Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Organs posted:

what's the deck of 52 system? how does it work?

It's pretty much the Nemesis system already only with no randomisation, you had four main targets each with twelve henchmen arranged in tiers and taking out the lower ones weakened the upper ones, or you could go gently caress it and take on the harder targets first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Herr Direktor posted:

Boy first light is just enough infamous eh? Really good freebie to give out, once you're done, you're done. Good standalone.

how much bigger/longer is second son? first light was enjoyable, but i felt pretty done when it was finished.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Attitude Indicator posted:

how much bigger/longer is second son? first light was enjoyable, but i felt pretty done when it was finished.

Quite a bit. You can access the second half of the city. There are more types of side missions. There are 3 sets of powers instead of 1 (and the shared one has different abilities). The story mode is much longer and has the signature Infamous good and evil paths. There's also the Paper Trail ARG stuff which is kinda divisive.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

its in the same city? boring.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Organs posted:

what's the deck of 52 system? how does it work?

52 marked specific dudes to kill throughout the course of the game, ranked in card value and organised by suit.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

its in the same city? boring.

It's almost like First Light came out later, re-using the city to keep it a budget title or something???

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
He's not wrong though, Seattle is boring as poo poo

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Seedge posted:

It's almost like First Light came out later, re-using the city to keep it a budget title or something???

so? i still find the idea of another game in that city boring.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

echronorian posted:

He's not wrong though, Seattle is boring as poo poo

yeah infamous as a series is especially bad at giving you things to do in the open world.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 10, 2015

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Sakurazuka posted:

It's pretty much the Nemesis system already only with no randomisation, you had four main targets each with twelve henchmen arranged in tiers and taking out the lower ones weakened the upper ones, or you could go gently caress it and take on the harder targets first.

The Nemesis system already pretty much has that with the whole bodyguard thing though.

VVV I was just pointing out that is sounds like the Nemesis system already has the feature he wants.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 10, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The Nemesis system already pretty much has that with the whole bodyguard thing though.

deck of 52 is older than nemesis

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

So far I am glad I only spent $20 on Infamous: SS. There isnt really anything to do. It is the least engaging game in the series.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

Wolfenstein didn't precisely have that though. The way idTech 5 games like it work is that they stay at a hard-locked 60fps with 1080 horizontal lines of resolution, but the number of pixels in each line - which is usually 1920 - frequently drops in place of the framerate. The PS4 version's resolution doesn't drop as far as the Xbone's, at least.

WipEout HD on the PS3 did the same thing, as well as Killzone Mercenary on the Vita, but I'd hoped it would be more common now. I'm sure Doom 4 will use it, at least.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

The Flying Milton posted:

So far I am glad I only spent $20 on Infamous: SS. There isnt really anything to do. It is the least engaging game in the series.

Don't forget, though, when the PS4 first came out, it was basically the best title out there, in terms of showing off what the system could do. Now that the library's expanded, it's a different case, but man, when that game first came out, all I'd do is stare at the raindrops in puddles.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I'm like halfway through Wolfenstein already, and it's really fun. Brain-damaged John Cena kills all the nazis, and their robots and dogs.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm really liking the swapper, although I'm waiting for it to turn into a metaphor for snowballing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

echronorian posted:

I'm really liking the swapper, although I'm waiting for it to turn into a metaphor for snowballing

It does have a really unfortunate title

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I put in my GTA5 disc today right after turning the system on and it made some rather very loud noise for a few seconds. Haven't replicated the problem. Is this just something that happens? Googling turned up a "hard drive cover vibrates" issue but this was not that. I don't want to have to send the drat thing in already. :ohdear:

On that note, Jesus Christ GTA5 starts so slow and with boring rear end missions.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

so? i still find the idea of another game in that city boring.

Thing is, First Light only takes place in one part of Second Son's city. The actual map is easily three or four times as big.

That said, it's still not really that great of an open world. It has pretty much all of the same activities as in First Light, but you do get more powers to play with. It honestly depends on how much you liked First Light and if you want more of that.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

precision posted:

I put in my GTA5 disc today right after turning the system on and it made some rather very loud noise for a few seconds. Haven't replicated the problem. Is this just something that happens? Googling turned up a "hard drive cover vibrates" issue but this was not that. I don't want to have to send the drat thing in already. :ohdear:

On that note, Jesus Christ GTA5 starts so slow and with boring rear end missions.

Are you sure what you're hearing isn't the disc spinning up? The system does get rather loud whenever it's reading from the disc drive.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Motherfuckin Alien Isolation is really fun but whatever you do don't craft right before loading screens on the transit. It breaks your save so you no longer have access to your motion tracker which is like the best part of the game. You need to entirely restart to get it back.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

Are you sure what you're hearing isn't the disc spinning up? The system does get rather loud whenever it's reading from the disc drive.

