Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's ok guys, V3 promised he'd have his back. Soon the 7 Riders will show up and laugh at the pathetic villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dordreff posted:

Yeah he was in it for like 2 pages before Leopardon got owned by some old guy and the other Spider-Mans left him to die. gently caress Spider-Verse

He didn't die though. He reunites with two other Japanese Spider-Men: Mangaverse and J. No word if the original manga version will appear

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I think a lot of the hate for TV-N would disappear if they would do softsubs so all the "haters" could just take the timing and use it as a base for their own translations. Timing is obnoxious grunt work and TV-N's timing is probably decent enough to work from.

I assume they are still doing hardsubs only, anyway, haven't bothered looking at their page in ages.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Xelkelvos posted:

He didn't die though. He reunites with two other Japanese Spider-Men: Mangaverse and J. No word if the original manga version will appear

Oh yeah. Dan Slott literally rando'd me on Twitter to be a dick about how I was wrong about that. I ended up literally having to block a Professional Comics Writer from Twitter for being a dick.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Dan Slott gets off on pissing Spider-Man fans off with his lovely stories while waving his dick about how he gets to write Spider-Man.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Light Gun Man posted:

I think a lot of the hate for TV-N would disappear if they would do softsubs so all the "haters" could just take the timing and use it as a base for their own translations. Timing is obnoxious grunt work and TV-N's timing is probably decent enough to work from.

I assume they are still doing hardsubs only, anyway, haven't bothered looking at their page in ages.

I think they would still be bad and would still put out awful subs, but the video quality might be a bit better, so no.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I just want bandai to release an SH Figuarts Spiderman. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I just want bandai to release an SH Figuarts Spiderman. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

They put out Ironman and War Machine already. Spider-Man shouldn't be a stretch.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Dr Tran posted:

They put out Ironman and War Machine already. Spider-Man shouldn't be a stretch.

That was my thought, they've already done Iron man and War machine from both Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3, and are doing the Avengers from Rise of Ultron, a figure of Spiderman from Toei's show in the 70's wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's ok guys, V3 promised he'd have his back. Soon the 7 Riders will show up and laugh at the pathetic villain.

What would the Showa Riders even be like written by Dan Slott?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

What would the Showa Riders even be like written by Dan Slott?
lovely.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

So how they're currently being written. OK

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If i wanted to think about Dan Slott I would actually pay attention to a Big Two book that isn't Hawkeye or Thor, shut the hell up about him already.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Dexie posted:

http://www.orendsrange.com/2015/01/japanese-spiderman-makes-his-official.html

gently caress yeah SUPAIDAMAN!

Too bad he's going to get killed off like every other spider in this dumb event.

So this article says soemthing about 'Cosmic Champion Spiderman' Or something. I have no idea what that is.

I am assuming it is basically a rip off of the Phoenix Force or something, right? A Cosmically powerful version of Spiderman who only exists to get chumped out by whatever crossover villian has shown up to show how strong they are?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

So this article says soemthing about 'Cosmic Champion Spiderman' Or something. I have no idea what that is.

I am assuming it is basically a rip off of the Phoenix Force or something, right? A Cosmically powerful version of Spiderman who only exists to get chumped out by whatever crossover villian has shown up to show how strong they are?

I see you are familiar with the works of Dan Slott.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Stallion Cabana posted:

You mean Captain Universe? That predates the Phoenix force. And Spider-Man used it like 30 years ago. This isn't some bullshit Slott made up. Also haut the gently caress up about Dan Slott comics in this thread. Jesus.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

You mean Captain Universe? That predates the Phoenix force. And Spider-Man used it like 30 years ago. This isn't some bullshit Slott made up. Also haut the gently caress up about Dan Slott comics in this thread. Jesus.

No.

A lot of the stuff in the crossover is legacy stuff brought in and is typical nowadays for events (Morrison is notable for bringing back weird and obscure stuff to populate his stories). I wouldn't put it past Slott or some other writer to come back later and revive certain dead Spider-Men that are or were fun to use like Spider-Monkey.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Xelkelvos posted:

No.

A lot of the stuff in the crossover is legacy stuff brought in and is typical nowadays for events (Morrison is notable for bringing back weird and obscure stuff to populate his stories). I wouldn't put it past Slott or some other writer to come back later and revive certain dead Spider-Men that are or were fun to use like Spider-Monkey.

