Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
They gave us another premium contract in our inbox. I got an Achilles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

I got a lousy 3* Clown archer for my free pull. :(

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So what's the best way to grind out honor in the early game? I'm mid world 2 and taking leon from 3* to 4* drained me dry and I have 2 more dudes to go.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Oh, got Lillith from free pull, I heard they're pretty good.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

DrManiac posted:

So what's the best way to grind out honor in the early game? I'm mid world 2 and taking leon from 3* to 4* drained me dry and I have 2 more dudes to go.

Other than the random quest you get... general consensus is Arena. If you get to Gold/Master rank you rake in Honor, even Bronze/Silver gives good armor for beginners. Leon makes it easy. I got to Silver without him and every time I faced one in the Arena I was always worried because of what a pain he is.

But the Christmas units are so much worse. Lost to a team of three Level 20 3* Christmas units with my team of three Level 40 4*'s.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 10, 2015

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Any tips for BF20? I die before I can do too much and the back girl heals like crazy.

Looks like the game is down for an hour.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

mcpringles posted:

Any tips for BF20? I die before I can do too much and the back girl heals like crazy.

Looks like the game is down for an hour.

Burst before they fill up their SP bar to heal and burst you. Dungeon gives you enough time to use 1 skill or so. I'm using a Gipang and bella and they usually die in 3 block + skill

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Wassbix posted:

Burst before they fill up their SP bar to heal and burst you. Dungeon gives you enough time to use 1 skill or so. I'm using a Gipang and bella and they usually die in 3 block + skill

Yeah that's my problem. By the time I start generating blocks they use their specials and its all over.

My free unit was 4* archon :woop:

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 10, 2015

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Out of these heroes who should I focus on leveling to rank-5..

Hanzo
Woopa
Korin
Spyro
Achilles

Right now I'm leveling these guys up to lv.40, and I'm also leveling up a lv.30 wizard to hopefully get a Archon.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

burntpork posted:

Hanzo
Woopa
Korin
Spyro
Achilles

Right now I'm leveling these guys up to lv.40, and I'm also leveling up a lv.30 wizard to hopefully get a Archon.

I would just turn some 3*s into 4s hoping to get something better than those.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
Free unit of the day: Brave Dog. Oh well.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
3* archer from my pull. Oh well. I need to promote a gipa anyway!

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

burntpork posted:

Hanzo
Woopa
Korin
Spyro
Achilles

Hanzo is good I'd level him.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

burntpork posted:

Hanzo
Woopa
Korin
Spyro
Achilles

iirc Lv. 5 Hanzo also nets you a skill level up for the throwing star archer skill, so that might be useful to you as well. Not sure about the rest.

Depends on what you need in your team, but Hanzo is a nice tanky archer.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Zodack posted:

iirc Lv. 5 Hanzo also nets you a skill level up for the throwing star archer skill, so that might be useful to you as well. Not sure about the rest.

All of the 5 star units have either a level up for a basic skill or unlocks one of the advanced skills. Only issue is that 5* units unlock the last upgrade for basic skills, which means you still have to gather all the crappy three star units that get your skill to 3/4

Advanced skills are generally insanely badass compared to standard, so trying to get a 5* that unlocks one of them is the better choice. At the very least, Mew's unique five star ability is an incredibly good healing burst compared to all the other healer skills, and once you have it unlocked you can put it on any of your healers.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Zodack posted:

Is the throwing star special that good? I went with fire arrows for a lot of the game, then saw everyone in the arena using throwing stars, so I switched and wasn't that impressed. When I went back to fire arrows it even got a Great and now my archer has a level five version. Bosses totally melt in a couple of seconds to it. Arena is...well, situational. It melts them, right up until Leon spinning slashes and pushes me away and they walk out.

What other skills should I be looking for?

I have mostly just been playing this by ear, going through the story and leveling my dudes.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I think it just all about evens out. Definitely don't give up that free Level 5 ability for something else, you dodged the Honor and Gold cost of that extra level.

My Robin Hood got a Great when I was teaching him Blitz so that tears things up.

It's really just use whatever you want (generally damaging abilities are better than buffs on your DPS/Tank units) until you get the advanced abilities, and then use one of those.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It's been a while since a mobile game would get me to do multiple sessions a day, this is pretty drat fun. Plus the game is pulling respectable numbers and growing, so it should get support for quite some time.

