Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Lot 49 posted:

He's been average. Not even close to good enough for the reported transfer fee.

It still doesn't make any sense why they loaned him in the first place.

Ffp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Lot 49 posted:

Desperation.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Wengy posted:

I'm biased, being Swiss, but I think he's better than what you give him credit for. His mentality may not have been perfect for a club like Bayern, but meh, that's what happens when you're used to being the big fish in a tiny pond (Basel, the Swiss national team). He should have headed to a team where could fill that role again and where his selfishness wouldn't be as big an issue. Not sure Serie A is the right place for a player like him to flourish tbh, his tactical limitations you rightly point out might turn out to be his downfall. But at least he's technically very strong and decent at creating space for himself, unlike Podolski who I can't really see succeeding in Italy.

He was phenomenal in the WC, Inter got a bargain if they actually give him a spot over Poldi.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

lol at everyone thinking 40 million is a big purchase anymore. he could flop entirely and who cares it's just 40 million lmao.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I just want to reiterate that this is the most arsenal of transfers http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/arsenal-krystian-bielik-legia-warsaw

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

dkj posted:

lol at everyone thinking 40 million is a big purchase anymore. he could flop entirely and who cares it's just 40 million lmao.

Only 4 players have ever gone to an English club for more than £40m

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why is the media so eager for Strootman to United to happen? The guy will go insane if he is asked again

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

julian assflange posted:

Why is the media so eager for Strootman to United to happen? The guy will go insane if he is asked again

Good, maybe then he'll sign.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lot 49 posted:

Because they have no money.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Chelsea's Lewis Baker has been loaned to Sheffield Wednesday

As you can see, he doesnt bother concealing his delight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30728118

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TelekineticBear! posted:

Falcao is certainly an upgrade on Welbeck, boy must they be pissing themselves up in Manchester at the money they ripped off of Arsenal on that one.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've read the newspapers and LVG has made A Huge Mistake in selling an alright-but-not-great English striker

julian assflange posted:

Because you can plausibly link any Dutchman to being on Van Gaal's target list, and that's much easier than going outside and doing journalism where you have to wear a coat and take pictures

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Di Marzio says that Eto'o and Sampdoria are in talks, and a transfer could be finalized quickly. It's up to Ferrero, in terms of whether he'll meet Eto'o's (is that right? feels odd to type Eto'o's) wage demands.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hmm, so what has been going on with West Ham, Birmingham, and Mame Biram? I was promised details.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Sandwolf posted:

Hmm, so what has been going on with West Ham, Birmingham, and Mame Biram? I was promised details.

we loaned out mauro zarate to 'arry's boys and signed a canadian defender.

speaking of canada,
toronto fc is trying to lure sunderlands favorite son

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
speaking of canada,
[/quote]

Is it wrong that I clicked hoping for either a beach ball or brapbrapbrap?

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

brocked posted:

speaking of canada,

Is it wrong that I clicked hoping for either a beach ball or brapbrapbrap?

i think steve bruce is still busy at hull

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Are we sure Ched knows how to take no for an answer?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
RE: Podolski

"It is just a loan without an option to buy. That means he is back at the end of the season."

from Wenger

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Blanc has said PSG don't want to sign Sissoko

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've read the newspapers and LVG has made A Huge Mistake in selling an alright-but-not-great English striker

Cashing in on Welbeck is probably the most sensible sale that man united have made in a while, wasn't up to the standard that is expected of a manchester united player so its even more comical that arsenal bought him, showing once again, how small time they have become

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
pretty dull transfer window so far imo

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbQEgfDN_qg

:(( :'(

:(

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The Sneijder to Juve rumor suddenly went dead, and Sneijder's agent is publicly saying he's looking to sign a contract extension with Galatasaray. :shrug:

In that newly created news vacuum, Juve are now linked to Mkhitaryan (simply because Raiola is his agent), and Januzaj (for reasons I can't fathom).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

The Sneijder to Juve rumor suddenly went dead, and Sneijder's agent is publicly saying he's looking to sign a contract extension with Galatasaray. :shrug:

In that newly created news vacuum, Juve are now linked to Mkhitaryan (simply because Raiola is his agent), and Januzaj (for reasons I can't fathom).

United player frozen out by his manager.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

He's poo poo

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
What's his salary at Manchester United these days?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Here's a fun one: It's being suggested that because of a deleted tweet sent from Marcus Bean (low battery as standard), who was on loan at Portsmouth from Colchester but has now signed for Wycombe, Alex Wynter, who was on loan at Portsmouth from Crystal Palace may be returning to Colchester, who he was on loan at before Portsmouth, to sign a permanent deal.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

puchu posted:

What's his salary at Manchester United these days?

40k a week.

Or 300. Depending on if you're an idiot.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sunderland are trying to offload Altidore to the MLS but no-one wants him.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Shrapnig posted:

Frozen out, or doesnt fit in the system we've been playing?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sterling is still 'on holiday' and hasnt returned to the liverpool team. He's off.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

serious gaylord posted:

Sterling is still 'on holiday' and hasnt returned to the liverpool team. He's off.
I dunno, feel like we would have heard a lot more details of transfer fees if something was in place, all there's been is vague talk about Madrid looking at him. Rodgers has made a lot of noise about making sure he's rested and not playing every game so it might just be that.

We're hosed if he does go, we need players so much more than we need money right now.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

serious gaylord posted:

Smart move by whoevers advising him

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

On the other hand, he's also apparently close to signing a new Liverpool contract so nobody knows what's actually going on.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Mediaset has an article up claiming that Toronto FC have an offer out to Giovinco. He's out of contract at the end of the season.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

vyelkin posted:

On the other hand, he's also apparently close to signing a new Liverpool contract so nobody knows what's actually going on.

Must be hard to uproot all his various children. Makes sense.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

serious gaylord posted:

Sunderland are trying to offload Altidore to the MLS but no-one wants him.

he wants more than henry did when he came to the states. no one wants to pay that much for him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

He's probably not actually close to signing a new contract, as he's on holiday in the middle of the season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Mediaset has an article up claiming that Toronto FC have an offer out to Giovinco. He's out of contract at the end of the season.

It would be insane if another Italian team doesn't pick him up, especially on a free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

It would be insane if another Italian team doesn't pick him up, especially on a free.

Monaco are after him too I think.

• Locked thread