No, every other time I put a disc in it's very quiet. It was very odd. :iiam:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Infamous is not even Seattle, just some vaguely pacific northwesty place with a Space Needle. I was so disappointed in its representation after the amazing job done in GTA V.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
A heads up for anyone who's intending to replace their PS4 HDD: be sure to download the update file directly to the USB thumb drive. I burned an hour trying to get the system to recognize the update before finding the solution on google. The actual Sony instructions essentially tell you to do that, but it can be easily missed.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

precision posted:

No, every other time I put a disc in it's very quiet. It was very odd. :iiam:

Could be the loading mechanism not grabbing the disc properly on the first go and then it makes a real bad sound. I've had it happen once or twice and now I keep a tiny bit of pressure on the disc so it's in the proper position and it hasn't done it since.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

holocaust bloopers posted:

A heads up for anyone who's intending to replace their PS4 HDD: be sure to download the update file directly to the USB thumb drive. I burned an hour trying to get the system to recognize the update before finding the solution on google. The actual Sony instructions essentially tell you to do that, but it can be easily missed.

I did NOT do this. And it worked fine. Hell the drive had a bunch of other stuff on it and I just added the ps4 folder along with everything. Worked 1st try.

Weird

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Finished off inFamous first light, nabbing me my 37th platinum. and my 3001st trophy.

loving fantastic game and a fun platinum once I figured out all the challenges. I'll probably come back to it and try out Delsin more, I did terrible with him.

Now to fart around in GTA5 until Bloodborne or next months PS+ games.

edit; gently caress it, I wanted to play shadow or mordor and I got a few days off coming up, I think I'll plow through that in 20 or so hours for my 38th plat.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 10, 2015

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
I just ripped through the story portion of Infamous: First Light. It was excellent. I went out and picked up Infamous: Second Son at Best Buy for $19.99 after all the positive comments here. Thanks guys.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Dude gently caress stealth in far cry. No matter what I do if I kill one guy near another it auto alerts them. Sniper, bow, or knife even. The city of pain mission is really sucking the fun out of this game for me. Forced sneak, a million random patrols, and as soon as I sneak kill one guy they are all aware.

I was really liking just machine gunning and grenade launching everything. I want that back please.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Maybe try not killing people then?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bob A Feet posted:

Dude gently caress stealth in far cry. No matter what I do if I kill one guy near another it auto alerts them. Sniper, bow, or knife even. The city of pain mission is really sucking the fun out of this game for me. Forced sneak, a million random patrols, and as soon as I sneak kill one guy they are all aware.

I was really liking just machine gunning and grenade launching everything. I want that back please.

Stealth is easy mode at that point in the game, distract everyone with rocks, stab them when they're on their own, stash bodies, repeat. Also grab the gun you get from the stupid uPlay thing, it makes a great silenced pistol (don't forget to actually buy the silencer)and looks like Robocop's gun.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Pleads posted:

Maybe try not killing people then?

That was actually the solution. The game put waypoints next to groups of hostages and told me to free the slaves as the objective. The thing is the hostages ≠ slaves. The hostages had four guards with a patrol and the slaves had one guard that didn't move.

I guess I should try new things instead of banging my head into the wall constantly.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Stealth is easy mode at that point in the game, distract everyone with rocks, stab them when they're on their own, stash bodies, repeat. Also grab the gun you get from the stupid uPlay thing, it makes a great silenced pistol (don't forget to actually buy the silencer)and looks like Robocop's gun.

Honestly, Robocop's gun is basically the best thing in Far Cry 4. That, and riding an elephant while SHOOTING Robocop's gun.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Paranoid Dude posted:

Honestly, Robocop's gun is basically the best thing in Far Cry 4. That, and riding an elephant while SHOOTING Robocop's gun.

I redeemed it on uplay, how do I get it in game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Reposting because I didn't get a response:

Is there any sort of workable remote control solution yet? It's loving stupid the PS3 remote doesn't work and the controller is rear end as a BR remote.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

Bobtista posted:

I redeemed it on uplay, how do I get it in game

You should be able to purchase it at any store now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there any sort of workable remote control solution yet? It's loving stupid the PS3 remote doesn't work and the controller is rear end as a BR remote.

can't you use a phone for that stuff?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just use my tv remote for my PS4. It lets me turn the system on and navigate to Netflix/Amazon and that's really all I need. Modern technology owns.

I am surprised there hasn't been a peep about a remote. Hopefully they will put something out this year.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

can't you use a phone for that stuff?
It doesn't work inside of any apps that I am aware of, so useless for playing videos. What the hell is the point of just controlling the top level interface with something but not anything else?

I use HDMI link myself, it works with all of the video services I have tried so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

There isn't a specific PS4 remote at this time, but the PS4 supports HDMI-CEC so a compliant TV and its remote should be able to control things similarly to the PS3 remote.

• Locked thread