Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Call of Cholula posted:

We've got a few of the Belkin WeMo outlets, and its fun to have a more connected house. Looking forward to not electrocuting myself installing them this weekend.

I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Call of Cholula posted:

Also, his next book was awful.

Shut your mouth, Only Revolutions is the most beautiful book ever.

\/ What are you going to do while camping with that?

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Jan 10, 2015

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Got this earlier this week:

Kershaw Camp 10

Either a small machete or a big knife, hard to say. Regardless I'm in love with the thing and can't wait to take it camping, it has an impressive grip and heft to it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I was super stoked for Only Revolutions but it was no House of Leaves. One day I'll finish it.

Maybe.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.

Echeveria posted:

I also bought a really lovely jewelry box, because I can't find one I like, and I'm tired of hanging my nicer jewelry on cabinet doors and having them in a million places. Turns out I have more jewelry than I realized and it doesn't really fit.

I bought one of these recently and I loooove it! http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/longstem-over-the-door-jewelry-organizer-in-bronze/1042046431?categoryId=12215

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I don't get how people couldn't like it. It's fantastic and totally different.

I don't know about anyone else, but I strongly prefer my literature to not be physically difficult to read; having to read a paragraph backwards through multiple pages of text? No thanks.

plainswalker75 has a new favorite as of 01:31 on Jan 10, 2015

Riot Food
Dec 29, 2012

kinmik posted:

Sorry about the imminent loss of your eyesight. :pcgaming:The colooorrsss:pcgaming:

These books, a bunch of shirts, and a hoodie off fangamer. Their shirts are ridiculously comfortable.
These are beautiful and I'm totally buying them.

Can't see any mention of the p or z words in the descriptions on the website though. Take it these are unofficial things that get by because they don't explicitly make reference to the games? Isn't Nintendo normally all over that kind of thing?

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My house is illuminated by about 24 recessed PAR38 (or BR38) bulbs. Any recommendation for some LED bulbs? I bought grocery store-brand BR38's a year ago in incandescent, CFL, halogen, and LED, and only the incandescent and halogen are still alive.

I use bulbs by Solais in all of my recessed lighting. They're actively cooled so they won't overheat and are designed for heavy-use commercial applications. Not cheap, but I haven't had one go out in three years.

I picked up a dark blue corduroy suit from Strong Suit.

A bottle of St. Germain

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
One bomber:

one album:

and one hoodie:

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out in store. I just feel a little weird about hanging my precious jewelry on the back of the door, y'know?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

demoneyespaul posted:

and one hoodie:

I take it you're a Homeworld fan?

wafflemoose has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Jan 10, 2015

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

demoneyespaul posted:

One bomber:

one album:

and one hoodie:

All these things are pretty great.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Holy crap. I need this

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

kannonfodder posted:

Is that loud enough to be heard over the noise of a shower? I got a super cheap Bluetooth speaker, and I couldn't even hear the drat thing.

Just bought this book... And it certainly is something.

Prepare for the scariest reading experience of your life.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I'm a 40-something married father of two. what am I doing?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Teach posted:

Well thats awesome, as a almost 40 father of one, I would buy that.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
My three year old daughter asked me what it was. "Is it a ghost? Is it a duck? It's a ghost-duck!"

Sure, baby - it's a Ghost-Duck.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Shut your mouth, Only Revolutions is the most beautiful book ever.

\/ What are you going to do while camping with that?

If only this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tree-Codes-Jonathan-Safran-Foer/dp/0956569218/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420910174&sr=8-1&keywords=tree+of+codes wasn't so drat expensive...

Bought a bike trainer!

Though it's noisy as hell and doesn't really offer much resistance, even when put to the highest level. I'm disappointed.

Ginseng extract - because I need some energy!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Riot Food posted:

These are beautiful and I'm totally buying them.

Can't see any mention of the p or z words in the descriptions on the website though. Take it these are unofficial things that get by because they don't explicitly make reference to the games? Isn't Nintendo normally all over that kind of thing?
The copyright page states that

quote:

This is an unofficial reference book intended to educate and inform any trainer or enthusiast aiming to be the very best in their field of creature studies.
:3:
There is no mention of the name "Pokemon" or any monsters in your pocket (it doesn't even list the names of the Pokemon) or even "Nintendo" so I'm guessing they're flying under the radar for now.