Anyway, yesterday I pulled me first 4*, R-9999, whereas I'm still using 3* in the Desert. Should I invest in her or wait until later? She seems sort of middling on the power list.
I also wish the game would stop giving me archers. I have 10 archers and only 1 Paladin/Priest/Wizard/Gunner.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
So, I've been sitting on a Maxi while farming for a Gipa. Am I safe maxing out her in the meantime? Do they excel at different enough things that it's worth having both? I figure at the very least it'd be good for dungeons but that's still a shitload of gold and bread!

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Man...I love this game, but the iOS version could use a crapton of bugfixes - started up and got a message saying "Already signed out on another device", then it crashed, and when I restarted my save was apparently deleted. Had to start a new game, play through the tutorial, and then thankfully restoring via Facebook worked.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Suicide Pacmen posted:

So, I've been sitting on a Maxi while farming for a Gipa. Am I safe maxing out her in the meantime? Do they excel at different enough things that it's worth having both? I figure at the very least it'd be good for dungeons but that's still a shitload of gold and bread!

Maybe get her up to 5* and sit on her till you decide. 5->6* is around 90k gold even with 4* cakes and even more if you use shittier bread. You probably want to save and invest on your big hitters first.

Leon is a pretty good choice. Solid stats and useful for most content. I'd say focus on a team that does well in Arenas, since it solves the honor issue + you get a nice chunk of gems every week.

Speaking of Leon, I think I finally got him to work in Arena. Been running Alexander. Leon, Nightingale and having two melee dudes means you can push them back in order to land Leon's attack on all 3. It's been working pretty well. Currently at Masters 20% Hoping to get under 10% before tomorrow to get the 40 gem pay out.

Also, has anyone noticed that the 5* star sword/bow with the 3 Attack Conversion is better than the 6* weapon? I got something like 190% Crit damage boost on my Gipang's bow and he does around 5.5k crits with 3 blocks, it one shots 6* mages/healers with Bella. On the Sword I got 40% Atk + and it's pretty nutty.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
The more I run the world bosses, the less they want to actually drop something that isn't gold.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Bought 55 (+6) Gems because of the sale, rolled some number of times less than 11 and only got one 4*... Alice.

Great. That'll go so well with my equally-C-rank Monte Proto.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Sorry dude, that's why it says in the OP not to pull units. Your better off spending gems on space, gold and refills.

In other news everyone in the line chat moved to a new line chat which still has room for anyone interested.

http://line.me/R/ti/g/NFvDVDQyvr

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I was wondering what the deal was with the Line group moving. I would join but there's always incessant conversation pop-ups while I play the game, usually off-topic about completely unrelated stuff. If there were a way to make those go away I might consider it. There probably is.

And I don't mind losing the luck game in pulls, it's just disappointing. I'm not a whale but I really don't have qualms about IAP, especially when I enjoy the game. If it's going to have more longevity for me than a $45 3DS game or a $60 PC/Console title (and mobile games usually do) I don't mind spending around that much on them.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

You can turn off chat notifications, but yeah most of the people in the chat are 13 and talk like morons on Twitter.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

mcpringles posted:

You can turn off chat notifications, but yeah most of the people in the chat are 13 and talk like morons on Twitter.

Why don't we just idle 8008 in game. Seems to work for some of us.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

Why don't we just idle 8008 in game. Seems to work for some of us.

The problem with chat channel, at least for me, is that I disconnect every time I turn my screen off and go into a random chat channel when I return.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Is there any stage or method that's particularly good for leveling low star/level guys? I want to level as many gunners as possible to try for d'art, but I'm not sure of the most efficient way to do that.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

mcpringles posted:

The problem with chat channel, at least for me, is that I disconnect every time I turn my screen off and go into a random chat channel when I return.

Yeah, I have the same issue, if it remembered the channel it wouldn't be so awful.

So far team of Alexander/Gipang, Leon, Nightingale has been doing some serious work in Arena for me. On something like a 200 win streak. Sadly I missed the first few days of the week due to phone being bonked so I don't think I can make it under 10% for the 40 gem pay out :(. Stuck on top 15% With only 6 hours to go don't think I can make the cutoff. Oh well 30 gems still pretty nice.

Fun fact about Alexander/Joan's party shield is that it eats all the knockbacks and stuns for the rest of the party. So Leon can stick to the frontline and not get stun/knocked back into being useless. With Nightingale healing 700 AOE every auto attack. I can tank almost every DPS; thats not Archon, due to his super armour pen + dps + stuns. In that case I just switch out Alexander for Gipang and just one shot Archon with a 6k crit + Bella before he mana recycles and goes off. Once Archon goes off it's pretty over since he'll stunlock your entire party while blowing them up with the static orbs.

