Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

You only wear off the bonus xp when you earn bonus xp, which is usually only for mob kills, so from full rested you'll generally go 10+ levels before emptying it.

(There are some things that aren't mob kills that also count but I'm not going to even pretend I know them exactly)

Anything that isn't a fixed ratio AFAIK. Crafting, mob kills, gathering are the big ones though. I also have no clue though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Boten Anna posted:

You only wear off the bonus xp when you earn bonus xp, which is usually only for mob kills, so from full rested you'll generally go 10+ levels before emptying it.

(There are some things that aren't mob kills that also count but I'm not going to even pretend I know them exactly)

I did pummel party from 1-10 on rogue and I had 10 levels of rested

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I'm pretty sure the website only updates its listing at those times. The actual times you can create a character are tied to current server pop and could happen at any time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Samba De Amigo posted:

Anything that isn't a fixed ratio AFAIK. Crafting, mob kills, gathering are the big ones though. I also have no clue though!

I'm pretty sure it's just those things. FATEs, leves, hunting logs, none of those are affected.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I'm currently working on my HQ Silver Sovereigns for my Forager's Rod and idly, what were some other valuable fish that I should be catching? I thought I heard Aetherlouse somewhere. Swimsuit desynth fish?

You can always try for three NQ or two HQ Olgoi-Khorkhoi to get your Talan's Seal of Fishing (3 Olgoi-Khorkhoi Fish, 10 Fieldcraft Demimateria III) then all you need is 1 Mastercraft Demimateria for your Halcyon Rod Supra.

:smithicide:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Doublestep posted:

I did pummel party from 1-10 on rogue and I had 10 levels of rested
Still getting chain-bonus on top even if you weren't wearing a feather or onion hat or eating food or whatever.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Old post, but I still marvel at what 1.0/hardcore players found "fun":
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/151331-Hard-Mode-Servers?p=1927477&viewfull=1#post1927477

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Spoiler: They wouldn't play the hypothetical game they're describing either they just want to sound like an internet badass. I mean

"Primals can and will one shot anyone other than a tank. And that tank better be good because he'll get one shot as well."

lol

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Not to mention most of the people asking for a "hardcore" game aren't good enough to play the game they wish they were playing to begin with.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

None of these people want permadeath? Scrubs. :colbert:

e: Though a lot of poo poo in these lists, like stamina bars, are used in asian MMOs. DFO's stamina bar when it first came out would empty in a coupel hours and then you get gently caress all for the rest of the day.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

WoW beta originally had a detrimental rested system as well (or was it alpha? It has been a while). I think they kept some of it in for the Chinese release.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

1.0 had the fatigue system too. After levelling a class a certain amount, you'd receive a penalty on your exp. You could get multiple penalties, which was either supposed to push you to level something else or log out. A 1.0 player could probably add more on this. I didn't stick around long enough. Apparently people just ignored it anyway, though.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
As far as I know they never actually implemented the fatigue system in 1.0, they just were planning on it. Player backlash prevented them from going through with it.

nuru posted:

WoW beta originally had a detrimental rested system as well (or was it alpha? It has been a while). I think they kept some of it in for the Chinese release.

As I understand it, the only thing WoW changed from beta to release was that it was no longer a 50% penalty to XP when you weren't rested, it was now a 100% bonus to XP when you were. So the effective XP amounts stayed the same and all they changed was the wording.

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be

Xenoveritas posted:

As far as I know they never actually implemented the fatigue system in 1.0, they just were planning on it. Player backlash prevented them from going through with it.

Nope. You had ten levels of fatigue, each would take 10% EXP or Skill Points gained off. If you kept grinding you'd get more and more cut, and if you switched to another class you could gradually reset your fatigue on the other classes. Physical level fatigue could not be reset, outside of the weekly fatigue reset which set everything back to zero. A weird bug was that since Shields were their own class, sometimes being a Gladiator + Sentinel would take you 30x longer to advance your fatigue past 10%, since those two classes would forever reset each other's fatigues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abE09-tqhoM

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Xenoveritas posted:

It was there. It was removed in one of the patches from after Yoshi-P's team took over, so it was around for a little while.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Xenoveritas posted:

As I understand it, the only thing WoW changed from beta to release was that it was no longer a 50% penalty to XP when you weren't rested, it was now a 100% bonus to XP when you were. So the effective XP amounts stayed the same and all they changed was the wording.

Yes, it was entirely a matter of player psychology. Bungie relearned this lesson the hard way in Destiny when they made rare gambling tokens have a small chance to give epics but also epic gambling tokens had a very high chance to only give rare items. You'd spend hours grinding for like four epic tokens and they'd turn into rare junk most of the time and apparently someone there thought this was good gameplay because testing showed that players got really excited when they actually got an epic.

Basically, the lesson is to incentivize player behaviour with bonuses rather than penalties.

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
how are ninjas in this game? are they anything like in ffxi?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

tvayisnihyaami posted:

Yes. The first kill of turn 13 was by a Ninja tank. Please start today.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

tvayisnihyaami posted:

Still the same as they were the last time you asked yesterday, and the 3 times before that.

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009
I'm thinking of playing a ninja. How do they compare to paladins and warriors?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Agraya posted:

all three pretty buttons to use abilities, hth

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Agraya posted:

Well, ninjas have a weapon in each hand so that obviously makes them 2x strong as a warrior and 1.5x as strong as a paladins.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

tvayisnihyaami posted:

Ninjas are terrible, they are literally the worst class in the game. They can barely break 100 dps on a good day.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Gotta love it when your client crashes en route to an S rank that would give you two alex.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ninja bunnies got a stealth DPS buff last patch. Never not bunny.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

tvayisnihyaami posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Captain Oblivious posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
surely they can't ask it every page

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBYZpMXknnE

This really makes me want primal mash up fights.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CrashCat posted:

I've seen worse gimmicks.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

CrashCat posted:

Can, and should.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

I love how much resentment there is on those forums that SE decided to make a good game to replace their poo poo one so they could actually make money off it. Like, I have a friend who likes XI more than XIV ARR and even he thought 1.0 was bullshit.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I've seen worse gimmicks.

So hay guys should I cross {Fracture} on CNJ?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Willias posted:

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBYZpMXknnE

This really makes me want primal mash up fights.

Neat, ultima + fate was my favourite. I need to come play this again I think.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i'm putting out the goon signal on ultros again

:alert: :siren: :attention:

please make your presence here known

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
This post was originally a smartass comment that was apparently six pages too late to be relevant. As such it has been edited into this.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Tarranon posted:

I play as Steve Holt on Ultros let's kill stuff

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Meldonox posted:

I love how much resentment there is on those forums that SE decided to make a good game to replace their poo poo one so they could actually make money off it. Like, I have a friend who likes XI more than XIV ARR and even he thought 1.0 was bullshit.

So hay guys should I cross {Fracture} on CNJ?

With how much they hate what ARR became you almost wonder why they stick around.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Tarranon posted:

I'm Semil Vann on Ultros.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are ninjas in this game anything like they are in FFXIV?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

OWLS! posted:

Are ninjas in this game anything like they are in FFXIV?

Not even remotely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Here's a recruitment code for anyone that wants to go nuts.

297PYDFJ

• Locked thread