Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my favorite thing is when a game nails ambient sound. you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to make the outdoors sound like the outdoors but it's rarer than you'd think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

stalker has good sound, both of the main ones

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I keep trying to watch agdq but every time I turn it on they're loving taking forever to set up for the next game

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Al! posted:

I keep trying to watch agdq but every time I turn it on they're loving taking forever to set up for the next game

they tried to simplify their setup this year (like by not having framemeisters and mostly using s-video when possible) but i get the impression it didn't help as much as they probably would have liked

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

simplified hahaha, they have to fight cable squid between games if you look at photos

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=968750

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

univbee posted:

they tried to simplify their setup this year (like by not having framemeisters and mostly using s-video when possible) but i get the impression it didn't help as much as they probably would have liked

two stages. that's literally what every other thing like this does

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
change your apps name. not that big of a deal.

jony.

sent from my funny computer.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

you're missing every time the monkey wrench hits an enemy in opposing force

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

half-life is basically perfection

except for the ice-skating physics

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

duckfarts posted:

and the hovercraft mission.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

duckfarts posted:

sv_friction 0

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

madeupfred posted:

I decided to buy it. It's actually very nice! About 3" by 3" so it's pretty substantial. The metal's a little thinner than I would have wanted, but it's about as heavy as it can get without you needing to worry about it weighing down the branches of your Christmas tree. There were a couple of nicks and marks from production not buffed out but that took a couple seconds to fix with a Dremel. 8/10 buy it if you want a Pikachu on your Christmas tree.

thx i might get this

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

overwatch is a really bad and generic name for what that game is anyway, maybe blizzard realized that

e: maybe they'll make a third game with the acronym HOTS

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Yodzilla posted:

overwatch is a really bad and generic name for what that game is anyway, maybe blizzard realized that

heroes of the stream

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
pikmin is carrots with arms and legs

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Yodzilla posted:

heroes of team fortress stronghold

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

if you're really bad at metal gear 5 you get the option of wearing a chicken hat to make the game really easy.

once it's on it cannot be removed and it shows up in every cutscene

this owns

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
gonna take another stab at playing xenoblade chronicles but i have a strong suspicion it's bad like most video games

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
the incredible adventures of van helsing is p.good play it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
weirdo rpg LISA is actually pretty good if you like earthbound for adults with branching choices

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Mad Wack posted:

weirdo rpg LISA is actually pretty good if you like earthbound for adults with branching choices

is that the one where you are the last survivor of a mission and have to find out what happened to the other crew? is that JULIA?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for this ancient thing that's been posted in this thread probably a dozen times by now.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

saucepanman posted:

is that the one where you are the last survivor of a mission and have to find out what happened to the other crew? is that JULIA?

no its a post apocalyptic rpg about how there are no women left alive and you play a fat bald drug addict

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Do I actually have to wait for this one person to come online to get into PBC/DKK or whichever linkshell it is

Also I'm having a weird latency issue, mostly during combat. Not sure what the cause is.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Cold on a Cob posted:

i remember left 4 dead 1 & 2 both having some good sound design too but i'm no expert here
the rain storm in l4d2 sounded really good, and they even nailed the rain pattering against the metal roof at the gas station

Defense League of the Fortresses

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vintersorg posted:

half-life is basically perfection

when the marines come and you start hearing their transmissions over the radio

its so good

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

triple sulk posted:

Do I actually have to wait for this one person to come online to get into PBC/DKK or whichever linkshell it is

Also I'm having a weird latency issue, mostly during combat. Not sure what the cause is.

did you go through the process of getting onto their forum?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Liver Disaster posted:

did you go through the process of getting onto their forum?

Yeah I did the profile reg thing, all I saw was to message the one person unless I missed something

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

triple sulk posted:

Yeah I did the profile reg thing, all I saw was to message the one person unless I missed something

iirc you need to A. find a member and B. go to their house
i should switch back over to that character probably
maybe tomorrow

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

hells yeah

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/friday-the-13th-the-video-game-announced/1100-6424576/

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
http://supersystems.itch.io/driftstagealpha

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
finally got a couple hours into Transistor and past the 2nd boss and the combat system is feeling hella clunky with the focus on the stop mode

shoulda kept it all realtime like Bastion

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I've only gotten a bit past the first boss, but it seems that way too. I've just assumed that I am missing some core mechanic and that the gameplay really does not revolve around stop mode followed by 3 seconds of dodging until I can stop mode again, repeat forever

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
stuck in turn 9 hell send help

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

well that was an anti-climactic end to the super metroid race at agdq

one of the runners about 25 minutes in got one-shotted by a boss due to a fluke thing that can happen that causes 8x damage. due to how super metroid speedrunning works he hasn't saved so he'd have to start over from the beginning. :rip:

so now the last hour is just the other guy running a victory lap, pretty much

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

and nothing of value was lost

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

univbee posted:

well that was an anti-climactic end to the super metroid race at agdq

one of the runners about 25 minutes in got one-shotted by a boss due to a fluke thing that can happen that causes 8x damage. due to how super metroid speedrunning works he hasn't saved so he'd have to start over from the beginning. :rip:

so now the last hour is just the other guy running a victory lap, pretty much

yeah, :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
volgarr the viking status: hard but owns

• Locked thread