I have no idea where the Hyrulean Field Guide disappeared to. I think my husband squirreled it away. :iiam: I will never see it again.

kinmik has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Jan 10, 2015

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Action-Bastard posted:

Got this earlier this week:

Kershaw Camp 10

Either a small machete or a big knife, hard to say. Regardless I'm in love with the thing and can't wait to take it camping, it has an impressive grip and heft to it.

Wow that's cheaper than my Kershaw pocket knife. I might have to pick one up for camping/mountain lions.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
I caved and bought a FitBit Charge, mainly because we already have the FitBit scale in our house and I'm finally getting serious about exercising. It also is a watch which is neat.

Also just dropped some money on this guy:

http://imgur.com/A3WB8n3

Finally got a non lovely sport coat that I look forward to wearing every occasion possible.

I also bought a shitload of activewear from lululemon, which has the most comfortable menswear I have worn. Particularly the revival sweatpant and ABC pants.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

prezbuluskey posted:

I also bought a shitload of activewear from lululemon, which has the most comfortable menswear I have worn. Particularly the revival sweatpant and ABC pants.

I don't know what it is, but lululemons flatter almost every butt.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Echeveria posted:

I don't know what it is, but lululemons flatter almost every butt.

On one hand I want to prove you wrong, on the other hand I don't want to do that Google Image Search.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I bought a ukulele.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Arc/teryx Alpha jacket in Crocodile. I like the stowaway hood compared to my Theta, which has actually collected water when I wasn't using it while biking one rainy day.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Brand new Surly Straggler. Managed to get a good discount on the bike, so I had them put on fenders and racks to boot. Biking/commuting in Minneapolis winters just got a lot easier.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.

Echeveria posted:

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out in store. I just feel a little weird about hanging my precious jewelry on the back of the door, y'know?

It has hardware to install it in a wall too, which is what I did!

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

The sink that came with the house finally died this week.
Figured if I was going to get a new one, it should be one I wanted instead of just some cheap replacement.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Fly with me posted:

The sink that came with the house finally died this week.
Figured if I was going to get a new one, it should be one I wanted instead of just some cheap replacement.

How does a sink die? They're not exactly complex devices.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Paid $140 for tickets to the first concert I'll have been to since 2001.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

IslamoNazi posted:

How does a sink die? They're not exactly complex devices.

Dammit, I meant faucet.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Fly with me posted:

Dammit, I meant faucet.

That's probably what IslamoNazi meant, too. Did your faucet spring a leak or something?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Brand new Surly Straggler. Managed to get a good discount on the bike, so I had them put on fenders and racks to boot. Biking/commuting in Minneapolis winters just got a lot easier.

I'd ride the gently caress out of this in any weather. Nice pick up!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Robawesome posted:

That's probably what IslamoNazi meant, too. Did your faucet spring a leak or something?

I did mean sink, not faucet. But would have meant faucet if that was what was causing the problem. My first reaction was along the lines of "sweet, hopefully a single sink was replaced with the two sink setup because two sinks rock". Now I'm just wondering how you broke a faucet so bad it needed to be replaced.

codespace
May 3, 2011

IslamoNazi posted:

I did mean sink, not faucet. But would have meant faucet if that was what was causing the problem. My first reaction was along the lines of "sweet, hopefully a single sink was replaced with the two sink setup because two sinks rock". Now I'm just wondering how you broke a faucet so bad it needed to be replaced.

They wear out over time, especially if they were the original faucets installed in an older house. Just kinda one of those surprise homeowner expenses when you buy a house vs. building a new one.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I've had a bath faucet snap clean through when moving into an old house, so things can happen.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007
DD M4V11 Upper
Trijicon ACOG 1.5x
BoBro Mount

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I got a 'surprise parcel' in the post yesterday, looking at the order it was made on the 1st January at 2am, so I'm not surprised I don't remember it, though what I was doing on Amazon..? *shrugs*

THREE KILOS of yoghurt-coated raisins

Yes, just what I need when I'm trying to stop snacking and lose a bit of heft :o:

They're super tasty though.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Robawesome posted:

It did.
The pull-out hose started leaking into the cabinet under the sink while I was out of town.
We wanted to replace the faucet anyway, since it wasn't one that my wife and I liked, we were just hoping it would last another year or two for when we remodel the kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Teach posted:

I won't judge you as I just ordered this:

I don't even know where I would wear that but the shirt is just so silly!

MR COOL ICE

I also bought some comics and normal clothes