife a bunch of stuff:

She's already got this purse in black, but the blue is a rad color and it was on sale at 6pm

Its cold in Chicago, so cold in Chicago.

We've got a few of the Belkin WeMo outlets, and its fun to have a more connected house. Looking forward to not electrocuting myself installing them this weekend.

I've also bought like 20 LPs in the past two weeks. Holiday bonus and all. Most recent one was this:

edit: I also tried to unsuccessfully sell a couple of pairs of boots on SA-Mart that were a bit too snug for me, so I took them to a cobbler and got the tight areas stretched. They fit perfectly now and I'm really happy that I failed at selling things.

Menstrual Show has a new favorite as of 00:42 on Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

NotAnArtist posted:

SUPER weird

I don't get how people couldn't like it. It's fantastic and totally different.