After the buff Archon seems like the top dps unit in Arena, he has insane dps (static orbs) + party shield + party wide armor pen + stun (max mana recycle). Been running into alot of Joan/Mew/Archon teams that I avoid since it's so hard to beat once Archon gets going. Only weakness he has is his low HP but Joan usually tanks enough till the first mana recycle and you're in stun hell.

What teams are yall running in Arenas?

Vincent Valentine posted:

Is there any stage or method that's particularly good for leveling low star/level guys? I want to level as many gunners as possible to try for d'art, but I'm not sure of the most efficient way to do that.

I run 1-6 hard with the repeatable quest, with 1 dps leader and 2 low star guys. Usually the dps can blow up all the mobs before they even reach you. 1-6 also has pretty high gold payouts so it's nice.

Also I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly but you can't promote into D'arta she is only from Ancient dungeon 20f (the one coming up later today).

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 11, 2015

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Didn't archon get nerfed? That's what people in the line chat were saying.

I still run Xmas in the arena but I plan to switch once I get enough bread to 6 star Alex.

I'm thinking some combination of Alex, Gip, Leon, mew and archon.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

mcpringles posted:

Didn't archon get nerfed? That's what people in the line chat were saying.

I still run Xmas in the arena but I plan to switch once I get enough bread to 6 star Alex.

I'm thinking some combination of Alex, Gip, Leon, mew and archon.

I'm not seeing any new patches in the notice screen? I'm not aware of any stealth nerfs to Archon after the Dec 31 patch. I don't use the Line chat so I'm not sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got nerfed, but they seem to be more inclined to buff useless guys and not so much into nerfing strong guys. Archon before the changes was pretty weak.

It's funny running in Christmas teams in Arena once you get a decent 6* team going. Nightingale can outheal all the damage of the christmas team, so I can just activate her heal and just go afk to a victory screen. Before I used to dread running into Xmas dudes.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

Wassbix posted:

I'm running No.9(5*), Giparang (5*), and Yeowoodong (4*) for now, made it about 300 points into Silver this week pretty easily. Thinking I may try and grind enough next week to get No. 9 up to 6*, then either work on promoting Yeo or possibly swap her out for Alexander or Susanoo (since I got a 5* sword from the world boss) and try to get them promoted.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Wassbix posted:

I've been running the above mentioned team: Joan(Heaven Slash), Mew(Smile of the Goddess) and Archon(Max Mana Recycle).

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Wassbix posted:

I run 1-6 hard with the repeatable quest, with 1 dps leader and 2 low star guys. Usually the dps can blow up all the mobs before they even reach you. 1-6 also has pretty high gold payouts so it's nice.

Also I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly but you can't promote into D'arta she is only from Ancient dungeon 20f (the one coming up later today).

Oh, well poo poo.

How hard is it? I read D'arta's stuff in the tome and it seems like a really fun unit, I've got a 5* Nightingale, Leon and R-1....but that's about it. I'm assuming it's going to bar at least 2/3rds of my team from entry.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Vincent Valentine posted:

Oh, well poo poo.

How hard is it? I read D'arta's stuff in the tome and it seems like a really fun unit, I've got a 5* Nightingale, Leon and R-1....but that's about it. I'm assuming it's going to bar at least 2/3rds of my team from entry.

Its no gunners + swords. It wasn't too hard last rotation. They tend to bug out a lot when they get stunned and just stand there. Its similar to this one where they gain SP and blow you up so burst is key.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Lilith is so fun. I toss meteors at trash mobs while collecting the clone skills, when I get to the boss I use all of my 5-6 clones to get 6-7 dudes, then spam 1 block meteors, but multiplied by 7.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Wassbix posted:

Its no gunners + swords. It wasn't too hard last rotation. They tend to bug out a lot when they get stunned and just stand there. Its similar to this one where they gain SP and blow you up so burst is key.

Are you suggesting foregoing a healer entirely?

I've got a 4* archon and a 4* cain, but I'm not sure I can get them leveled enough(bread is the big bottleneck at this point) to survive without a healer by the time the dungeon goes away. I'm probably just going to have to go for it the next time it comes in rotation :smith:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Can you get the contract-only heroes from their respective class contracts, or are they Premium Contract only? Figured I'd ask before using my weekly PvP gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I've been trying to farm better weapons from the world boss but I'm starting to encounter this bug where I beat the boss but the victory screen doesn't show up and everyone just walks off screen before the game freezes. Has anybody else encountered this and is there a fix? Its happened like 5 to 6 times now.

Zodack posted:

Can you get the contract-only heroes from their respective class contracts, or are they Premium Contract only? Figured I'd ask before using my weekly PvP gems.

I thought they were only from Premium contracts but I have no idea.

• Locked thread