Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Time to catch up on awesome runs I missed from last night. Let's see there's... Super Mario Sunshine and Kingdom Hearts.

You know what? I should go outside. I haven't been outside enough this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

flatluigi posted:

I know everyone likes pastebins so I dumped my recommendations of what to go back and watch into one for you all

http://pastebin.com/nPxaxi1u

Misses the Ninja Gaiden Relay race and thus is not worth a drat.

E: Agree with the rest, though.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It's time for my favorite floor watching simulator

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

IGgy IGsen posted:

Misses the Ninja Gaiden Relay race and thus is not worth a drat.

E: Agree with the rest, though.

It's under 'ninja block' in the 'runs I didn't watch yet because sleep' section

If you bookmark that i'll update it don't worry

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Mr E posted:

It's time for my favorite floor watching simulator

Was just going to post that, gently caress this poo poo. I don't understand why people like this.

Oh well, back for Halo 2. Monopoli was pretty cool last time.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Random Stranger posted:

Take your ipad with you!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

HUMAN FISH posted:

Was just going to post that, gently caress this poo poo. I don't understand why people like this.

Oh well, back for Halo 2. Monopoli was pretty cool last time.

Monopoli's super fun to watch, and the co-op run should be fantastic. I don't like Goldeneye speedruns but I do like Goose so I think I'll stay.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
Goose Buffer

IIIIIITTTTTSSSSSS....TTTIIMMMEE!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This commentary is intense.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I was about to say "holy poo poo, I didn't know Goldeneye had co-op" and then I realised it's probably a race.

Why do they look at the floor so much? Some kind of weird thing where you run faster doing it I assume?

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

The speed with which they're moving through levels in Goldeneye is impressive but staring at the floor for half an hour isn't going to be very compelling TV.

Looking at the floor reduces the amount of stuff rendered and increases framerate and thus speed.

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear

McDragon posted:

I was about to say "holy poo poo, I didn't know Goldeneye had co-op" and then I realised it's probably a race.

Why do they look at the floor so much? Some kind of weird thing where you run faster doing it I assume?

It's keeping the game from lagging. You know how much goldeneye can chug.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

McDragon posted:

Goldeneye MBV%

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Time to catch up on awesome runs I missed from last night. Let's see there's... Super Mario Sunshine and Kingdom Hearts.

I woke up early this morning and caught a little bit of KH2 and really enjoyed what I saw. It's a hard mode playthrough and it was much, much more execution oriented than I thought it would be. Most of the boss kills I saw were insane and I'll definitely be going back to watch the full thing later. Plus, spikevegeta on the mic :c00l:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"Just use your gun like a knife"

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

McDragon posted:

Co-op run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWDRtyq3Yhg

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I would pay a lot of money for this game if it were re-released on Steam or something.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JerikTelorian posted:

I would pay a lot of money for this game if it were re-released on Steam or something.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

No, this game, not some lovely unfaithful remake :colbert:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Get out.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JerikTelorian posted:

No, this game, not some lovely unfaithful remake :colbert:

lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goldeneye has aged gracefully, and by gracefully I mean not gracefully at all.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

JerikTelorian posted:

Nintendo is why you can't have this

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Yeah I'm super bitter about that. It's a real shame, because the Perfect Dark update for 360 was really great.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm sure the IL video for this level is super fun to watch, given what we're seeing now.

JerikTelorian posted:

Yeah I'm super bitter about that. It's a real shame, because the Perfect Dark update for 360 was really great.

Was gonna say this, I had a great time playing that one.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Goldeneye was never a good game. Revolutionary on consoles and I played tha poo poo out of it too, but it rides almost 100% on nostalgia.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Natalya: I'm coming, James!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dude on the left side is salty as gently caress.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Schurik posted:

Goldeneye was never a good game. Revolutionary on consoles and I played tha poo poo out of it too, but it rides almost 100% on nostalgia.

I'm not sure this is true. It hasn't aged as well as Deus Ex or Half Life 1for sure, but it's still a fun shooter.

I'm interested in how this defense segment works.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

JerikTelorian posted:

I'm not sure this is true. It hasn't aged as well as Deus Ex or Half Life 1for sure, but it's still a fun shooter.

It's considerably better if you run it in an emulator, since you'll get far higher frame rates than a real console can.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm sure the IL video for this level is super fun to watch, given what we're seeing now.

Was gonna say this, I had a great time playing that one.

It is awesome, if only for his reaction and narration. He's never seen a 1:13 and he never will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYmqJl4MoNI

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

JerikTelorian posted:

Nah, it's clunky, laggy, it looks terrible now and the genre has evolved so much that you can't really go back unless you're nostalgic. Also, the N64 controller sucks.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I still think it's pretty quality. The levels are varied, the weapons are satisfying, and it pays proper tribute to the movie and the whole Bond legacy. If not for the lovely framerate I'd be willing to play it today (maybe I'll take the emulator suggestion.)

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Goldeneye on N64 is a bit like Mario on a graphing calculator.

Wikiman
May 30, 2011

argondamn posted:

It is awesome, if only for his reaction and narration. He's never seen a 1:13 and he never will.

I forgot how good this was. LOOK AT THE PACE BABY YEAH

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

That was quite nearly an upset.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

That was a fun race!

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Luke got trolled hard at the end there

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Speedrunners are a strange breed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

argondamn posted:

Holy moly, that intro.

• Locked thread