Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Wayne Gretzky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

John cena

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
This is a great and well researched article.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

"Seth has about 13,000 in savings." Holy gently caress. Dudes doing pretty good for himself actually.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

super macho dude posted:

"Seth has about 13,000 in savings." Holy gently caress. Dudes doing pretty good for himself actually.

That's $12,995 more than I currently have in savings.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

super macho dude posted:

I was pretty worried about Seth Rollins's financial management until I read the article and saw that it was about someone else.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Some person does not like The Death of WCW.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjl2q6

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In fairness, The Death of WCW is not exactly where I'd go to for hard, fact-based reference.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Some person does not like The Death of WCW.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sjl2q6

He's great. Long time truther.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Wish Dave would've just responded with "Go outside."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I remember Dave responding to that on one of the shows and I couldn't believe it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

quote:

Page 179 - Says “Benoit & Malenko were outraged when word got round that Kevin Nash had referred to them as vanilla midgets” but it's true! they were.

this guy is onto something

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
This dude's got a fun YT channel though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4onBPX2kq4

This is 1hr30min of people telling Scott Steiner stories, for example.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I think MetsFan4Ever poo poo can firmly be put in this thread.

His latest posting could be his best work yet:

quote:

News coming out of Corpus Christi, TX today is that many officially heading into WrestleMania season, many superstars are greatly divided on who should actually win the Rumble match. There are many on the side of Roman Reigns and those who are believe he is the future and next John Cena of the company. There are also others that feel Daniel Bryan should be the guy and that if he isn't we will see another disappointing ending to the Rumble match much like last year.

There are officials in the company who believe letting Daniel Bryan win and main event the biggest show of the year is a huge risk considering his past injury history. There are those that feel Bryan truly is a "B" level player and will never be truly at the top of the card because of his past injuries and his long-term future still in question.

I was also told that about 45-minutes ago Triple H held a talent meeting stating that they are not sure who is going to win the Rumble match and main event WrestleMania. He challenged all the Superstars in the next couple of weeks. They will be evaluated and then in a few weeks they will decide who should get the opportunity.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

He's a mouthpiece for the fed to spin smarks. Acknowledge an issue so people don't think they're incompetent, spin Bryan's position so they can point to injury history as an excuse, set it up so their theoretically most dynamic main event of the year doesn't look like a forefone conclusion.

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
It's Howard Finkle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luke72w posted:

It's Howard Finkle.

suck my dick, Karl.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

coconono posted:

suck my dick, Karl.

son of a BITCH

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You can sit on it, AAAAAAND spin!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From the 10/27/97 Observer

quote:

This is ridiculous. The 9/22 issue spent four-and-a-half pages on the death of Fritz Von Erich. What the hell am I paying for? I can understand a half page, even a page, but four-and-a-half pages? It's time to speak up. I ignored the issue with the story about some dead Roller Derby lady. This was the final straw. I get this newsletter because it's the best. I've tried all the others and it's the best. But if you're going to keep this up every time somebody dies, you're going to lose readers. Nobody cares about a lengthy story surrounding a wrestlers' death. If we don't already know about their career, after they die isn't the time to start educating us. Simply tell us that the guy died, what names he wrestled under and a few quick facts about his career. It's hypocritical to go any deeper and I'm not paying for that crap much longer.

John Kashmer

Burlington, New Jersey

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

And almost a decade later, the WON with a bio about Ann Calvello might well have been one of his best ever issues.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

From the 10/27/97 Observer

Pure, unadulterated ignorance. Wow.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That reminds me, I so wish they'd have a virtual HoF up with bios for each honoree.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What is hypocritical about it?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

oldpainless posted:

What is hypocritical about it?

That he wasn't writing that much about him until after he died? I don't know. Reading that was painful.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is anyone on Mecca or Asylum irrationally excited about the JR/Striker TNA namedrops on WK9 potentially leading to international exposure for the company, or is it dead to them because Styles and Jarrett are TNA turncoats?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Is anyone on Mecca or Asylum irrationally excited about the JR/Striker TNA namedrops on WK9 potentially leading to international exposure for the company, or is it dead to them because Styles and Jarrett are TNA turncoats?

I've seen those folks bash NJPW pretty hard so it's quite likely they're unaware of it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Had a look and it really wasn't interesting. A few posted about it without incident. They made fun of Karen being bloated looking. They aren't as paranoid about New Japan as they are with ROH.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

They know, but they hate NJPW for the Jarrett/AJ/okada (who said nasty things about TNA) connection and the fact that most of NJPW fans hate tna

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
And we're spinning and spinning even when the numbers appear to be okay

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72TopWbXJg

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

sorry they didn't hit that 1 million viewer mark Mecca predicted a month ago..

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone know the actual numbers? What's the over/under, 500,000.5?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Memento posted:

Anyone know the actual numbers? What's the over/under, 500,000.5?

360k.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Could be 500k when you add the replay as a de facto west coast airing.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

I thought the 360k counted the west coast?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

I thought the 360k counted the west coast?

It did, the 269k or so number that was floating before was without the West Coast factored in. Not sure if the replay immediately after was factored in.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Was this posted on Asylum or Mecca?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rude!

SpikeTV truthers are always fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

but you see spike never promoted tna. that 360k viewers on DA is better than the 1mil viewers spike would get cause destination america is gonna make tna a household name. just wait and see.