Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I missed everything, suck our collective dick Kuwait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
They have full strength beer at the Asian Cup stadiums which I was not ready for. Today is going to be hell

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

It's actually good beer too. One of the guys I went with knew the bloke behind the bar so we got a whole lot of free drinks and now having to be at work today is underwhelming at best

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

They have full strength beer at the Asian Cup stadiums which I was not ready for. Today is going to be hell

WHAT

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's actually good beer too. One of the guys I went with knew the bloke behind the bar so we got a whole lot of free drinks and now having to be at work today is underwhelming at best

Drink at work, it helps

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Yep Hahn Super Dry and Kirin

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
The teams I've seen play so far, south Korea v Oman and Uzbekistan v north Korea, are absolutely turgid and it's worse than the a-league.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shmoses posted:

Yep Hahn Super Dry and Kirin
Hahn super dry isn't a real beer

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Mustafa posted:

The teams I've seen play so far, south Korea v Oman and Uzbekistan v north Korea, are absolutely turgid and it's worse than the a-league.

I was thinking about downloading and watching those tomorrow just so I see every game but I guess I'd be better off trimming my pubes or something then?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

bowmore posted:

Closer than Carlton Mid

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Watch these games if you're a football purist and really love football I guess but otherwise, I'm doing all the suffering so you don't have to.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

They had that at the last roar game I went to and people were losing their minds because it had the asian cup price rise but the XXXX hadn't.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
why did i just watch uzbekistan vs north korea?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

gently caress it, I've got a lot of time to kill. Does anywhere have the full games available to watch after the fact? ATT only has the Australia games, which is to be expected I guess

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ronniegardocki posted:

why did i just watch uzbekistan vs north korea?

it's like watching pub football, which is good with alcohol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Alex_R posted:

it's like watching pub football, which is good with alcohol

thats why its called pub football haha

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bogan Krkic posted:

thats why its called pub football haha

haha

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
KSA/CHN match is not a fun game but yet....I still watch

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
You must hate democracy

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

gently caress it, I've got a lot of time to kill. Does anywhere have the full games available to watch after the fact? ATT only has the Australia games, which is to be expected I guess

Google rojasdirect (sp?) It's a streaming site like wiziwig was but a bit less logically organized. loving good for stream hook ups, and has full replays available as well. I think the address is something like rojasdirect.tv or something close to that

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So Australia vs Kuwait was a barnstormer then we got 3 games today which were the direst poo poo in the world

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
asian football is loving terrible we might as well have stayed in oceania

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ronniegardocki posted:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

ronniegardocki posted:

If we had stayed in oceania we wouldn't get a free ride to the world cup

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Google rojasdirect (sp?) It's a streaming site like wiziwig was but a bit less logically organized. loving good for stream hook ups, and has full replays available as well. I think the address is something like rojasdirect.tv or something close to that

I might be retarded because I knew about rojadirecta but even now I still can't find the full replays section, unless we're talking about completely different sites?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm on the train to Iran v Bahrain and its absolutely packed with Iranian support. Jumping on the bandwagon for sure

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
UAE vs Qatar has been like two drooling retards slapping each other with a fish.

Therefore it has been highly entertaining if not inept. 1 - 1 at half time.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This battle of 2 historical footballing powerhouses Qatar v UAE has been the most entertaining 2badteams.avi I have watched for a while

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I think that is the most innept defending I have ever seen

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Qatari coach looks like cranky franky

edit wait no its the UAE coach? they are all wearing red

Byolante fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 11, 2015

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Byolante posted:

I think that is the most innept defending I have ever seen

I am convinced the Jets could be the Man U of the Middle East.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The Iran Jersey is legitimately awesome

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

iajanus posted:

The Iran Jersey is legitimately awesome

Any shirt with a poorly illustrated wild cat gets the Ninja Steve tick of approval

Also, bloody hell 17,000 Iranians can shout up a storm. Don't think a single person in the stadium was cheering for Bahrain

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
So which of you was in Sydney supporting North Korea? Check out the Asian guy in black.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That's Dear Reader.

It's Sam from Santo, Sam and Ed

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I like the guy holding the flag probably best, he's fanboying out hard

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

quote:

Central Coast Mariners can today announce that the Club’s Hyundai A-League 2014/15 round 16 clash against Adelaide United will now be played at Gosford’s Central Coast Stadium.

The Saturday 7 February fixture was originally scheduled to be played at Brookvale Oval in the heart of the Manly Warringah Football Association – an area home to over 16,000 registered participants of the world’s favourite sport.

However the game will now revert back to the home of the Mariners after Football Federation Australia (FFA) management agreed with the Club that the Brookvale Oval surface would not be in an adequate condition for play by early February.

Warringah Council has taken all possible steps to ensure that the game would proceed as planned, however the current timelines to ready the field of play to strict Hyundai A-League standards following the recent partial laying of a fresh Brookvale Oval surface are now too tight.

Central Coast Mariners wish to thank Warringah Council for their efforts and interest in hosting a Hyundai A-League match in their region, and broadening the reach of elite Australian football.

Tickets for the fixture against Adelaide United at Central Coast Stadium will go on sale this week, with Mariners Members to receive a special entry price of only $10 to retain their regular seats at the Mariners’ idyllic bayside arena.

Please note that 11 of the Club’s 13 matches were factored into the Club’s 2014/15 full-season Membership packages. However with the round 16 game reverting back to Central Coast Stadium, 12 fixtures will now be played at the venue.

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article/news-brookvale-fixture-revers-to-mariners-home/1ne50byk8ltu71wonbthnqfls6#R2VCKd7MTFiegSyT.99

The cynic in me wonders if also pre-sales were loving abominable because nobody on the northern beaches really gives a poo poo about soccer. Heck sometimes they can be half arsed about following League.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Palestine seem to definitely be poo poo. I guess that's what you get when your players are in the Slovenian league and the Swedish 3rd div

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiniSune posted:

The cynic in me wonders if also pre-sales were loving abominable because nobody on the northern beaches really gives a poo poo about soccer. Heck sometimes they can be half arsed about following League.

Yep, I lived there for a couple of years and you mention soccer and you just get a blank stare back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Japan smashing it up

• Locked thread