What you're saying is that there needs to be a SupidaMan/Leopardon Revival.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

What you're saying is that there needs to be a SupidaMan/Leopardon Revival.

What I'm saying is that one of the more technologically adept Spider-Men should take the remains of Leopardon and upgrade it into something even better. Sadly, it still wouldn't be able to gattai with SP//dr since Super robots and Real robots are technologically incompatible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

What I'm saying is that one of the more technologically adept Spider-Men should take the remains of Leopardon and upgrade it into something even better. Sadly, it still wouldn't be able to gattai with SP//dr since Super robots and Real robots are technologically incompatible.

I see someone has never played Super Robot Wars. :colbert:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh yeah. Dan Slott literally rando'd me on Twitter to be a dick about how I was wrong about that. I ended up literally having to block a Professional Comics Writer from Twitter for being a dick.
You never have to @ Dan Slott because he searches for his name and comics so if you say anything mean he can act like the victim of bullying and threaten to call the police on you.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Dan Slott's a giant loving wenis, glad we all agree, now let's talk about literally anything else, including whether the toilet paper should be over the top or under the bottom.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dan Slott's a giant loving wenis, glad we all agree, now let's talk about literally anything else, including whether the toilet paper should be over the top or under the bottom.
I think Kamen Rider Kabuto had the largest suit design quality-to-show quality gap.

TheBee is still one of my favorite suit designs, period.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think Kamen Rider Kabuto had the largest suit design quality-to-show quality gap.

It had gorgeous suit designs, and some great directoral moments too, the shot of Kabuto and TheBee fighting in front of the sunset is just fantastic.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

You really seem to hate people discussing things on a discussion forum.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Wizard's not too far behind, in my opinion.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Wizard's not too far behind, in my opinion.
I think my problem with Wizard's designs is that they had one really cool suit idea, and then ran it completely into the loving ground.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

You really seem to hate people discussing things on a discussion forum.

I can't imagine why I don't like people discussing a writer I hate in a thread about a thing that I like that is only tangentially related to said writer.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm reserving judgment on Kabuto until it actually has subs.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm reserving judgment on Kabuto until it actually has subs.
:drat:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think my problem with Wizard's designs is that they had one really cool suit idea, and then ran it completely into the loving ground.

Beast also had a cool design but his suit upgrade looked goofy and ridiculous.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I've never seen Kiva, but Ixa owns, and it's a huge shame nobody's made more stuff with him.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Solaris Knight posted:

I've never seen Kiva, but Ixa owns, and it's a huge shame nobody's made more stuff with him.

The base Kiva suit is pretty cool lookin' too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Supernova is a legitimately really good song.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
So I stopped watching ToQGer about episode...30? Last events I remember is that general falling into a river, Zed shows his monster form, the kids go to the 'shadow realm' or something and Red finally get a goofy-looking super suit golden train. I remember liking them so far then, although not as much as I love Kyoryuger. Is it worth getting back?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

toanoradian posted:

So I stopped watching ToQGer about episode...30? Last events I remember is that general falling into a river, Zed shows his monster form, the kids go to the 'shadow realm' or something and Red finally get a goofy-looking super suit golden train. I remember liking them so far then, although not as much as I love Kyoryuger. Is it worth getting back?

yes.

It has gotten a lot better. There are some annoying filler bits. Episode 39 I think is the worst, but the show is so good.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Like a train, it started out very slow, but it gained momentum and it is showing its terrible inertia now. HOP ON WHILE YOU STILL HAVE LEGS.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Too bad it was apparently horribly designed which is why Emperor was brought in so early and they basically stopped using the base suit

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Supernova is a legitimately really good song.

I think Kiva, beat for beat, has the best soundtrack in all Rider. Koji Seto might have been mousy as Wataru but that boy could sing.

And Kiva's suit was apparently so heavy it was giving Seiji Takaiwa problems moving. Seiji Takaiwa. The guy who's been doing Tokusatsu productions for 20 years and never made a peep.

Really let's just talk about how great Takaiwa is. I saw a stage show once during Den-O where he seamlessly shifted through all five of the Den-O forms, then did Climax Form with the voice actors basically commanding his body with their lines. It was fantastic.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of ToQger, Express Sentai ToQGer The Movie – Galaxy Line SOS was just released by O-T!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Solaris Knight posted:

Yeah, I was quite disappointed when Rising IXA started appearing. The normal (white) IXA suit was amazing but the Rising upgrade really wasn't an improvement.

• Locked thread